My Wedding Dress Arrived!

Laurie S.

My wedding dress from Izidresses.com arrived this weekend. This is a less than $200 copy of a $1,300 designer dress. I'm very pleased--the dress is beautifully made and the quality is excellent. I sew a lot, especially costumes, so I know what is good work. The seams are all finished, the fit is perfect with one exception, and the materials are as stated in the description.

The exception is the Y-shaped piece that goes over my head and snaps onto the strap that comes up from the back of the dress. It's about 4 inches too long, which is an easy alteration. I don't know how they could measure this piece, so I think they give you a long enough strap to get it altered to fit.

The designer dress had Swarovski crystals on the trim, which I knew I wouldn't be getting considering the price; however, the trim is beautiful and has some crystals, seed beads, and rhinestones. I might add some crystals, later, for a little more bling. ;)

The length at the front of the dress is perfect, just hitting the floor. It has a beautiful train that is about three feet long at the back. When I ordered the dress, I told them that I would be barefoot on the beach and that they didn't need to add length for shoes.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their dresses to anyone. I did give them custom measurements, so I think that's the key to a perfect fit.

Here are some pictures of the dress, and the veil I found on eBay.

dress4.jpg

dress2.jpg

dress1.jpg

dress3.jpg

How beautiful! I'm so happy it worked out for you with just one easy fix. Thanks so much for posting pictures, I've been waiting to see it. You will look so beautiful! I was barefoot on the beach at sunset in Jamaica and we almost forgot to kick off our sandals before the ceremony. :D

Laurie,

What a lovely dress! It's just perfect for a beach wedding! I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it on your wedding day as you look lovely in it now.

Congratulations! I hope you have the wedding and married life of your dreams!:D

Laurie, your dress is beautiful. What Island are you getting married on ?

My daughter is getting married on the ship. Not as cool as the beach but still pretty awesome. Congrats on your wedding and your beautiful gown.

We're getting married on Fiji at Wananavu Resort. They offer a wedding and diving package, which is perfect for us. After our repositioning cruise, we fly there for a week. We are so looking forward to it! :)

Yes, we'll be jumping in the ocean. I don't intend to bring the dress back home, which was the main reason for not spending an outrageous amount of money for it. I will save the beaded trim, however.

Oh cool

Can you post photos of this

Unreal thought

Look forward to seeing end results

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I finally have a video of the wedding ceremony. We met a wonderful couple from Germany at the resort and we dove with them several days. They came to our wedding and took pictures and produced this beautiful video. We first did the beach wedding, then we did a ring ceremony underwater and went for a short dive. I did it in my wedding dress. :)

Thank you! Because it was so heavy, I planned on leaving it behind, but did cut off the beaded trim to use later on something special. The wedding coordinator asked if she could have the dress and was thrilled when I gave it to her. She is going to make something special from it and said she would send me a photo when she was done.