Summit Itineraries from San Juan

gsu_paintballer

Which of these would you guys recommend? Underlined ports are repeats for us. We wouldn't normally book 18 mos in advance, but I'm willing to do it to lock in the rate and 123GO promo.

Option #1:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruises/cruise-package-SM07D135?packageid=SM07D135&shipCode=SM&dest=CARIB

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Maarteen

St Thomas

Option #2

http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruises/cruise-package-SM07D134?packageid=SM07D134&shipCode=SM&dest=CARIB

Tortola

Martinique

Dominica

St Kitts

St Thomas

Edited by gsu_paintballer

We did the Option 1 itinerary in March and loved it. I notice a change in the Option 2 itinerary you printed. In March, St. Croix was one of the ports. It seems to have been replaced with Tortola. Which is the better option depends on what you like to do the most.

We have been to all of these ports before, some numerous times. We are now most interested in sailing catamarans, snorkeling and beaches. For us, Option 1 would be our choice. Dominica is not a beach island. It is more about hiking and exploring. I was to Martinique years ago and it was one of my least favorite islands ever. Tortola affords one the opportunity of sailing and snorkeling in the BVI waters which is absolutely wonderful. To me, that would be the most appealing part of Option 2.

I would go with Option 1. Dominica is a beautiful island, but there is not all that much to do there unless you are into mountain hiking in steamy weather :p. Definitely not a shopping or beach type of island. Have not been to Martinique in years but when I was there the people were, to be kind, less than friendly and not very happy to see hoards of passengers streaming onto their island. We were really taken aback at the lack of hospitality. Has that changed in recent years? I honestly don't know. To each their own of course - some people love these islands. I stay on the ship now if I stop in Dominica, and have no burning desire to go back to Martinique for the reasons mentioned.