Caribbean Honeymoon

GabbyKeira

All got benefits

Royal have their own islands which are cool

Disney also has islands and fun ships

Princess also great

Would not personally do carnival for honeymoon though but that is personal preference

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Planning on a seven night Caribbean Cruise January 2015. So many to chose from, and curious as to what previous cruisers would recommend?

We are booked on RCCL's newest ship, the Quantum of the Seas, sailing out of Cape Liberty, NJ in January 2015. She sets sail in November, 2015 so she should still have that "new car appeal" when we board in January. I see that you are in NY so the port would be close to home albeit this is a 12 day cruise. But really it all boils down to what you desire for a honeymoon cruise. We personally rank Celebrity as #1 closely followed by RCCL (which owns Celebrity). then Holland America (usually caters to an older clientele). If you looking for more of the party scene and you are on a budget then you might want to consider Carnival. Which ever cruise line you choose, it should exceed your expectations.

Congratulations on your honeymoon and cruise. If you've never cruised before, you'll be hooked.

Thank you so much and enjoy your cruise! Do you book through an agent or directly through the cruise line?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are many agents that give perks for booking so find one of those.

Thank you so much and enjoy your cruise! Do you book through an agent or directly through the cruise line?

We always use an agent. She knows what we like and what area of the ship we want our cabin to be located. She searches the cruise lines itineraries and all we have to do is choose. Plus she routinely checks for price drops and perks that are offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you are not on a budget, then I would consider Hawaii. Spend a few days on an Island and then pick a cruise that does the islands before heading home, or do the cruise that just does the islands and then fly back home. We like the Carribean a lot, but think Hawaii is special for honeymoons.

Burt

I would also definitely do an Eastern Caribbean or Southern Caribbean instead of a Western on either RCI or Celebrity. RCI has their new ship called Quantum sailing out of Bayonne NJ in January.

A suggestion would be if you are going to fly to your destination for the cruise of your choice, it would be best to fly in a day before the ship leaves.

A good TA would give you perks. You can also read some reviews on cruise lines on cruise critic.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm?src=nav