Shareholder Credit Issue

Some people do not seem to understand how stock ownership and stock purchasing work.

Once stock is issued in an initial offering, buying shares does not profit the issuing company. Shares are traded among people and funds.

Royal Caribbean REALLY doesn't care that you own 100 shares of its stock. It means nothing to them. The offer of some amount of OBC is a small courtesy and nothing more.

I own Intel stock. Do I get or expect free or discounted computer chips?

I don't own any shares of Amazon (darn it!), but if I did, I would not expect free merchandise. Not even free shipping. ;)

I would suggest contacting the Resolutions Department. Recently, I used one of our Future Cruise Certificates that were purchased in 2007 that allowed combinability. After several e-mails to investor relations I contacted Resolutions with a 3-way call (Travel Agent). They researched my situation and confirmed I was eligible and granted the shareholders OBC. They explained that investor relation only looks at the date the cruise was purchased and does not go back into the history of the certificate. I know this is a different situation, but it can not hurt to try!

Some people do not seem to understand how stock ownership and stock purchasing work.

Once stock is issued in an initial offering, buying shares does not profit the issuing company. Shares are traded among people and funds.

Royal Caribbean REALLY doesn't care that you own 100 shares of its stock. It means nothing to them. The offer of some amount of OBC is a small courtesy and nothing more.

I own Intel stock. Do I get or expect free or discounted computer chips?

I don't own any shares of Amazon (darn it!), but if I did, I would not expect free merchandise. Not even free shipping. ;)

But a high stock price does benefit upper management, that hold a huge amount of shares and options. Edited by FLACRUISER99

. ;)

Agree, somewhat. By offering a OBC for stockholders, RCCL is enlisting us into their "loyalty program". Trying to ensure that we look at their cruise offerings first. However, continually adding more and more conditions, and turning the Shareholder Benefit Department's standard response into a "no you can't have it", is having just the opposite effect.

And by the way, my persistence paid off and Investor Relations finally awarded the OBC.

• 1 month later...
We have sailed numerous times with both RCCL and Celebrity and always received the Shareholder Benefit. Until now!!! I appears to me that RCCL may be feeling a bit of a financial pinch, and is looking at every way to reduce costs.

However, as a Shareholder who purchased these shares at $35. and kept the faith when they dropped to $5.00, I feel this benefit should be over and above anything available to the general public. If RCCL continues this nitpicking, I'll take my business elsewhere.

I totally agree!!! And they are trying to deny mine for cruises I bought during a WOW sale (the excuse I got in my email answer). Wrote them back and reminded them that as the 1st passenger I paid full fare so there is no discount to compare with. The Shareholder Benefit goes to one passenger, and is restricted to one per cabin, of course. Haven't got a reply to this question yet. Actually, they did approve the 2nd cruise, but not the first one coming up in Nov.

Agree, somewhat. By offering a OBC for stockholders, RCCL is enlisting us into their "loyalty program". Trying to ensure that we look at their cruise offerings first. However, continually adding more and more conditions, and turning the Shareholder Benefit Department's standard response into a "no you can't have it", is having just the opposite effect.

And by the way, my persistence paid off and Investor Relations finally awarded the OBC.

Fantastic!!!!!!

:)

I totally agree!!! And they are trying to deny mine for cruises I bought during a WOW sale (the excuse I got in my email answer). Wrote them back and reminded them that as the 1st passenger I paid full fare so there is no discount to compare with. The Shareholder Benefit goes to one passenger, and is restricted to one per cabin, of course. Haven't got a reply to this question yet. Actually, they did approve the 2nd cruise, but not the first one coming up in Nov.

that's the way it's always been

• 1 month later...

My final reply from investor services was a firm NO for my upcoming Nov2014 cruise; while they DID apply OBC to my 2 cruises in 2015, which also were booked as BOGOHO. I still don't get it...But my TA said it has to do with the code they used to book.

Susan