Westerdam Alaska Family Adventure

brazilgirl

Victoria :

Those of us with no American passport ( ex : my DH) had to present themselves at the piano bar at 6 pm to have their passports checked and returned before the ship was cleared. This took a good half hour. A side note : for six hours in port , the Canadian visas are expensive and hard to get here in Brazil. It took more than $250 and a month and half to get it done as we don't live in SP. We loved Canada and very much would love to return , but for the very brief stop , it was a big expense and a lot of work.

Victoria is just beautiful. We really , really would love to explore further. What an exquisite harbor and beautiful architecture. We walked to the area in front of rhe Empress and sat and had snacks and drinks while enjoying live music. We took a water taxi back. We also stopped at the house boat area. All wonderful. We had a gorgeous evening.3yzyjyse.jpg

The harbor

utedu3ab.jpg

The house boats

3y8y5usu.jpg

Totem

6ahuzapy.jpg

We had lunch at the Pinnacle Grill on our last day ( the Victoria day). It was okay. Not blown away. The chocolate dessert was left on the plate by several of us chocolate lovers. jypahydy.jpg

The china is beautiful

a3ary5u4.jpg

The shrimp bruschetta

2u8aseny.jpg

Not sure what this one is [emoji4]

a5a6ahug.jpg

Our group

What a wonderful review. We are on the Westerdam this Saturday the 12th. So happy that Gallant Adventures was good. We booked them as well for 7:30am. Did you have any issues getting on the tender early? We are also in a suite and are supposed to get priority. Were there any problems with this?

What a wonderful review. We are on the Westerdam this Saturday the 12th. So happy that Gallant Adventures was good. We booked them as well for 7:30am. Did you have any issues getting on the tender early? We are also in a suite and are supposed to get priority. Were there any problems with this?

No issues at all ... In fact we did not even need to use our " priority " . There were no linea that early and we just got on . It actually took a while to leave as the tender was not full and they waited to fill it up.

The Gallant Adventures is so nice because of the small boat and personalized attention. We saw so much and Sitka is just stunning.

Tell him hello from Brazil!

Dear brazilgirl,

Thank you for a great review. It really helps with the excitement factor when reading other peoples experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Greetings from Switzerland.

Loved your review and all the wonderful pictures.

What a lovely family!!

Thank you! I think they are lovely too ...they bring me much joy! The World Cup just ended! Finally life will be back to normal in Brazil [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Does anyone know if children are always by the pier in Sitka? I'd like to plan ahead to give my girls some money to "support" local business if they are ;)

I don't recall kids being there but it might be my faulty memory.

There were actually 2 young boys singing ( rather competing , albeit cutely) and all the cookie , lemonade and Russian tea stands. Very nicely set up and charming. My son gave his favorite singer a contribution. This set up is quite nice as you stand in line for the tenders.a6umugup.jpg

Simger one

u8ygysy3.jpg

Singer two

e6a6uda2.jpg

I love the Russian Tea sign

I really loved Sitka ( as I said before [emoji2][emoji2])