Same dress twice?

kcteach12

I will generally take a long one and a short one to help save on room. Or if my sister or friends are going then we will borrow and switch out dresses from one night to the next.

If only it didn't take up so much luggage I'd wear two full length dresses as I love the excuse to dress up. My next cruise is on Azamara which doesn't have a formal night and I'm pretty bummed about not having a reason to get fancy for at least one evening out of the 10 nights. Then again staying in port until later in the evening may make the lack of a formal night all worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto! :D

By-the-way, I totally disagree that others don't notice what you're wearing (not that I care about that) but just saying...yes, people do notice what you're wearing but just probably don't care. Otherwise, why would there be so many complaints on this board about how people don't dress up anymore or how people are dressing so sloppily and we saw people wearing shorts, etc. etc..people notice...you either care or you don't. I dress for myself and the DH. I often get complimented on my attire and especially my jewelry (I wear lots of sterling silver pieces that I've collected over the years). So, to repeat...people do notice they just might be too polite to bring up what they think about your attire if they find it lacking in some way. Again, you either care or don't. I don't!

Double ditto. I am astounded by all of the ladies that say they don't care. Really? I want to look good for myself and gorgeous husband.

I bring two cocktail dresses. I'm more likely to mix different tops with black dress pants or a skirt for the other nights. If I did take one dress I'd change the shoes and accessories up. Maybe metallic one night and colored the second. Add a wrap or shawl one night.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_234 using Tapatalk

Ditto! :D

By-the-way, I totally disagree that others don't notice what you're wearing (not that I care about that) but just saying...yes, people do notice what you're wearing but just probably don't care. Otherwise, why would there be so many complaints on this board about how people don't dress up anymore or how people are dressing so sloppily and we saw people wearing shorts, etc. etc..people notice...you either care or you don't. I dress for myself and the DH. I often get complimented on my attire and especially my jewelry (I wear lots of sterling silver pieces that I've collected over the years). So, to repeat...people do notice they just might be too polite to bring up what they think about your attire if they find it lacking in some way. Again, you either care or don't. I don't!

I think it was more to do with people not really caring what other people think. EG, I'm not bothered whether strangers like my attire etc. And I can honestly say I don't even notice what my friends wear, let alone what other strangers wear. If I wore the same skirt every night of a two week holiday, I bet no one would notice. People are too busy in their own worlds.

I'm not saying I don't like looking my kind of nice, I just don't think other people are bothered.

I think those who get uptight about what others are wearing need more in their lives. Or maybe they've tried so hard to get the attention of others and realise no one cares.

I am too much of a fashionista to wear the same dress on both formal night. I would break out with hives for sure...lol

:D

I bring two, one floor length gown and a cocktail dress. I tend to wear the more formal gown the first formal night. I wear different dresses/dressy pants outfits the other nights. I don't get much of a chance to dress up (I'm in grad school and pretty much live in jeans and shorts) so I take advantage of the chance to "dress" for every dinner on a cruise! But, we drive to the port, so I can bring 7 bags and no one cares. I know if we had suitcase restrictions due to flying I wouldn't bring all of those clothes.

On our second cruise, one of our table mates had 2 dresses - one formal and one casual - that she wore to every dinner. Did I notice? Of course I noticed. Did I care? No, they were a lovely couple and the dresses were pretty.

:D

I bring two, one floor length gown and a cocktail dress. I tend to wear the more formal gown the first formal night. I wear different dresses/dressy pants outfits the other nights. I don't get much of a chance to dress up (I'm in grad school and pretty much live in jeans and shorts) so I take advantage of the chance to "dress" for every dinner on a cruise! But, we drive to the port, so I can bring 7 bags and no one cares. I know if we had suitcase restrictions due to flying I wouldn't bring all of those clothes.

On our second cruise, one of our table mates had 2 dresses - one formal and one casual - that she wore to every dinner. Did I notice? Of course I noticed. Did I care? No, they were a lovely couple and the dresses were pretty.

We always sit at a table to ourselves.. there for we have no one giving us the stare down when we come to dinner ;)

I usually wear 2 different dresses, though not long formal types anymore. But I am somewhat a fashionista at the young age of 63. I enjoy dressing up, accessories and all. I raised 2 daughter alone, who are both grown and gone out of house now. It's just me and the dog. I retired 4 years ago, and it really makes my heart light up to have someone compliment me on how I look. And I will do the same to other women.

Do I care what others wear? Not really. But for me I will always overpack and enjoy doing it. I don't get to dress up much anymore, except when I cruise, and I'm going to take full advantage of it.

And I do see the same people sometimes, because we end up booking the same longer cruises....LOL

I did a very long cruise on Crystal where we had 9 formal nights and 12 semi-formal nights and 22 casual nights. I have a lovely long, sleeveless black gown that I paired up with different items---once an elaborate shawl that I bought in India, another night it was a lace jacket, another night it was a beaded jacket. Different evening bags and jewelry completed each outfit. When limited to just two pieces of luggage, you had to be creative and still dress formally.

My first Celebrity cruise when I was 22, I remembered there was two younger couples, probably around my age. One of the girls had on a floor length black and white gown. She wore it both formal nights, and I still remember to this day. I thought, hmm she wore the same dress?

I used to bring different outfits for each night. I don't anymore. I find I still end up wearing my favorites more than once. Now I just bring one LBD and dress it up. Not even gonna bring heels this time. Just fancy flats. We only do one carry on between the two of us and a backpack each. So I don't like to bring what I probably won't wear. On Allure I didn't wear three of the dresses I brought.

I like separates for short or long cruises. Last cruise we had about 35 formal nights, and although I did wear a few outfits more than once, I was able to make many different outfits with separates, jewelry, jackets, and stoles/scarves.

For informal nights I used the same jewelry, jackets, and stoles/scarves to alter the look of my LBD.

I agree that people may notice but it's up to you whether that will bother you. I personally like really dressing up in a gown for formal night at least once and going business dressy the next night with slacks and a pretty blouse and heels. But that's on Carnival and Disney.

When I cruised on RCCL, I bought 2 gowns for both formal nights. For me it is important to consider the ship and line I'm on when choosing clothing just like I would in any environment I'm in. I don't wear the same clothes to church that I would to a party. It's always to each his own, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my first cruise, formal night was part of the allure. Now it's almost a negative.

I do appreciate and admire lovely outfits. Folks should wear what makes them happy, within reason. It's still a dressy evening, not one for jeans or shorts.

Even if someone notices you wearing the same outfit, do they even remember you years later?

I haven't checked how many formal nights there on the next 14 day cruise from Sydney. Likely it will be a dressier pair of pants, dressy skirt and three tops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always sit at a table to ourselves.. there for we have no one giving us the stare down when we come to dinner ;)

I'm sorry, but I never meant to imply that I gave anyone a "stare down" or was rude in any way. Sorry if you or anyone else took my comments in a negative light as they were not meant that way at all.

I'm sorry, but I never meant to imply that I gave anyone a "stare down" or was rude in any way. Sorry if you or anyone else took my comments in a negative light as they were not meant that way at all.

I didn't take it in a rude manner at all.

All I meant was if you sit with others you see what they wear because they are at the same table. We sit by ourselves so no one to look at but ourselves ;)

I wear a different dress each night. I don't wear any full length ones though, just cocktail length. I also travel only with a carry on so I make it work somehow. I also wear very few accessories, so I couldn't really go the route of changing it up that way. I just am not an accessory person.

I've always taken a different dress for each formal night, and I've always done cruises with 3 or 4 formal nights. I've been getting things sorted and figured out for my upcoming cruise with 4 formal nights, plus I've made 4 reservations in the specialty restaurant and we like dressing up a bit more for those.

I was looking at all the dresses, and suddenly had the realization that I just don't want to work that hard! It's been a rough year, and one of the real draws of this cruise is the relaxation factor (we stay on the ship 8 out of 14 days). I have three nice dresses, one of which can be elevated to a formal night. Other than that I'm taking a long black jersey skirt, long flowing black pants, black knit pants, and a variety of black and white tops. I will mix and match to my heart's content and everything goes with the same silver or white sandals.

Since we are going to Norway and it's going to be chilly for at least part of the cruise, I need space in my suitcase for a couple of sweaters, sweatshirts, raincoat and jeans.

I cannot wait to go!

I always bring a dress for each night with a couple extras just in case. However, for those looking to pare down your packing, check out White House Black Market's convertible dress it comes in black, white, and burgundy, and can be styled at least 7 different ways.