Carnival pride or Norwegian Dawn?

missdorado26

I'm taking my husband on a cruise for his birthday and these are our 2 options. I have been on only one cruise in my life which was on the carnival glory. Which cruise ship is better overall? We are in our late 20s and we will be going alone. I liked the adults only retreat on the glory but not sure if NCL has something similar? Also the food was good to me on the carnival. Is the food the same on NCL ? We would just eat at the restaurants that are included in the price. what are perks for each ship? We will be going in August. Carnival will be going to the Bahamas and NCL will be going to Bermuda. Which destination is better?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Bermuda is much nicer than Bahamas. Which port is closer to you? Have you looked at Celebrity Summit or RCI Grandeur - both sail to Bermuda, Summit from NJ and Grandeur from Baltimore - RCI has a sail on.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

This would be a tough call for me. My aviation squadron in the Navy did our ready alert in Bermuda and I was there for several days each month, so I am not in a big hurry to go back (but DW would like to go so we will undoubtedly be going at some point and yes, I do know that it will be a different experience visiting the island on a cruise ship;)). All things being equal (meaning price) I would probably pick the Dawn because it's closer and it's to a port we haven't been to (okay, maybe not that tough a call at all :o).

Edited by sparks1093

Boston is closer to us which is the Cruise that goes to Bermuda. I was more excited about Bermuda than Bahamas anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I would go on Dawn to Bermuda.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

While I've never been on a Carnival cruise, I have been to both ports and would pick Bermuda without question. Bermuda was beautiful and I actually want to go back. My reaction to The Bahamas (years ago on the Dawn) was more of a, OK I've seen it....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I prefer Carnival to NCL*, but in this case, the port would trump it for me. It is less common for cruises to go to Bermuda!

(*I think of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and NCL as all along the same lines, but I feel that Carnival has more silly humor which we enjoy.)

I love the Pride, but it's port choices are a little slim. Bahamas is great if you've never been there, but subsequent visits didn't wow me like other ports have. I've never been to Bermuda or grand Turks, another stop the Pride makes. Port Canaveral is a resupply port and doesn't really give you much.

If I had to choose, I'd go NCL to Bermuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app