Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic July 28, 2014

mediamogul

Is there anyone driving to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal 12 in Red Hook on Monday, July 28 for the Cunard, Queen Mary 2 transatlantic crossing to Southampton? My wife and I are VIP media covering the event. We live in Manhattan and can take a subway any where and meet you at the stop. That would be much easier for us than all the walking to the B61 bus and to the terminal (3 to 4 miles total). We travel very lightly (1 carry-on and a small personal item each -- no big suitcases). We are extremely interesting and have interviewed and photographed EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc. It could be the most memorable part of your trip -- at least we have been told that before. Celebrity wanted to hire us for this.

Is there anyone driving to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal 12 in Red Hook on Monday, July 28 for the Cunard, Queen Mary 2 transatlantic crossing to Southampton? My wife and I are VIP media covering the event. We live in Manhattan and can take a subway any where and meet you at the stop. That would be much easier for us than all the walking to the B61 bus and to the terminal (3 to 4 miles total). We travel very lightly (1 carry-on and a small personal item each -- no big suitcases). We are extremely interesting and have interviewed and photographed EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc. It could be the most memorable part of your trip -- at least we have been told that before. Celebrity wanted to hire us for this.

Welcome to CruiseCritic. The only place where we can arrange meet-ups with other members on the same voyage is in the Roll Call. You will find your group at this link: QM2 July 28th EB TA

I'm overwhelmed why no celebrity, politician, etc. can't give you a lift since you're so interesting.

May I suggest using a car service! There are many reliable ones in Manhattan and door to door service would be well worth the reasonable price! I highly recommend Elite NY as they provide a stand of service befitting VIP Media.

The roll call is very active and they're a great group of very interesting people. Give them a visit and tell them why somebody should go out of their way to give you free ride.

Edited by BlueRiband

Welcome to CruiseCritic. The only place where we can arrange meet-ups with other members on the same voyage is in the Roll Call. You will find your group at this link: QM2 July 28th EB TA

May I suggest using a car service! There are many reliable ones in Manhattan and door to door service would be well worth the reasonable price! I highly recommend Elite NY as they provide a stand of service befitting VIP Media.

The roll call is very active and they're a great group of very interesting people. Give them a visit and tell them why somebody should go out of their way to give you free ride.

It's funny that you recommend Elite. They owe me a ride from not showing up once. Their computers were not linked from borough to borough and no one spoke English. They are the last service that I would use. Do you drive for them?

No need to take my word. Since you're interviewed "..EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc..." I'm sure they can give better recommendations - at least from those who don't have personal drivers on their own payroll. Perhaps one whose principal is out of town can be prevailed upon to give you a lift? You're so exciting that they will surely remember the interview.

I don't drive for Elite. But perhaps you should call them anyway and put your promotional skills to work by asking for that free ride you say is owed to you.

No need to take my word. Since you're interviewed "..EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc..." I'm sure they can give better recommendations - at least from those who don't have personal drivers on their own payroll. Perhaps one whose principal is out of town can be prevailed upon to give you a lift? You're so exciting that they will surely remember the interview.

I don't drive for Elite. But perhaps you should call them anyway and put your promotional skills to work by asking for that free ride you say is owed to you.

Sorry to upset you, Pedro.

Hi mediamogul. Thanks for your post..it certainly let itself to humorous replies. I can't imagine why VIP media such as you and your wife wouldn't just hail a cab to Redhood since you live in NYC. How you can fit both your clothes for a transatlantic crossing on QM2 in "one carry on and one small personal item each" is amazing. Please could you elaborate on your packing secrets?

I noted that you wrote " We are extremely interesting and have interviewed and photographed EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc. "

Is your fare being paid by some media outlet? Are you 'guest' of Cunard? Perhaps your sponsor might make special arrangements for you, seeing how you are both VIP.

I'm guessing your post is just what the Cousins call a 'wind up':confused:

-Salacia

They will be asking for a cheque shortly with the offer to pay back double in cash onboard. Perhaps they are going to "Borrow" some one else's packing cases..............:rolleyes:

Edited by Pennbank

Congratulations on a brilliant first post. A wind up for sure, but one of the best I've seen on here in ages.

Presumably there is some obstruction preventing your helicopter from touching down on the ship?

:D:D:D

J

... We are extremely interesting and have interviewed and photographed EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc. ...
Any one on this board ever met, or heard of, these moguls? I didn't think so. 'Nuff said.

Hwllo

Yes I have met Mediamogul. I drove them cross country in my own car from NY to San Diego. They did pay for the air in the tires to help out. Nice people except when they yelled at me for the radio stations I played.

Deck Chair

Do you think maybe it's Rupert Murdoch? :cool:

J

I was just thinking that Robert Maxwell had surfaced at last... ;)

I'm thinking Judge Crater. Definitely interesting and certainly old enough (125) to have known "EVERY celebrity, politician, musician, athlete, etc."

Maybe mediamogul is a sociology, communications, or journalism student or researcher who's conducting an experiment to see how people respond. :D

I know there's a huge amount of research being conducted, both by business and academics, about online message boards and forums.

Hello

Yes I have met Mediamogul. I drove them cross country in my own car from NY to San Diego. They did pay for the air in the tires to help out. Nice people except when they yelled at me for the radio stations I played.

Deck Chair

I'm afraid they wouldn't be my kind of people. Since they're traveling "..very lightly (1 carry-on and a small personal item each -- no big suitcases.." it's my guess that they don't do formal. And heaven knows how I would rant about that. (They should have taken up that offer from Celebrity.)

Edited by BlueRiband

WOW! Have you met Elvis? Do you know where he is living now?

Hello

I did, though, think it was strange that every time we stopped for our overnights in various motels, Mr. Mogul insisted we all sleep in the same bed. Didn't he realize his wife was attracted to me?

Deck chair

Edited by deck chair