Towels?

aqcrme1

I'm not comfortable with using the towels that are provided by the cruise lines and hotels thinking that they are not hygienic. However, towels are taking a lot of space in my luggage,they don't fully dry and kinda smell bad. There are some light and quick dry alternative towels around. Any recommendations ?:confused:

What do you do about the sheets...do you pack your own?

Also what about the cloth napkins in the dining room, dishes, flatware, and glasses, and a million other things that you touch every day (remote, phone, elevator buttons, doorknobs, etc)?

I don't have an answer to your question, just wondering about these other things.

Working in that industry I can tell you that the three things you need to worry about our the remotes (most nastiest thing in the room), the bedspreads and for the love of everything good and holy check your sheets. Not sure if it really an issue on a ship but some housekeepers WILL cut corners to get their room times down by not changing the sheets especially on a really busy day. I was an inspector and could always tell when one of the housekeepers decided not to change the sheets when someone checked out. Now we did not have a lot of girls would would do that but every now and then we did have a lazy or slow moving one who just did not care and would. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Is it ok to bring towels from the cruise ship to the beach in Bermuda? Is it acceptable or should I bring our own?

It's OK to bring the stripped pool towels to the beach. The ship will have you sign for them when you leave, they'll collect them when you return.

It's OK to bring the stripped pool towels to the beach. The ship will have you sign for them when you leave, they'll collect them when you return.

Procedures vary by cruise line, and sometimes by ship, for getting towels and returning them.;):)

Guest maddycat
Working in that industry I can tell you that the three things you need to worry about our the remotes (most nastiest thing in the room), the bedspreads and for the love of everything good and holy check your sheets. Not sure if it really an issue on a ship but some housekeepers WILL cut corners to get their room times down by not changing the sheets especially on a really busy day. I was an inspector and could always tell when one of the housekeepers decided not to change the sheets when someone checked out. Now we did not have a lot of girls would would do that but every now and then we did have a lazy or slow moving one who just did not care and would. :eek:

That's really gross.

Hi Barb, what striped towels? I sail with Celebrity and none of their

towels are striped. They offer large size blue towels for the pool AND

different even bigger towels in a yellow color are given to passengers

for port days.

I would think every cruiseline has their own way of offering towels.

Celebrity doesn't have anyone sign in or out for them.

To the Original Poster, sorry you are having issues and feel the need

to bring your own:(....so do you use them and when they get wet

hang them in your shower? Do you use the towels provided in the

cabin for your normal shower?

I have never had problems with the cruiseline towels. The ones

for the pool/beach are big AND fluffy:D

Edited by Lois R

Lois, of the four lines we've cruised on, Celebrity's big yellow fluffy towels are the BEST.:) And yes,we never had to sign them in or out. The steward provided one in the cabin to take off the ship and exchanged it for a new one when we brought it back.....but you know that.;)

Lois, of the four lines we've cruised on, Celebrity's big yellow fluffy towels are the BEST.:) And yes,we never had to sign them in or out. The steward provided one in the cabin to take off the ship and exchanged it for a new one when we brought it back.....but you know that.;)

Hi stranger:)...I put the wrong information in my last sentence......

The pool towels are big and blue...the towels for beach/excursions/ports

are yellow and even BIGGER than the pool towels;)

Hope you are doing well:)