is the usual customer service?

cruised 6 times now another line.. had pretty good customer service until.. and then jumped over here to NCL

Today i book first cruise through NCL customer service.. 2 rooms - one room Customer Service has discount missing, last name spelt incorrectly but same last name on first room.

The PDF for ulimate dinning reservations . both are sent blank

extra information that was to be sent by email .. not arrived,

I called back and was told will send correction now ,,, 6 hours later still waiting for corrections PDF and other information.

I booked at 10 this morning

Could i be getting all new information sent over night or is this unusual.

So far not great customer service, hope it gets better :)

Edited by seeing this world

cruised 6 times now another line.. had pretty good customer service until.. and then jumped over here to NCL

Today i book first cruise through NCL customer service.. 2 rooms - one room Customer Service has discount missing, last name spelt incorrectly but same last name on first room.

The PDF for ulimate dinning reservations . both are sent blank

extra information that was to be sent by email .. not arrived,

I called back and was told will send correction now ,,, 6 hours later still waiting for corrections PDF and other information.

I booked at 10 this morning

Could i be getting all new information sent over night or is this unusual.

So far not great customer service, hope it gets better :)

The WT_? experience won't get any better AFTER your booked.:)

I have never had troubles or any bad experience with NCL customer service, on or off the ship. Try again and hopefully it will be better.

Edited by Hikini

Yup, pretty normal for NCL customer service. You really have to know your stuff and inspect every detail. In other words, do their job.

Sorry but I'll have to disagree because I've always received wonderful customer service. Maybe I've been lucky but so far things have been great.

At this point, the OP should simply ask the name of your PCC,

but we know this is a dead end.:)

No names allowed on here i guess but I've liked Norwegians page on facebook and one day he showed up in my newsfeed. I gave him a call and so far, so good.

is there a way to get better service then as this totally unacceptable? If this is the start of NCL is the cutomer service on ship any better or am i looked at like a cash cow?

Not sure why you're so defensive. Get a PCC or a travel agent. You might still have to do some hand-holding, but the agent will do the grunt work. It's a customer's responsibility to see things are done right, and to get them corrected if they aren't. Nothing to do with customer service or cash cows.

I use a land-based TA who deals with nothing but cruises. I guess I'm lucky as I've yet to have a problem...with NCL or the TA! But my TA says she has problems dealing with ALL cruise lines she calls, so it isn't just NCL - although others will pipe in and say that this is specific to NCL only! :rolleyes:

Sorry but I'll have to disagree because I've always received wonderful customer service. Maybe I've been lucky but so far things have been great.

I agree with you kcwingwalker, but some people just love to wallow in negativity. :(

NCL has always done great by us.

Call the Miami office (I can give you the number if you want) and submit a complaint.

They will both correct the problem and give you some compensatory OBC (like $50) if you ask for it.

thank you for the offer, i called again for the third time after i posted this. So far they managed to get two of the three issues corrected. Travel agent does not really work well for me, once you agree on a price they don't want to go after reductions.. Canadian travel agent vs USA agents way different, no bonus unless it is offered by cruise line, no free perks from them, no wine left in room, nothing they want thier commision on the highest rate they can get.

It was hit and miss on my first NCL cruise. A lot of not so good calls, long holds, and large price drops I didn't qualify for. Some agents were nicer than others. Just trying to learn the company's policies, and with it being my first cruise, I didn't make some of the best choices. I chose not let it get to me and my experience on the actual cruise was great. So much I'm going to go again. I also prefer not to use a TA. I don't need a middleman. I feel no one is going to look for a better offer for me or go to bat better than myself. Than I have no one to blame but myself as well. But to each their own.

Edited by Siora7777

thank you for the offer, i called again for the third time after i posted this. So far they managed to get two of the three issues corrected. Travel agent does not really work well for me, once you agree on a price they don't want to go after reductions.. Canadian travel agent vs USA agents way different, no bonus unless it is offered by cruise line, no free perks from them, no wine left in room, nothing they want thier commision on the highest rate they can get.

Thanks for the explanation of why a travel agent isn't a good option for you. An NCL PCC (personal cruise consultant) might be better in your situation. You'll still need to do the hand-holding, but you'll have ONE person to talk to instead of dealing with whomever happens to answer the phone.