Good restaurants near Embassy suites?

BigRed93

There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance, depending on what type of food you like. Metropol restaurant and La Playita was good. There is also a Pueblos supermarket within walking distance.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! Sounds like we will be fine

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes you will, it's a good location. There is also two Walgreens one is 24 hrs. Where you can pick up water and wine.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Forums mobile app

Hi

We are also booked pre cruise at embassy suites. For those that have stayed there did you experience long lines for breakfast and evening cocktails. It's just since booking have seen reviews if people complaining about this.

Thanks.

My experience with embassy suites is that there can be long lines at peak times. Go down early for breakfast and it is fine. Go down 30 mins before it ends and you will stand in line. Especially for those made to order omelets. I would assume the hotel to be close to capacity just like any other resort area or Miami etc.

It's free, I can find patience. Plus I'm on vacation, so it's all good.

And I realize you were asking about this particular location which I haven't been to yet, but I have been in many busy embassy suites and they all seem to be the same

Could I ask did you folks make your reservations through Embassy Suites or by chance did you use Priceline? I would like to know as we will be going to San Juan in November for three days and trying to save some money,

thanks

Spoofa

I just booked directly with the hotel so I didn't have to pay upfront. We booked 9 mos out, and weren't sure if that's where we were going to stay but wanted to make sure we had a room. Now that we are certain it looks like the choice I have been looking around to see if there is a better deal, but so far ours is still better or the same, and we can pay when we get there.

Yes you will, it's a good location. There is also two Walgreens one is 24 hrs. Where you can pick up water and wine.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Forums mobile app

Is this the Embassy Suites at 8000 Tartrah St. (not sure I got the spelling of this street right) on Isla Verda?

I noticed there is also an Embassy Suites at 201 Dorado Del Mar Blvd but it looks as if it is quite a ways from the airport.

Thanks.

Is this the Embassy Suites at 8000 Tartrah St. (not sure I got the spelling of this street right) on Isla Verda?

I noticed there is also an Embassy Suites at 201 Dorado Del Mar Blvd but it looks as if it is quite a ways from the airport.

Thanks.

The one in Dorado is a LONG way from the airport and cruiseport and San Juan. We looked into it once - 60.00 taxi ride one way.

The one in Dorado is a LONG way from the airport and cruiseport and San Juan. We looked into it once - 60.00 taxi ride one way.

Thanks. I looked at Google Maps and found the one near the airport is in Isle Verde with the grocery store and Walgreens nearby so that is where I booked.

Thanks. I looked at Google Maps and found the one near the airport is in Isle Verde with the grocery store and Walgreens nearby so that is where I booked.

Yep. The ES in Dorado is supposed to be nice, but it's way out and more of a destination propery. Not one to use as a pre or post cruise stop:)

We are booked pre cruise in November at the Embassy Suites, there is a Outback Steakhouse downstairs. On previous trips we have eaten at the Chili's Restaurant and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse when we stayed at the InterContinental, all within 2 blocks.

We have stayed at this Embassy suites and loved it!! Easy walk to grocery store and Wallgreens , Steak house downstairs was fine, good food & service.

We did not see long lines for breakfast ,we went early.

At night lines are a bit longer for a drink ...but hey it was included in the price :)

Pool area very nice!

BTW: We are thinking of staying here again for a short getaway in November.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

We have stayed at this Embassy suites and loved it!! Easy walk to grocery store and Wallgreens , Steak house downstairs was fine, good food & service.

We did not see long lines for breakfast ,we went early.

At night lines are a bit longer for a drink ...but hey it was included in the price :)

Pool area very nice!

BTW: We are thinking of staying here again for a short getaway in November.

Reader

Does anyone know if they serve any food at the cocktail hour in the evening? I have stayed at other embassy suites where they had enough hors d'voures at the cocktail hour where we didn't even need to go out for dinner afterwards! haha

Does anyone know if they serve any food at the cocktail hour in the evening? I have stayed at other embassy suites where they had enough hors d'voures at the cocktail hour where we didn't even need to go out for dinner afterwards! haha

We only went down one night and it was after we had eaten, I don't remember food being there.

Reader

Food was very limited when we were there in March. Stale tortilla chips with salsa and ranch dip, and popcorn. Not much to make a dinner out of:D

The food in the evening is not enough to rely on, and not tasty.

But don't eat at the hotel if you are there for dinner. If you ask you can get directions (or just strike out on your own) towards the beach. There are a string of restaurants and you can walk up and down the street and take your pick. Stay away from chains.