Magic taking over (at least some) 5 day cruises for Triumph in 2015?!

gtonda

Woke up to use the rest room a few minutes ago (TMI, I know) and decided to check my email. Noticed an email from Carnival with only an attachment labeled "important information". Anytime I have ever gotten one of these it's always been less than stellar news. This time it's great news, for me at least. Apparently Magic is taking over 5 day cruises for the Triumph in 2015 so Triumph can take on new itineraries. I hope it's staying in Galveston. Anyway, we are now on the Magic, which rocks! On top of that, they are turning our 5 day into a 6 day, with a stop in Costa Maya. I'll take it! I'm going to attempt to attach picture of the letter.

Screenshot_2014-07-16-03-29-45.jpg.d78e8c1de068584447e8043565d20ee3.jpg

Interesting to me because a 6 night intin. usually means an alternating 8 night. I'd be interested to know what that 8 night route would be.

Magic is on a list of possibles for me but really dislike the ports of call (Key West, Freeport, Nassau). Wondering if an 8 night could get to better ports.

Woke up to use the rest room a few minutes ago (TMI, I know) and decided to check my email. Noticed an email from Carnival with only an attachment labeled "important information". Anytime I have ever gotten one of these it's always been less than stellar news. This time it's great news, for me at least. Apparently Magic is taking over 5 day cruises for the Triumph in 2015 so Triumph can take on new itineraries. I hope it's staying in Galveston. Anyway, we are now on the Magic, which rocks! On top of that, they are turning our 5 day into a 6 day, with a stop in Costa Maya. I'll take it! I'm going to attempt to attach picture of the letter.

We're booked on Magic for 7 day cruise in Aug 2015 I certainly hope this doesn't affect us!!

Well maybe??--just went to carnival's site and it was posted on April 7th that Triumph was going to be doing 11 day cruises to SanJuan out of Galveston starting the end of Oct 2015 and into first part of Jan 2016--now I don't know if that's what they are talking about or not--says nothing about the Magic though but maybe the Magic will be taking on Triumphs normal itinerary during those cruises?? or this maybe something entirely different??

Well maybe??--just went to carnival's site and it was posted on April 7th that Triumph was going to be doing 11 day cruises to SanJuan out of Galveston starting the end of Oct 2015 and into first part of Jan 2016--now I don't know if that's what they are talking about or not--says nothing about the Magic though but maybe the Magic will be taking on Triumphs normal itinerary during those cruises?? or this maybe something entirely different??

This is what I am thinking. Triumph doing some 7 days and longer Oct 2015-Jan 16. Think I will call my PVP. 6 day in the fall of 2015 sounds great!! :D

Maybe they will run it like the Breeze out of Miami, with alternating six day/eight day, but I don't know if that extra day would allow it to get anywhere new. Grand Turk or DR maybe? Everything else is too far East. Past time Cuba becomes a US tourist destination again, my Canadian friends love it.

What dates? We are booked on the Magic 7 days in June. Are they changing?

I saw the same letter in my E-mail this morning. Our sailing is on February 23rd. We love the Magic but this would have been our first time sailing on the Triumph and for my 66th :eek: birthday too.

But I am still on a Carnival cruise for my birthday so its a win-win situation.

Edited by lady_cruiser