What's new after Vista?

EZ4

A little bird told me that the Vista will be a combination of the Spirit and Dream classes taking the best of both classes in a larger size. That would be interesting.

Very interesting indeed, the good thing about the Spirit class type ships is that they are very flexible in terms of design variation. Cunard for example, had many variant designs of the QV before she débuted and while some didn't have that classic ''Cunard liner look'' some of these would look good with a Carnival funnel. Especially the third one. If what you say is true Vista could look something like these possibly.

IMG_0107.jpg

What's the 5th one on order? I have the Anthem & Quantum, Oasis III & Oasis IV. What am I missing?

I had heard about a third Oasis but not a fourth. When is that one supposed to be coming out?

Wonder where they will put them given overcapacity in the Caribbean.

I had heard about a third Oasis but not a fourth. When is that one supposed to be coming out?

Wonder where they will put them given overcapacity in the Caribbean.

Look for at least half of the ships to be in the Asia/Australia market.

I would expect to see at least two more Vista class ships for the 2019 and 2020 time frame and 4 or 5 more for the sister companies. Look for another spin off for the rest of the (remaining) Fantasy class tied to these announcements.

...Look for another spin off for the rest of the (remaining) Fantasy class tied to these announcements...

Perhaps something like a new Fantasy Class based fleet that can service ports such as Tampa and others with bridge issues or revamping the fleet with new "3.0" upgrades!!

Edited by Captain Carnival

Perhaps something like a new Fantasy Class based fleet that can service ports such as Tampa and others with bridge issues or revamping the fleet with new "3.0" upgrades!!

Not a bad idea, but really does not smoothly fit in their "it's better to put more people on a ship economic theory".

It won't just be RCI doing it either, I expect all others (Carnival Cruise Line excepted) to follow suit.

Carnival Australia is already experimenting with Asia cruises when the Carnival Spirit has her drydock in Singapore.

http://www.carnival.com.au/common/lightboxes/lightbox-itinerary.html?width=700&height=475&CruiseCode=S527N&DeparturePortCode=SIN&CruiseNights=15&RegionCode=G&ShipCode=SP

Edited by Disconnections

It won't just be RCI doing it either, I expect all others (Carnival Cruise Line excepted) to follow suit.

I'm not sure that CCL will be the exception. The ships chase the money where ever that may be. NA, Europe, Asia. I don't think they really care whose money it is, they just want it and will go to where the people are most willing to pay the most to cruise.

I'm not sure that CCL will be the exception. The ships chase the money where ever that may be. NA, Europe, Asia. I don't think they really care whose money it is, they just want it and will go to where the people are most willing to pay the most to cruise.

Carnival Corp. already operates in Asia under its Princess, Seabourn and Costa brands. Given that Carnival is perceived as a very American brand (down to the red, white and blue colors) there are certain risks involved in taking Carnival ships to certain parts of the world and it makes more sense to use subsidiaries that are closely affiliated with other countries. Costa's tagline is literally "Cruising, Italian Style" for example. That has long been Carnival's rationale for pulling out of Europe: it cost too much for Americans to fly there. Left unsaid is that Europeans who cruise choose one of Carnival's locally based and flagged subsidiaries, like AIDA, Costa and P&O.

Carnival Corp. already operates in Asia under its Princess, Seabourn and Costa brands. Given that Carnival is perceived as a very American brand (down to the red, white and blue colors) there are certain risks involved in taking Carnival ships to certain parts of the world and it makes more sense to use subsidiaries that are closely affiliated with other countries. Costa's tagline is literally "Cruising, Italian Style" for example. That has long been Carnival's rationale for pulling out of Europe: it cost too much for Americans to fly there. Left unsaid is that Europeans who cruise choose one of Carnival's locally based and flagged subsidiaries, like AIDA, Costa and P&O.

Strange things happen in the pursuit of money. In fact a cruise line with Caribbean prominent in it's name will be sending it's newest ship to China. I think the Asians could live with a little red, white and blue. :)

Strange things happen in the pursuit of money. In fact a cruise line with Caribbean prominent in it's name will be sending it's newest ship to China. I think the Asians could live with a little red, white and blue. :)

It certainly is a significant change in the "cruising world" that used to be dominated in the Caribbean. It will be interesting to watch how following the money, as you describe it (and I would tend to agree) alters how cruise lines change and evolve. We can see already that after promising Quantum to the New York area and then pulling her out after 5 months or so and sending your newest Jewel to a brand new cruising part of the world. I wonder how the Carnival loyals (which I am one) would feel if Vista was sent there as well as the NCL loyals would feel if the same were to be said of their new builds?

While I know they "said" that Anthem would replace Quantum, who knows if it is as you say, following the money, she follows Quantum to the promised land.

It certainly is a significant change in the "cruising world" that used to be dominated in the Caribbean. It will be interesting to watch how following the money, as you describe it (and I would tend to agree) alters how cruise lines change and evolve. We can see already that after promising Quantum to the New York area and then pulling her out after 5 months or so and sending your newest Jewel to a brand new cruising part of the world. I wonder how the Carnival loyals (which I am one) would feel if Vista was sent there as well as the NCL loyals would feel if the same were to be said of their new builds?

While I know they "said" that Anthem would replace Quantum, who knows if it is as you say, following the money, she follows Quantum to the promised land.

Big world out there and corporations are in the business of making money so they will send their ships where they can make the most profit.

Well from what I can find, the new Carnival Vista is not a Vista Class ship - it is a completely new design. There have already been 11 Vista Class ships built, and the Carnival Vista is not one of them, nor will it be, however, the Carnival Vista may be somewhat similar to them.

Well from what I can find, the new Carnival Vista is not a Vista Class ship - it is a completely new design. There have already been 11 Vista Class ships built, and the Carnival Vista is not one of them, nor will it be, however, the Carnival Vista may be somewhat similar to them.

Can you give us an example of a Vista class ship?

Can you give us an example of a Vista class ship?

The new Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Victoria, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Arcadia, Noordam, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Costa Deliziosa. Not sure which is the 11th. Vista class was named because of all of the glass used.

Not sure yet what class of ship the Carnival Vista will be - not enough info released yet.