Steamers

I saw the title and got excited. I thought OP was writing about these:

626-43_steamed_clams_300.jpg

Now that's a steamer. :D

You must be from the North East! I am a New Yorker, currently living in Texas (Yuck), and everyone knows about oysters, but steamers.....they never heard of them.

You must be from the North East! I am a New Yorker, currently living in Texas (Yuck), and everyone knows about oysters, but steamers.....they never heard of them.

Lol.... those were the steamers I was thinking of also! :D

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Wow, how to make friends and a good impression in your current state! (NOT!) :rolleyes:

I've been here in Texas for over 35 years, and yes I know what "those" steamers are...

We've been taking our steamer on cruises since they started cracking down on irons. It's a Joyce Mangano "My Little Steamer". We always put it in our carry-on and we have NEVER been questioned or stopped. Now, if we could just get RCCL to match Princess' free laundry for Diamond Plus (Elite on Princess), We wouldn't have to pack that stuff. Are you listening RCCL?

Just returned on Oasis 6/21-6/28/14 Western Caribbean.

On the final debarkation day as you walked of the ships gangway they had a table with all the confiscated items for retrieval. There were two attendants and about 60 items. Each one had a room number on it. There were irons, steamers, hair dryers, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums