Age group?!

ladyruby

Hi all after watching a tv program I was just wondering if certain times of the yr have different age groups ? Anyone got any thoughts on this ? Thanks

different ships, different destination ,length of cruise will all have an effect on age group.

If it is an adults only ships I think the age demographic will always be higher than on a family friendly ship.

Crusies to the Baltic and Fjords probably attract older than the Canaries or Med

Cruises of 7-14 will attract younger than the 21 day and longer ones.

It's just a case of research before one books a cruise as to whether what is being offered, what age it will attract, as to whether it would be suitable to someone.

Hi all after watching a tv program I was just wondering if certain times of the yr have different age groups ? Anyone got any thoughts on this ? Thanks

I think it is in the nature of cruising that the vast majority of cruisers will be 50 to 55+ remember that cruises go all the year round and the people who have the time and money to go at those times will be in that age range.

There are cruises in the summer where there will be a larger % of younger cruisers but even then there will be a high proportion of older people.

Follow what people have said above, summer, fly cruising and short cruises will tend to give a younger element.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've done 2 Caribbean cruises in March and December and I would say age spans from 20 - 70's with the majority 40 - 60 that was our experience we are mid 50's & early 60's and were never short of nice people to chat to.

Only once were we glad dinner was over because our dinner companions conversations were not to our liking (to much moaning, choice language & very verbally militant) but hey ho that was just one dinner out of 14 so no major deal everyone else were really good company, if we're not in a talkative mood we just ask for a table for 2.

As I understand it - family friendly ships, fly cruises and short cruises tend to attract younger people. Longer cruises out of Southampton on Adult only ships tend to be older crowds.

Agreed. We're just back from 14 nighter out of Southampton on an Adult only ship. We're 51 & 49. There were a few younger than us, but the vast majority of people (90% easily) we spoke with were retired.

We've done 2 Caribbean cruises in March and December and I would say age spans from 20 - 70's with the majority 40 - 60 that was our experience we are mid 50's & early 60's and were never short of nice people to chat to.

Only once were we glad dinner was over because our dinner companions conversations were not to our liking (to much moaning, choice language & very verbally militant) but hey ho that was just one dinner out of 14 so no major deal everyone else were really good company, if we're not in a talkative mood we just ask for a table for 2.

I will talk to anybody. Met some fantastic 80+ cruisers.

On my Arcadia Baltic cruise the average age of the passengers was 64 but that was their chronological age. I would estimate their behaviourable age to be at least 10 years older. On some nights the ship felt like the Mary Celeste after 10.30 ;)

The DJ told me they had a busy night in the disco, with FIVE passengers :D

I will talk to anybody. Met some fantastic 80+ cruisers.

As will we (we are 27 and 28) but it would be nice if there were others in our age group. Even if we don't necessarily talk to them, it's just nice not to feel like the odd one out.

We discovered this in Cuba as the only non-Canadians in the hotel. We met lots of lovely people but there was still a culture gap at times.

As will we (we are 27 and 28) but it would be nice if there were others in our age group. Even if we don't necessarily talk to them, it's just nice not to feel like the odd one out.

We discovered this in Cuba as the only non-Canadians in the hotel. We met lots of lovely people but there was still a culture gap at times.

Spikey, have you cruised with other lines, you will probably find your age range are in the majority on RCCL for example?

We looked at a few lines but the P&O cruise we saw was the best one for us. The age range is no issue for us as long as we're not completely alone in being under 60 which our research said we won't be.

Not sure which P&O ship you are going on or time of year or destination but you are right you wont be the only younger passengers, however you will find that whereas on other lines, younger activities or venues are still bustling late into the evening you can sometimes find on P&O that they are dead or non existent. Likewise other lines may have group sporting activities (if thats your thing) such as pool volleyball which are well attended.

Same for the ships nightclubs etc.....