Magic taking over (at least some) 5 day cruises for Triumph in 2015?!

gtonda

I am also on the March 9 sailing of Triumph but have not received an email? I've never been on the Magic either. We have connecting OV rooms booked and people coming from out of town so I hope we learn something.

Actually I could have received the email and just deleted it without reading it because I've been getting blasted with the emails about the sales and never pay attention to them.. Does anyone know if they increase the rate for the extra day when they make changes like this other than the taxes maybe going up?

Actually I could have received the email and just deleted it without reading it because I've been getting blasted with the emails about the sales and never pay attention to them.. Does anyone know if they increase the rate for the extra day when they make changes like this other than the taxes maybe going up?

Your rate will stay the same even with the added day. So in other words, you are getting an extra day for free.

Interesting itinerary, but why only staying in Coz until 4:00 PM? That's a short run to Progreso, they should let you stay in Coz later.

That was my exact comment last time I did that itinerary. I don't get why they leave so early either.

Must be something to do with the ports timing. Maybe they can only fit them in certain time slots? I dunno, got to be something. Its a few hours away at most.

I didn't get a letter but got a new cabin confirmation email for the Magic. Mar 9th.

Hmmm, I haven't gotten anything yet? Did you use a PVP or TA? Did you get the same/similar cabin?

Magic was supposed to drydock til 3/15. I wonder if this will be the first trip out? :rolleyes:

Carnival is still showing a 5 day Triumph cruise leaving on Saturday Mar 14 which would still make the Mar 9 a 5 day? I wonder what Triumph will be doing on Mar 9th? Guess I'll wait til I hear something from them or my PVP. :confused:

Curious as to what they will do with tips. Especially those who have pre-paid already. We did not pre pay. I would assume Cheers is what it is, 6 days or bust. (If you buy it day 1 of course.) Can Cheers be pre purchased?

Any news on what the Triumph will be doing during this time? Sure am curious. A Longer cruise would sure be nice!

I asked John this morning after I got an Email this morning saying my cruise was changing. He's going to look into and let us know. As long as I'm on a cruise ship for my 66th birthday and hopefully will be on the Lido Deck I'll be happy.

I just checked my booking to see if I got my new cabin assignment on The Magic. I am one deck lower than I was on the Triumph, no big deal and one cabin over (I had 9262 on the Triumph and now have 9260 on the Magic.)

BUT here is the kicker which makes me glad that I checked my booking because it said I had a deposit of $558 due today July 16th. I had already paid $228. When I called they said because "I" changed over the promotional rate I booked under also changed. I very politely in a quiet, calm voice told them that "I" didn't changed but Carnival changed it for me.

No big deal. I paid the additional $300 balance due on the deposit to the very nice lady and figured it was $300 less I would have to worry about when the time comes for me to pay it in full.

And, yes she was very nice and very helpful. So to make along story short -- check you booking to see if anything else is due.

They have changed our Feb 23rd booking to Magic, no new booking number and the cabin

assigned is in the same position as we had on Triumph, but I'm not totally happy so don't

know if I will stay with it. Would sure like to know where Triumph is going that week.

They have changed our Feb 23rd booking to Magic, no new booking number and the cabin

assigned is in the same position as we had on Triumph, but I'm not totally happy so don't

know if I will stay with it. Would sure like to know where Triumph is going that week.

Us too!! Hey the Magic is a great ship with so much to do. We are thinking of booking for Feb!!!

Curious as to what they will do with tips. Especially those who have pre-paid already. We did not pre pay. I would assume Cheers is what it is, 6 days or bust. (If you buy it day 1 of course.) Can Cheers be pre purchased?

No, you can't pre purchase Cheers.

Maybe the ship has been chartered?

Sent from my.Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app

why would you be unhappy with getting the Magic for the Triumph?