Are we gonna be Pariahs on board? (how Gay friendly is HAL)

bert425

[quote name='Lisa63']If there is a Friends of Dorothy gathering, attend to meet other pax who will be very welcoming. One of my friends once told me that straight pax are welcome to attend the FOD gathering -- and I though he was pulling my leg -- until I attended my first one and met lots of great couples. A few times, we joined each other at the Lido when there was limited seating.

I doubt you will run into any issues, however. Enjoy your cruise![/quote]

I agree that HAL will be welcoming, passengers, too. However, I have to say I was once asked to leave a FOD gathering, lol. I was spending time in my favorite lounge...needed to stay put on my knee scooter that cruise...and a gentleman politely asked me to leave, stating that this was a private gathering. This was on NCL. FOD shared the happy hour space with us on our HAL South Pacific cruise. Usually on NCL the gathering is up in the Star Bar but on this particular ship, it was at a specific time in a popular lounge. Edited by HokiePoq

As you probably know, RSVP and Atlantis have chartered many of the HAL ships over past ten years or more.

The crew has always treated the guest with nothing more than the dignity they deserve. You'll be treated just like another guest, and blend right in with everyone else.

Food for thought!
"A wise man once told me it is not important how you spend your money, but how you spend your life!
No worries enjoy your wonderful cruise! I know I am. Life is way too short!

3Star Mariner
Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam 3/15/2015 B2B Western and Eastern Caribbean Cruise

[quote name='bert425']heh. . with my Dad?

I think we already have a standing "no politics" policy.

(or my Mom will kill him for starting a fight with my Brother and I) :)

Thanks folks.. I figured as much, but as she's concerned, I thought it best to ask, so I can assure her![/QUOTE]

Right, no politics, religion, or the worst......cabin cost. Leave those out and you will be fine!
Have a great trip!

[quote name='Lisa63']If there is a Friends of Dorothy gathering, attend to meet other pax who will be very welcoming. One of my friends once told me that straight pax are welcome to attend the FOD gathering -- and I though he was pulling my leg -- until I attended my first one and met lots of great couples. A few times, we joined each other at the Lido when there was limited seating.

I doubt you will run into any issues, however. Enjoy your cruise![/quote]

I never thought of attending Friends of Dorothy, but we might do it next cruise. Two of the couples that we became close(and still) friends with on cruises have been 2 male couples and so, why not attend a FOD get together!

[quote name='capncarp']Well, bert425, I think you got your answer to "Are we gonna be Pariahs onboard?" , and it seems to be a resounding
[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact][U][I][B]"Hell, No!"[/B][/I][/U][/FONT][/SIZE]

Have a blast!:)[/quote]

yep, and very pleased to hear that response. As was my Mom -- I told her to relax this morning when we talked :)

If I remember correctly, there are daily LGBT (?) meetings. You will be fine. A good bit of those older folks who might would judge others are living together just to have a travel mate or who live together and are happy with their situations. Sail on!