Liquor you can't buy in the states 2014

misseskb

Sheridan is available in the states, try Bevmo and it may be in costco too.

We like to buy premium versions of known stuff like Extra old Mount Gay etc. Those are the drink in private bottles.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

John Watlings Rum from Nassau, Bahamas. Bottled by hand in a tiny distilery you can visit when docked in Nassau. They won some awards recently. No idea how they are going to turn their small hand made batches into a major operation should they be courted by a major distributor.

Their Buena Vista aged sipping rum was loved by some whiskey/scotch/ bourbon lovers I brought it back for. I enjoyed the other types (light and dark) in mixed drinks.

If you're ever in Jamaica, you've got to try to get the Sangster's Rum Cream. It's my GO TO whenever I'm there. Just got back form an AI vacation and brought 4 bottles back!

I can't remember if it's in the Falmouth port store, but I've got to think it is.

YUM.

Ditto - I think there's another brand as well - can't remember what it is. Not sure if any of it is available outside Jamaica. Cruzan (St. Croix) used to make it but stopped a year or so ago. Haven't found any in the U.S. in years.

j

I saw Biscotti flavored Baileys Irish Cream on one cruise but I didn't buy it thinking I could get it back home. WRONG! So I had to book another cruise Feb. 2015 in order to get a bottle.:)

We have a cruise booked for Aug of this year just so we can go to Belize and buy their Gallon Jug Coffee.

Guavaberry Rum!!! in St. Marteen. They deliver to your ship if you get there before noon I believe. I ordered several decorative bottles and I got a free shirt for my hubby.

I will be back in St. Marteen in February and my first stop will be there again.

If you're ever in Jamaica, you've got to try to get the Sangster's Rum Cream. It's my GO TO whenever I'm there. Just got back form an AI vacation and brought 4 bottles back!

I can't remember if it's in the Falmouth port store, but I've got to think it is.

YUM.

You beat me to it. Great stuff :D

Only in the Caymen Islands.

You can buy the regular rum & their rumcakes anywhere......and maybe vanilla.

We went to the rum factory there once & sampled different flavors...mango/pineapple/coconut,etc.

This sound a bit gross but really is not....flavored rums in milk. They were giving out samples. I was hooked & normally would not drink rum.

I am an insomniac and in the middle of the night, sometimes I heat half a cup of milk & put in flavored rum....yum.

When my Totuga stash ran out , I tried other brands. Most will make the milk curdle when heated. I tried to find it everywhere and eventually emailed the factory in the Caymen Islands. They said their licensing does not allow them to sell most of the flavors anywhere else.

Since theirs is the best.....I stock up anytime we are there.

Guavaberry Rum!!! in St. Marteen. They deliver to your ship if you get there before noon I believe. I ordered several decorative bottles and I got a free shirt for my hubby.

I will be back in St. Marteen in February and my first stop will be there again.

See post#25. Maybe you could bring back a bottle for evilgrin72. You are almost neighbors

Virgin Islands Brand Rum from St. Thomas - it's only available at Black Beard's castle but is the best! Very smooth and good not only as a sipping rum but in mixed drinks as well. I brought some back for coworkers and we had it for an office party - the whole bottle (there were 7 of us) was gone in about 45 minutes. My boss is asking me to get more when I go back!

I do like the tortuga rum as well as my second choice.

We went to the rum factory there once & sampled different flavors...mango/pineapple/coconut,etc.

This sound a bit gross but really is not....flavored rums in milk. They were giving out samples. I was hooked & normally would not drink rum.

I am an insomniac and in the middle of the night, sometimes I heat half a cup of milk & put in flavored rum....yum.

When my Totuga stash ran out , I tried other brands. Most will make the milk curdle when heated. I tried to find it everywhere and eventually emailed the factory in the Caymen Islands. They said their licensing does not allow them to sell most of the flavors anywhere else.

The Tortuga store in Nassau sells the various flavored rums...Yummy!

I fell for the 'It's not available in America' line in Jamaica.

Wray and Nephew white rum. Strongest in the world :) 63% ABV.

Only $25 a bottle, I fell for it.

Great rum, but only $35 for a 1.5Lt bottle in my local ABC liquor mart :(

Thanks for the advise of Milk and Rum for insomnia. I may have to try your remedy.

Reversing the theme of the conversation slightly to talk about something available for drinking on ship that is hard to get on land. When I am on board I love drinking the Robert Mondavi wines but they are really, really hard to buy in Australia. If only they sold a selection of wines in the onboard shop.

YUM.

Oh I'm with you there! We purchased 3 bottles last February and I use it in my morning coffee. There's also the brand "Crisma" sold in the US, not sure how it compares.

We got ours in Ocho Rios, a 7 hour bus tour from Falmouth. Jamaica is not my favorite island honestly, but I'm glad I went. We ever swing by again, I know what I'm getting in port! :)