Cost for Getaway activities

az-cruiser

I am certain that the ropes course, which includes the zip lining, is free along with the mini-golf course. And I'm pretty sure that all the other activities are free, too (e.g., water slides, rock climbing, Spider Web, etc.). Someone else can confirm.

Does anyone know how much they charge for zip lining , the ropes course and all the other activities in the Getaway sports complex?

I have 2 kids that can't wait to do it all!!:eek:

$0 , $0 and $0.

Don't forget to add the tax if you are in port ($0).

Does anyone know how much they charge for zip lining , the ropes course and all the other activities in the Getaway sports complex?

I have 2 kids that can't wait to do it all!!:eek:

All of the sport activities you mentioned are free of charge.

$0 , $0 and $0.

Don't forget to add the tax if you are in port ($0).

LOL, I almost spit my pop out.

Surely that can't be right. I heard they charge for everything on the Getaway. :)

Don't worry Keith, I knew exactly what you meant and had another giggle. I like this thread. :p

0 is the new free! :D

Surely that can't be right. I heard they charge for everything on the Getaway. :)

Yeah, $0.00, $0.00, $0.00 :):)

P.S. I tried to enlarge the smilies but it didn't work.

Edited by bluesea777

Apologies if my post caused any confusion. It seems the smiley face needed to be bigger.

It was a light hearted reference to the posts you often see on this board complaining about having to pay extra for things.

My bad lol. I thought it was the OP who said she heard about paying duh on me lol

so what do you need to pay extra for on the getaway? thinking of switching from disney to the getaway this Nov. to save 2k for our family of 5!

We are considering doing the exact same thing. We were on a carnival ship in June and saw the Getaway and my kids said "I want to go on that"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm trying to decide what to do...having sailed on Disney the last 2 times we didn't need to pay extra for anything except alcohol and my kids are used to just getting free food by the pools and such. I want to save money but if it ends up that we have to pay for better food and other things on the Getaway I'm not sure if we should switch or not.

My 7 y.o. son is dying to do the Iron man thing on the Disney Magic but he does love waterslide ;) My older 2 are 12 and 15 and I want to make sure there are things they'd enjoy on the Getaway too. And I do love Castaway Cay but 2k is alot of $$$ for us!

Edited by loveysbydesign

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering, if there is no extra cost for Zip Lining etc, how long is the average wait on line while the ship is sailing. Obviously, when the ship is in port, the lines would be shorter, as most folks will be on shore.

How about Ice Skating...skate rental must be extra, or am I thinking about a different ship? :confused:

I'm wondering, if there is no extra cost for Zip Lining etc, how long is the average wait on line while the ship is sailing. Obviously, when the ship is in port, the lines would be shorter, as most folks will be on shore.

How about Ice Skating...skate rental must be extra, or am I thinking about a different ship? :confused:

No ice skating on Getaway.

Waits for the activities will depend on how full the ship is.

We were on a full sailing in July, waits for ropes were 20-30 minutes at their absolute worst. Slides not as bad.

On port days- no waiting.

We zip lined only on the days that were sea days and several times and never had any more than 5 people ahead of us waiting to get geared uo. That's the only time we waited. The line is constantly moving. No worries.

There isn't ant ice skating.