I've Never Been Treated So Poorly By Customer Service

surfjock27

In situations like this where people think your complaining for the money but just doing it out of principle I find that donating the money to charity and making that clear I. Any letters gets a far better response.

I had reason to complain to a bank not that long ago and was offered £50 compensation for the inconvenience, when I made it clear it wasn't about the money and that any compensation would be given to charity they upped the compensation to £500. Restored my faith in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor customer service, especially when you can't hear the person (the worst) is inexcusable. That said, just give up on the $20. It's not worth it. Studies that are done showing the amount of cortisol that surges through your body and the other negative effects of frustration/stress/anger should show us all that it's not worth fighting these little fights. Yes, $20 might mean a lot to someone who has nothing but face it, we're talking about such a small percentage off the price of a CRUISE here, not bus fare to a soup kitchen. Just let it go and try to get some peace over the situation.

This seems to be the Carnival way at the moment! I submitted a price drop but it was refused. I then sent in the screen shot of the price I had seen but never heard anything back! I called them on Sunday morning and I spent 10 minutes speaking with an advisor. I then was transferred to a supervisor. She had me on speakerphone the entire time! She too refused to accept the screen shot! If Carnival offer an Early Saver rate then why do they spend so much time arguing with people. Goodwill goes a long way!

I'll be going back to using my TA for all future bookings! At least they would've given me price drop!

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

My faith has been restored in Carnival! My original price drop wasn't honoured but they did find another drop through another promotion that was around the same amount! Happy dance! :):p:D:p:D

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

I just called Carnival last week regarding a cruise that I am going on next week. The problem had been ongoing and at one point I had" forgotten about it" ( while I was having a surgery for possible cancer; planning my son's wedding and doing our year end close out at work). I actually "assumed" ( my mistake) that Carnival had taken care of the issue. I am a previous cruise agent and past Carnival guest and had always had excellent customer service with Carnival. When I discovered last week that the problem was not resolved, I called. The "supervisor" that came to the phone was rude and repeatedly told me that it was my fault for not contacting them sooner. I explained that when this occurred in April, we had called and emailed several times. I also explained the above reasons for not calling back sooner. She reminded me that "They are open 24 HOURS per day ( which I did not know). IN the end, the original problem ended up being

something that I still don't completely agree with. I told the representative that I was very disappointed with how badly Carnival's customer service had dropped and how we were treated through the entire situation. She basically said " Is there anything else we can help you with?"...and that was that!!!

I never get to take advantage of price drops.. I use handicapped cabins as I am disabled and have a scooter and wheelchair with me when I travel. So I need the 4J cabins. Since the HC cabins are extremely limited I never get the price drops. I called once, and once only, was told since there was no other 4J to sell to anyone at the lower price point she was not going to give me the lower price.. she then HUNG UP on me.. no good bye.. no thanks for calling Carnival.. hung up.. yes..great cust serv..

So... I went through the same thing yesterday but with polite people. I thought it was a price difference of 140 but ended up getting 119.74. Just crunching the listed number it was 140 but the taxes port fee went up 10.13pp. I actually figured it out on my own looking at my confirmation e-mail. I am assuming that's what happened to you too, but poor customer service is never acceptable.

We had a small price drop on our Upcoming Freedom October cruise. I called and they adjusted it for me but the taxes and port fees had gone up as well. In the end it will cover a couple drinks but still worth it.

When using the fare viewer you have to actually go in and do a mock booking to see what the current taxes and port fees are.

I never get to take advantage of price drops.. I use handicapped cabins as I am disabled and have a scooter and wheelchair with me when I travel. So I need the 4J cabins. Since the HC cabins are extremely limited I never get the price drops. I called once, and once only, was told since there was no other 4J to sell to anyone at the lower price point she was not going to give me the lower price.. she then HUNG UP on me.. no good bye.. no thanks for calling Carnival.. hung up.. yes..great cust serv..

Wow that is sooo rude. I have to say, thankfully I haven't run into much more than maybe a rep who was a bit testy. Nothing (thankfully) like these horror stories. I admit to being a pita this year switching ships twice and rooms, price drops, etc. Everyone has been polite. I tend to call late at night. Maybe by then folks are bored and happy to take a call. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, recently my experiences with Carnival customer service have been very bad to say the least. I've been very unimpressed with their customer service, managers, and PVP's.

There is a huge disparity between the service you get onboard vs. the pre and post service. Perhaps Carnival should focus on the customer service prior to getting on the ship. I wonder just what percentage of people they lose in the booking / pre-booking phase.

My experience is that the customer service people are very polite BUT are trained to never give anything away. This is a case for having a good PVP. I've had issues over the years and since I know the PVP's I've had over the years on a personal basis I have always gotten a satisfactory answer. For $20 I'd chalk it it up. Not worth the aggravation.

I had an unpleasant experience with them yesterday. Called because I saw a price drop and wanted to get an OBC for the difference (since it was after the final payment date). Due to the rate I booked under (according to carinval), I was ineligible for the OBC.

Ok, fine. no biggie. I asked if they could point me to the documentation/invoice - or send me a new one showing the rate I booked under so i could have that to look up the T&Cs for future information. They were not able to do so, and then argued with me about when i booked, the correct T&Cs showed as part of the booking process, and i should have looked at it then.

I said, ok, i'm fairly sure I booked under a different promo, where can i find that info (promotion code) on an invoice? They can't. Then they started reading from their end the promo T&Cs with the valid dates (7/1-7/13) - i reminded them i booked in June which would have made me not eligible for the promotion they said i booked. I hung up stating, nicely, that this was really bad customer service. I plan to book through a different TA next time (Since it is past my final payment, I can't transfer the booking to someone else).

This whole process took an hour. If I was able to see a copy of the promo code on my invoice - I wouldn't have even called.

TL;DR - write the promo code on the invoice that gets mailed out to the customer