Diamond Members Cocktail Hour

We haven't cruise in a while so we are wondering if they still have free cocktail for Diamond Members at five.

Yes, however there are still a small number of ships that may only serve free soda and wine. I believe Majesty is one. All ships will have 3 free drink vouchers per evening at any bar (in addition to unlimited drinks on the lounge), but I don't believe that is fleet wide yet.

What ship are you considering?

Edited by clarea

basically yes - if this ship has a diamond lounge. It may not be exactly at 5, but you will receive a letter in the cabin noting the hours for cocktails, continental breakfast etc.

RCCL is rolling out a program where you can get 3 drinks at various bars and venues during those same hours There are numerous threads.

enjoy

M

edit to add - how early do I have to wake up to beat Bob's post? And, I think I am in a different time zone!

Edited by cruisegirl1

Yes, however there are still a small number of ships that may only serve free soda and wine. I believe Majesty is one. All ships will have 3 free drink vouchers per evening at any bar (in addition to unlimited drinks on the lounge), but I don't believe that is fleet wide yet.

Majesty has been allowing you to order cocktails for a while.

We had a lovely time in Enchanted Evening Lounge each night of the Vision - Bermuda cruise.

Cocktails began about 5 went to about 8pm. There were all sorts of snacks on tables. Drinks were full size, not the mini drinks served to Elites on Celebrity.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

It was still the Nightly Diamond Event only they had hot hors d'oeuvres and allowed to order from the bar no charge.

Thanks. I was curious if any ship is still limiting Diamond members to complimentary house wine and soda for the evening cocktail hour. With the vouchers coming into play, it could be that the wine/soda events are gone.

Thanks, didn't know that. I wonder if the Nightly Diamond Event is gone from all ships?

most ships now have a dedicated diamond lounge now. in times of overflow( large numbers of D and D+ on board, they use the voucher system that lets you order 3 during cocktail hour at any bar.

most ships now have a dedicated diamond lounge now. in times of overflow( large numbers of D and D+ on board, they use the voucher system that lets you order 3 during cocktail hour at any bar.

Actually, as of 9/14/14 the vouchers are no longer just for overflow purposes. All ships in the fleet will have 3 vouchers on all Diamond and above seapass cards nightly, to be used just about anywhere on the ship during happy hour. Bob is most likely correct that the wine/beer Diamond Event is passe now, at least it will be by mid-September.

Of course, if there is a Diamond Lounge on the ship, the 3 drink vouchers per night are in addition to what is available in the DL.

It's a great win-win change to the C&A perks!

Edited by pcur

Thanks, didn't know that. I wonder if the Nightly Diamond Event is gone from all ships?

At the D Event on Ex last week, there was trail mix only.

We used our vouchers to get 2 mixed drinks. Since they took our cards, I assume that the options would only be soda or wine without the cards.

At the D Event on Ex last week, there was trail mix only.

We used our vouchers to get 2 mixed drinks. Since they took our cards, I assume that the options would only be soda or wine without the cards.

So if you didn't use your vouchers, your complimentary choices were limited to wine, champagne, and soda?

I agree that it is great if we continue to have the option of lounge access.

My "friend" on the Radiance has no information on any changes to lounge access. I know a few posters have mentioned this from conversations they have had on a few ships, but for now I'm a happy cruiser. I'm leaving this Saturday with my Platinum bff, and we can enjoy our happy hours together!!

So if you didn't use your vouchers, your complimentary choices were limited to wine, champagne, and soda?

I didn't ask, but when we ordered our drinks (both mixed drinks), he asked for our cards, so I assume so. We were never asked for our cards in the CL.

Edited by marci22

I didn't ask, but when we ordered our drinks (both mixed drinks), he asked for our cards, so I assume so. We were never asked for our cards in the CL.

Thanks. It will nice when all the ships have a DL so that the events are the same ship to ship. It's getting had to keep all the variations straight.

My "friend" on the Radiance has no information on any changes to lounge access. I know a few posters have mentioned this from conversations they have had on a few ships, but for now I'm a happy cruiser. I'm leaving this Saturday with my Platinum bff, and we can enjoy our happy hours together!!

When I went on our cruise last week I had no reason to think otherwise, but when I mentioned that there weren't many people in the lounge, the server said 'that's because it is suite only, no D+ or P'. I said, 'but we are D+'. And he looked very puzzled and said, 'your card worked in the door?' Makes you wonder.

When I went on our cruise last week I had no reason to think otherwise, but when I mentioned that there weren't many people in the lounge, the server said 'that's because it is suite only, no D+ or P'. I said, 'but we are D+'. And he looked very puzzled and said, 'your card worked in the door?' Makes you wonder.
Yet the email says.

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Just off the Navigator this past Sunday. DL still had the evening reception and we had 3 free drinks on our cards to be used at any lounge except the main dining room. I was not asked for my card when I ordered in the DL.

Eric

Guest maddycat

Yet the email says.

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

On our last two Explorer cruises in Nov. and April, the 19th Hole on deck 14 was reserved for gold card passengers.

Jewel of the Seas.