Aft View Cabins - Loved or Hated??

Just got back from the Dream with our first aft balcony 7460. No soot problems at all, a little less private than a side balcony. The view is great, but IMO not better than a side balcony.

Personally, If the price were the same, I might book aft again, but the prices are more(sometimes $150-$200PP more). I think I would rather get a side balcony and spend that $300-$400 on something else. Glad I tried it though.

My DH and I leave on Sunday...I am so excited!! We booked an Aft balcony cabin for the 1st time. We usually don't get a balcony so we have nothing to compare it to. I am excited to try it as I have heard mixed reviews...either love or hate. Thanks for sharing all the info.

I prefer aft wraps, but will take a regular aft facing balcony. Don't want any other location on the ship. Not having either an aft wrap or aft balcony is a deal breaker for me. Have an aft wrap in ten days on the Valor.

We were not happy with our AFT Balcony on the Splendor :( Although IMO the view from the AFT balcony is not comparable to any other cabin, the cabin itself was very narrow (location was dead center of ship ~ I forget the number... but the 2 doors dead center were visibly narrower).

There was A LOT of soot and trash that collected on our balcony daily and there was no privacy whatsoever.... I enjoy sitting out on our balcony taking in the serenity of the ocean and listening to the sounds of the ocean, but we always felt obligated to engage in conversation with our neighbors beside and above us!

We have been on both the Dream and the Sunshine with Aft Wrap balconies. Our friends had the extended aft balconies that were right next to us. We were able to open the dividers. On the Dream, we were on Deck 7. It didn't have much of an overhang, so it was hot in the afternoon. However, we loved the mornings and evenings. It is so relaxing sitting on the balcony looking at the wake.

On the Sunshine. we were on Deck 6. It had a large overhang. We were able to go out there at all times of the day.

It doesn't bother me to walk a little bit longer distance. I need the exercise after enjoying so much food. It is quiet back there. We had several chairs. A lot of our friends joined us on the deck. (You can check out photos of our deck by clicking on the review attached to my signature. The photos are on the first couple of pages.)

I hope to always get an aft-extended balcony or even better, the wrap.

Had an aft wrap on the Triumph once (don't remember the cabin #). Hated it. No breeze. No privacy and the trash from above was terrible. We had cig butts, beer bottles and even a glob of chewing tobacco on the chair one morning. While leaving a port we were standing at the aft rail and my wife was drenched with a drink from above. Luckily it was in a plastic cup. Probably an accident but she had to shower and change regardless.

Some ships have different aft configurations and may not have that problem but we'll never have another aft balcony.

Edited by travler27

Love, love, love!!! I've had several aft extended balconies, and last year had an aft wrap on the Splendor. Best cabin ever!!!

Splendor aft wraps are awesome! Especially the deck 6 ones! HUGE balcony and I loved the room configuration of 6485! I would get that cabin or the one on the port side without hesitation!

Tried it once, but was not impressed. The balcony has a lot of wasted space due to the slant on the rail. To call it an extended aft balcony is nothing more than a way to charge more for unused space. We have tried all kinds of balcony cabins and much prefer regular balcony cabins on the port side aft(not aft facing), with at least one deck between us and the Lido Deck or the Promenade Deck. Always start our day with coffe delivered to the room at 6:30am and consumed out on the balcony.