Princess Roatan Port

alyssa0922

I see there are Carnival, NCL, & Crystal ships in port the same time as we will be on the Ruby. I know Princess and Carnival will dock at Mahogany Bay, will NCL and Crystal as well? Do you think MB will be super packed? Going with a then 15 month old and thinking this will be the best option for her. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I see there are Carnival, NCL, & Crystal ships in port the same time as we will be on the Ruby. I know Princess and Carnival will dock at Mahogany Bay, will NCL and Crystal as well? Do you think MB will be super packed? Going with a then 15 month old and thinking this will be the best option for her. Thank you!

Only Carnival Corp. ships dock at Mahogany Bay. The others will be at Coxen Hole.

We can be more accurate if you specify the date that you will be in MB.

Crystal ships do dock at MB at rather random times during the year.

And, according to the MB website, any ship can dock at MB if the facilities are not already booked and they pay the going rate. This includes NCL.

We will be there November 25th. How many ships at one time can dock?

According to the MB port calendar, only the Ruby Princess and the Carnival Sunshine will be there.

If other ships are shown on that date in Roatan, they will likely be at Coxen Hole, the original dock in Roatan.

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/port-schedule.aspx

Having said all of that, Roatan is a wonderful port...the beach at MB is man made and, while many seem to enjoy it, you could take a cab to West Bay Beach and enjoy powder-sugar sand and crystal clear, warm water.

I would love to go to a different beach , however I am not super excited about getting in a cab with no car seat. Thinking MB is the best choice for the wee one. :-)

I would love to go to a different beach , however I am not super excited about getting in a cab with no car seat. Thinking MB is the best choice for the wee one. :-)
MB is very nice and it's just a short walk from the ship. You can also take the chair lift which goes from right near the ship to the beach. There are a lot of loungers and plenty of shade for the little one. There's a little restaurant but they also come around with menus so you can order and have it delivered.

7y8a3ygy.jpg

ju7ymezu.jpg

ta4y8yby.jpg

As Pam said, it's a wonderful beach and probably a great option with your little one. We did an island tour on our 2nd visit to Roatan in March and our tour guide said West Bay Beach can be very windy and the water rough, more so than the beach at the port. The day we were there it was cold, windy and mostly raining. Our first visit in 2013 we stayed at the beach at the port and had a great day (it was warm and sunny).

We loved Mahogany Bay. It is well laid out, beautifully landscaped and super close to the ship if you need to head back. There is a wonderful shopping area, zipline and a nice beach. We enjoyed our day there and if I was traveling with a toddler I would just hang out there. It is one of my favorite ports.

Where is Mahogany Bay If walking from the ship?

I know there is a chair ride to the beach... about how much does it cost? DH may want to try it.. I'm terrified of heights... so... Probably not for me;)

What is around the pier that might be worth seeing/doing?

This is a port I haven't been to before So I'm VERY THANKFUL to the OP for posting! I had some of the same questions.

Thanks!

sorry about the big pic, on a very long learning curve. The beach is to the right of the picture and at the upper right (near the brown area) cross the street and you get to the zip lining shop. Left area you go up the hill and the private taxis park there.

Where is Mahogany Bay If walking from the ship?

I know there is a chair ride to the beach... about how much does it cost? DH may want to try it.. I'm terrified of heights... so... Probably not for me;)

What is around the pier that might be worth seeing/doing?

This is a port I haven't been to before So I'm VERY THANKFUL to the OP for posting! I had some of the same questions.

Thanks!

Don't worry. You don't have to go on the chair lift. It's an easy walk to the beach on a nice boardwalk with benches every so often. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on your walking speed.

The chair lift is currently $10 pp on the Princess shore excursion site to ride it as often as you wish for the day. It goes slowly and not very high ... a rather enjoyable thing to do.

LuLu

sorry about the big pic, on a very long learning curve. The beach is to the right of the picture and at the upper right (near the brown area) cross the street and you get to the zip lining shop. Left area you go up the hill and the private taxis park there.

Britter, That REALLY answered my question about how close!!! THANKS! Liked BOTH pictures!!!

THANK YOU!

Don't worry. You don't have to go on the chair lift. It's an easy walk to the beach on a nice boardwalk with benches every so often. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on your walking speed.

The chair lift is currently $10 pp on the Princess shore excursion site to ride it as often as you wish for the day. It goes slowly and not very high ... a rather enjoyable thing to do.

LuLu

LuLu, Thanks for the calming advice! I appreciated it! THANK YOU!!

Here are some more photos of the walk. From the ship, you walk up the hill (about the length of the ship) and when you get to the top, to the left are shops and restaurants, to the far right are both the entrance to the walking path and the chair lift. You can purchase chair lift tickets there. When I was there last year, the Princess cost was $12/pp and directly it was $10/pp. Free to walk.

This is looking back towards the shops and entrance.

sasasesa.jpg

From the beach area back.

pa9u9eqy.jpg

Edited by Pam in CA