The Cruise Ship ITV 11th July

Ray66

• 2 weeks later...
cant watch it even on itv player or stv player. it wont let us watch on any player or live if you live in scotland--WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT !!!!!:mad:

Unfortunately ITV is a UK company. Scotland will continue to get its own regional channels :D

I don't think this did Princess any favours at all, I wonder if they had some editorial control. We have sailed on big ships like that in US and Europe but the programme didn't show it in a good light.

Would be nice to see a less sensationalised programme on one of the smaller ships to show how nice it can be with drinks included and visible Captains and staff like it is on Azamara and Seabourn etc. as in not all ships or lines the same.

thankfully not come across many people like Mandy the british vet or her hubbie on our travels! Wonder what they thought of the first episode and how they came over.

Have it set to record but not sure I will bother.

We didn't think it was a good advert for Princess. I liked the ship but some of the passengers featured came over very badly particularly the british woman. Felt sorry for her husband whose body language indicated that he wished he was somewhere else!

Felt like a typical ITV programme to me; very quick jumping from story to story, without letting the viewer get beneath the surface of any one thing in particular.

The BBC's Sea City programme shows what level of info can be offered on a similar subject without getting too boring or bogged down.

As others have implied, it did feel a bit cheesy too. It was a little bit cringeworthy seeing the staff 'perform' to camera and act all 'wacky' on cue, and I'm sure the intention was to portray that vet couple as a couple of real eccentrics.

Do we really want to watch the rest?

I suppose we will, if only to see if it gets any better.

But where were the ports? isn't that what cruising's about?

I understand that it was filmed over a 5 day Caribbean cruise, then a TA, so perhaps there weren't many ports to show....

Do we really want to watch the rest?

I suppose we will, if only to see if it gets any better.

But where were the ports? isn't that what cruising's about?

I understand that it was filmed over a 5 day Caribbean cruise, then a TA, so perhaps there weren't many ports to show....

I thought it was the other way round the TA followed by the caribbean.

I think tonight's episode was even worse than last week's. At least last week they showed us the frantic work in the laundry whereas this week's episode was just embarrassing all round.

If I hadn't already been on a cruise, tonight's programme would have put me off for life.

Been on a few Princess cruises and am treating the documentary for what it is........light entertainment. It's not an in depth travel promotional programme.

I know, and so do many others, what Princess is all about.

Hope the prices go down a little and i can book more.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Well thank goodness that's over! Another awful programme again last night. I'm not sure what the programme makers hoped to achieve with this and why put it on prime time TV?

The Discovery channel and Quest are much better for programmes about cruise ships.

I'll hold my hand up - I'm fairly new to cruising. I've not sailed on anything but Holland America, and am only trying Norwegian for the first time this December. We've toured Celebrity Eclipse last year when it was in Southampton and generally I'd ranked Princess in my mind as generally equal to Celebrity... that was until this show.

Basically it's made me rethink Princess entirely and rather than think of it as a luxury line, it's now on par with the likes of P&O for me. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't stop me from sailing on it given a decent price point and a general feeling of value for money, but I wouldn't pay extra to go on one.