Liquor you can't buy in the states 2014

misseskb

If you are a scotch drinker, Johnny Walker usually has blends that they only sell in the international market that the cruise lines can acquire. Currently they are pushing three blends called the spice road collection. We had a scotch tasting on my last Enchantment cruise and these were mighty tasty.

Guavaberry Rum!!! in St. Marteen. They deliver to your ship if you get there before noon I believe. I ordered several decorative bottles and I got a free shirt for my hubby.

I will be back in St. Marteen in February and my first stop will be there again.

We love their honey, too!

When I went to San Juan, Puerto Rico I heard that there's a Special Edition Bacardi bottle that you can only buy from the distillery there.

Does anyone know if that's true?:confused:

I never made it to the Bacardi factory and I have a friend that's going in November.:D

My Grand son asked my wife & I to bring back Absolute & when we were in St. Marteen we found it & brought a bottle back, This is what the newly wed was drinking when he went over board on the BOS.At the time you could not buy it in the USA.

When I went to San Juan, Puerto Rico I heard that there's a Special Edition Bacardi bottle that you can only buy from the distillery there.

I never made it to the Bacardi factory and I have a friend that's going in November.:D

2 yrs ago there was. We toured the distillery and my husband was going to get it, but didn't. Thought he could get it elsewhere, but couldn't. Don't know about now. It was an anniversary special at the time.

Gwen :)

The Bacardi Reserve is one of my husband's favorite....whenever we go to Puerto Rico, we stock up! They said they do not export it. (We did find it a tiny little shop in Ocho Rios one year).

GUAVABERRY RUM??? ......oh my! Do you mix it with anything?

We are especially excited to bring home Rum Cream!!!

It is a bit of an acquired taste, but I like to sip it straight. You can cut it with club soda, sweeten it with pineapple or orange juice. They make it into a lovely frozen piña colada version at all the stores.

I usually grab one at the kiosk at the pier to fortify myself for the long walk back to the ship. Keep the pink soovie cup.

When I was on a cruise I bought Amarula thinking I couldn't get it in the States, but on the train ride home afterwards, what do I see but a billboard advertising Amarula!!

Christina

I love this Amarula and you can but it states but the alcohol proof is different, most places only carry a few bottles, so it is hard to get. It is from South Africa and taste wonderful when poured over ice cream for another option although I can just drink it by itself

If you are a scotch drinker, Johnny Walker usually has blends that they only sell in the international market that the cruise lines can acquire. Currently they are pushing three blends called the spice road collection. We had a scotch tasting on my last Enchantment cruise and these were mighty tasty.

Got the Spice Road on board last year. Bottle is about half gone. No spice tasting that I can find. Tastes like JW Black. Period.

Hacienda Chocolate Tequila and Liqor de Xoconostle.

The Xoconostle is similar to a sherry.

Both are very good over ice cream.

Get them both at a small liquor store in Ensenada.

"Hennessy Pure White" not available in the states to our knowledge. We don't share that with many, keep it in the special vault only cause we can't get more until the next cruise! Lol

I agree, purchase it for home and friends also.

Gosling Rum. Not sure if it is available in the states. Bought the first bottle in Bermuda about 15 years ago. Purchased new bottle onboard Grandeur.

I've easily found Goslings all over CA and NV.

I love Guavaberry, I think it's only sold on St Maartin.

Well, San Juan is officially in the U.S. but you can't get this on the mainland: Don Q Passion Fruit Rum. You can get the Don Q Mojito rum stateside (which I love) and the plain white rum but not the passion fruit flavor. And the Don Q shop is right across from the cruise ship piers in Old San Juan.

Trish

It is excellent! I bought a bottle on my BA flight from LHR to LA last year, as it was cheaper on board than in the LHR DF shops.

I bought 2 bottles in the LAX DF store where they were discounting15% it if you bought 2 bottles earlier this year.

The only problem I had was when I went to board the Golden Princess in Buenos Aires. I printed out the passage contract where it said I would turn them in and get them back at the end of the cruise.

I finally had to go to the reception desk to lodge a complaint with the bar manager to make sure I got them back! After all that, the cruise was a B2B, and I got them back half way through the cruis! LOL

Edited by Talisker92