Northbound AK Cruise with Lots of Photos, Menus and Patters

MVPinBoynton

We have just published the review of our recent Northbound Alaska cruise on the Island Princess and seven day land tour. There are lots of photos of the many beautiful ports and inland Alaska; as well as of the ship, including the bar and restaurant menus, food photos and Princess Patters.

You can see the review on our website www.thepreismans.com. We hope it either brings back some fond memories of your Alaska cruise or helps in planning your cruise to see a most beautiful part of the country. Enjoy!

Mike & Carol............wow, great presentation with your website and the cruises you have taken over the years......wow! Enjoyed very much your recent cruise thru Alaska.......great pics!

I will be adding your website to a listing of Princess Patter sites that I have compiled and post regularly on CC for members to locate and review for their information.

Thank you a bunch for posting your cruise experience and sharing with us all!

Mike

Mike & Carol............wow, great presentation with your website and the cruises you have taken over the years......wow! Enjoyed very much your recent cruise thru Alaska.......great pics!

I will be adding your website to a listing of Princess Patter sites that I have compiled and post regularly on CC for members to locate and review for their information.

Thank you a bunch for posting your cruise experience and sharing with us all!

Mike

Glad you enjoyed the review. What is your site URL, it would have come in handy before we went on the cruise?:D

You picked a great cabin. I think you will be happy with it. If you could do me a favor please. For some reason, I didn't get a photo of our wonderful cabin attendant, Marlon. If you have him as yours, would you mind taking his photo and sending it to me so I can include it in our review. I would really appreciate it. I took 8,000 photos and somehow, I missed Marlon. :D

Will do - if he let me ;)

I've just spent a very long time looking at your website, it's truly wonderful. I really enjoyed all the pictures and menus, it really helps knowing what to expect.

I especially liked looking at your England Driving Tour. Three years ago I did a coach tour of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Being from the UK originally, many people asked me why I didn't just rent a car, your picture of your car half off the road is exactly why :)

I do have questions for you regarding the manicure. Was that cost for a gel/shellac and was the cost to remove the old polish for gel/shellac? I can understand why you felt taken, I prefer to know the exact cost up front and decide for myself if I'm willing to pay it.

Thanks,

Eve

Eve, I reserved my manicure online before the cruise. It doesn't specify different types, it just says manicure $41. My nails are shellac. They charged $45 instead of the advertised $41, and an extra $20 to remove my old polish. Then they included an automatic tip of $9.75 for a grand total of $74.75. There was no mention anywhere of additional charges.

I had been expecting to pay the $41 plus I would have given a $8.25 tip to equal $49.25. I have never paid extra to have polish removed, on land or at sea!

I've just spent a very long time looking at your website, it's truly wonderful. I really enjoyed all the pictures and menus, it really helps knowing what to expect.

I especially liked looking at your England Driving Tour. Three years ago I did a coach tour of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Being from the UK originally, many people asked me why I didn't just rent a car, your picture of your car half off the road is exactly why :)

I do have questions for you regarding the manicure. Was that cost for a gel/shellac and was the cost to remove the old polish for gel/shellac? I can understand why you felt taken, I prefer to know the exact cost up front and decide for myself if I'm willing to pay it.

Thanks,

Eve

Those country roads in England are something else. Way too narrow. I won't drive on them again. They were built for motorcycles :D

An American friend was looking at pictures of the village I grew up in and commented how she just loves those quaint one way streets. She didn't believe me when I said it was a two way street. I still remember my mother hitting a pedestrian with her side mirror as they were walking on the pavement lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carol,

The one time I had a gel manicure I made the mistake of trying to remove it myself so I had no idea if or what it would cost. I appreciate knowing what it's going to cost me and I will still have it done because using my gifted OBC is better than having it done on land using my earned money :)

Thanks,

Eve

Sent from my iPad using Forums

An American friend was looking at pictures of the village I grew up in and commented how she just loves those quaint one way streets. She didn't believe me when I said it was a two way street. I still remember my mother hitting a pedestrian with her side mirror as they were walking on the pavement.

Ouch!

Thanks for taking time to write that review and all the pictures you posted. Only 58 days to go for us.

I went and looked at you South America Infinity trip. We stayed at the Sheraton in Iguazu Falls also back in March of 2008 what a great place to see and stay. They really cleaned up and updated the hotel since 2008. That Brought back good memories of Buenos Aires and Argentina

Edited by beanersts

Thanks for taking time to write that review and all the pictures you posted. Only 58 days to go for us.

I went and looked at you South America Infinity trip. We stayed at the Sheraton in Iguazu Falls also back in March of 2008 what a great place to see and stay. They really cleaned up and updated the hotel since 2008. That Brought back good memories of Buenos Aires and Argentina

Thanks. Yes the Sheraton Iguazu was a most enjoyable place. I am so glad that I took the extra time to go there and see the amazing falls. It was the highlight oft he vacation and probably the most spectacular natural wonder we have ever seen anywhere in the world.

Iditarod has a web site and you can follow it through that...They also will have an "insider" edition where you can follow all of the trackers (the GPS that is on each sled)...That is a few bucks but has lots and lots of videos of each musher as they do their 1,000 miles...Lots of women do Iditarod....It is a different life style but not all of live "off the grid" as Heidi does...and it is composed of many different "kinds" of people. It takes about 50,000 to run a race team....if you figure everything in it...a bootie for a dog is about 1.25.....and you need about 1500 of them...Each dog eats about 30,000 calories a day....anyway, I am getting on my fav subject....and yes, we have a kennel too...Heidi was in the YQ 300 last year, and I am sure if you look up on the Yukon Quest site or on you tube you will find some pictures of her running. I helped "handle" for here and we had a professional photographer along who wanted to help and I know he took some pictures...Someplace, there is a wonderful one near Christmas tree lights, and each of her dogs had a different color lit collar on...Quite spectacular....Anyway, here I go again, diverging...:) Sorry.....

Iditarod has a web site and you can follow it through that...They also will have an "insider" edition where you can follow all of the trackers (the GPS that is on each sled)...That is a few bucks but has lots and lots of videos of each musher as they do their 1,000 miles...Lots of women do Iditarod....It is a different life style but not all of live "off the grid" as Heidi does...and it is composed of many different "kinds" of people. It takes about 50,000 to run a race team....if you figure everything in it...a bootie for a dog is about 1.25.....and you need about 1500 of them...Each dog eats about 30,000 calories a day....anyway, I am getting on my fav subject....and yes, we have a kennel too...Heidi was in the YQ 300 last year, and I am sure if you look up on the Yukon Quest site or on you tube you will find some pictures of her running. I helped "handle" for here and we had a professional photographer along who wanted to help and I know he took some pictures...Someplace, there is a wonderful one near Christmas tree lights, and each of her dogs had a different color lit collar on...Quite spectacular....Anyway, here I go again, diverging...:) Sorry.....

Thanks so much for all that info. It takes a much bigger monetary commitment than I thought. Say Hi to Heidi for me. She is a gem!

Thank you for posting your review! DH and I are on the Island in August for the same trip - this will be very helpful.

I have one question about Alfredo's Pizza. Is that different from the pizza that one can normally get up on the pool deck? Is it a new restaurant? I don't remember Alfredo's from our prior Princess cruises.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for posting your review! DH and I are on the Island in August for the same trip - this will be very helpful.

I have one question about Alfredo's Pizza. Is that different from the pizza that one can normally get up on the pool deck? Is it a new restaurant? I don't remember Alfredo's from our prior Princess cruises.

Thanks for your help!

Glad you enjoyed the review. For lunch the Sabatini restaurant serves pizza. They call it Alfredo's Pizza to differentiate it from their normal fare. The pizzas are different from what you get at the Pizzeria and the environment is obviously much nicer.

Glad you enjoyed the review. For lunch the Sabatini restaurant serves pizza. They call it Alfredo's Pizza to differentiate it from their normal fare. The pizzas are different from what you get at the Pizzeria and the environment is obviously much nicer.

Thank you! :)

One other thing, you might want to take a look at our 2005 Alaska trip, too, as it was in August. It will give you an idea as to the difference in the things Mike and I saw. :)

Edited by CAPinBoynton