Fans in Cabins

BamaLady#13

Can in bring a fan on board in checked luggage?

From Carnival's F.A.Q. section:

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devises are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

So, yes, you could bring a fan with you. Just make sure it's in good condition, and doesn't pose any sort of safety hazard.

Edited by beachbum53

Here is what the carnival.com web site says about fans:

"Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devises are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark. "

I pack it in my checked luggage in the box it came in. Never had a problem.

We bought one at Kmart in St. Thomas on our May cruise because our balcony cabin on the Valor was unbearably hot! They confiscated it and returned it the last day. I argued that it was brand new and not a fire hazard but they still said it was not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by imluvncruzn

No household items allowed.

I got a portable sound machine now

Took our 8" fan twice on cruises in June. I put mine in the backpack before clearing security at the port and have zero problems.

Not sure you really want to blanket statement and say household items. Sure, irons and steamers are a no-no, but Carnival will bring you a fan if you ask early enough.

Edited by BallFour4

No household items allowed.

I got a portable sound machine now

From Carnival's F.A.Q. section:

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devises are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

So, yes, you could bring a fan with you. Just make sure it's in good condition, and doesn't pose any sort of safety hazard.

:rolleyes:

My DW can not sleep without a fan, but I bought her a sound machine for her birthday and used it for both of our cruises and had no issues...

Actually I insist that all my "Fans" get their own cabin.

Seriously you can ask your steward for one but ask early as they are limited qty's. We needed one once as the AC was not working properly.

HA! This is so funny to me!! I am so glad someone posed this question! I seriously didn't think ANY ONE else, would ever be interested in bringing a fan on board. I thought we were the only ones!! So, we have been on about 10 cruises, mostly Carnival, but some others also. Believe it or not, on every cruise, we have purchased a new fan, and brought it aboard in the box, as a carry on item. Not just a fan either, the stand kind, where you have to put it together...That's how serious we are about sleeping with a fan, plus the added cool comfort they provide. We have never had any issues with anyone about bringing it or having it. At the end of the cruise, we just leave it in the room, and tell the steward he can have it...

I'm sure they may go into the pool of fans used for guests that request them, or something, so if you ask for one and they bring it to you, you can Thank me and my husband...:D...Stay Cool and Sleep Well!!!:)

We always bring a fan that is battery and A/C operated. I can't sleep without a fan either! I always put in my carry on luggage just in case. One time in Pt Canaveral they tried to take it but I talked them out of it :).

The real answer is that you can bring a fan. However, it may be confiscated on boarding or you may get called to the "naughty" room depending what ship security wants to do. Doesn't matter if it's new, battery powered or anything else. Sometimes that take them and sometimes they don't. No logic to it. Doesn't matter what the web site says either. I showed them the printed policy and they took the brand new fan anyway. Happened twice. On 5 other Carnival cruises there was no problem. It's a crap shoot. Maybe you can and maybe you can't.

We bought one at Kmart in St. Thomas on our May cruise because our balcony cabin on the Valor was unbearably hot! They confiscated it and returned it the last day. I argued that it was brand new and not a fire hazard but they still said it was not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We must have had the same balcony cabin on Valor lol. Ours was unbearably warm too. The maintenance guys came several times to fix it which did nothing and finally just told us the temperature in the room was fine. Guess we all have varying definitions of "fine." Bummer they took the fan from you!

We take one of those little electrical fans, but it has to be in your carry-on, they will confiscate it if it's in your checked luggage...found that out the hard way!

Because I have asthma and need the room cooler than what it gets to sleep, I have to have a fan, the cabins are just never cold enough. Recently I began requesting from Specials Needs and have always gotten one.

We noticed about 5 years ago that the air conditioners on all ships did not get as cold as they used to. We, too, had the A/C guy check it out and was told it was working fine...we figured it was a cut back measure to save some money. They set them at a certain temp and that's it.

Edited by Terre

We must have had the same balcony cabin on Valor lol. Ours was unbearably warm too. The maintenance guys came several times to fix it which did nothing and finally just told us the temperature in the room was fine. Guess we all have varying definitions of "fine." Bummer they took the fan from you!

Our room was 1058 and it was so hot that I woke up on night one with my hair wet from sweat. Had to sleep on that vinyl orange sofa because it was the only place that felt cool! After they confiscated the fan we bought, they sent a tech to the room with a thermometer. It was 78* in the room. The tech said anything 73* and under is acceptable under their guidelines. Since ours was above that they gave us a huge box fan. A few days later our friends who were in 1060 also got a fan because they could no longer stand how warm their room was. Maybe there is something wrong with the A/C in that stretch of rooms??