Excursion is listed under NCL Excursions Page but not listed after I log into MY NCL?

abisha

I just booked Getaway for the eastern itinerary which includes St. Thomas. I had my heart set on doing the St. John Beach Escape and Snorkel Excursion. This excursion comes up as a search when you search from NCL home page then under excursions, etc. But when I logged into my NCL and brought up my itinerary, there wasn't one single excursion going to St. Johns even listed as an option to choose from!:confused::(. I find that hard to believe.

I'm not sure if that's a glitch or if for some reason NCL just doesn't offer any excursions to St. Johns for for the port of St. Thomas for the Getaway.

If not, I guess I'll have to research independent companies, but I preferred to go through the ship in this case since it involves a tour to another island (I just feel more comfortable doing it that way).

Does anyone know what's up with that?

Edited by abisha

We have the same issue for puerto vallarta. When is your cruise? Since ours is 6 months out I called ncl and they said it was because of that reason. At the end of this month oir puerto Vallarta ports should be released. I'm pretty sure yours is the same issue. But when in doubt call them

The excursions listed on the website are all of those that MIGHT be offered for a particular port.

The excursions listed in MyNCL are those that will be offered on the specific day of your visit.

That is why it is always better to view excursions when logged into your reservation.

I really do think its because your cruise isn't until may 2015. Don't fret AND I would definitely book with NCL. To each is their own but if you like the excursion and you are guaranteed to get back to the ship then that's always comforting in my eyes. It seems as though more and more people are missing the boat.

Please do call them just to ease your mind but I am 95% sure that this is the reason. They said they do that way a few of their ports

I really do think its because your cruise isn't until may 2015. Don't fret AND I would definitely book with NCL. To each is their own but if you like the excursion and you are guaranteed to get back to the ship then that's always comforting in my eyes. It seems as though more and more people are missing the boat.

Please do call them just to ease your mind but I am 95% sure that this is the reason. They said they do that way a few of their ports

I'll give them a call and report back what they say. While I often book with independent tour operators on my cruises (for reasons others have posted - better tour, better rates, etc.), I do feel in this particular case much more comfortable booking through ship since this is a tour involves leaving the island that the port is located on and travelling to another island (leaves me with that "what if the boat on the way to or from St. Johns breaks down or some other delay happens on St. Johns occurs that would make it impossible to get back to ship", etc.)

Will call NCL tonight and let you know.

I am sailing same itinerary in Sept. and that excursion is listed.

That's reassuring. As someone else said, it could be because my departure date isn't until 9 months away and not all excursions might be posted.

This is happening to us as well. Called NCL and was told by one rep too soon to book, another siad it was because I booked 2 - 7day B2B crusies, it does not show on my booking. I would have to look under all excursions available for my cruise and then call and they will book for me over the phone.

Low and behold after emailing the company complaining about this, some of the excursions showed up. Waiting for more to come.....

We are considering booking indepent/local companies that have excellent reviews from prior cruisers.

CT

Agree with what a lot of others have said about this being pretty far out. Also, I've found several times that excursions will be offered onboard that were not online. On an Epic cruise several years ago, the Climb the Leaning Tower tour from Livorno was not offered online, but was onboard. This April on the Jade, that one was offered online, but the excursion to Capri from Naples was not. Since that was what I really wanted to do, I changed once onboard.

Point being, hang in there and wait a while. You might chart out a Plan B in case it is not offered at all such as a cab from the port. Check the port of call board for best advice on that as I have not been to that particular port.

Edited by HokiePoq