Celebrity Refection bloody Ceasar cocktails?

Baby basil

Another Canadian here...

And we LOVE Caesars... So much so that we often travel with a bottle or 2 of Clamato & a jar of Rimmer

Did so for our first Celebrity Cruise back in 2012... But we were pleasantly surprised to find the Solstice had Clamato Juice aboard (Oceanview Bar & Buffet Bar)... But happy we had the Rimmer

Also found Caesars on our Summit Cruise in 2013

We travel a lot, and find more & more places in the USA where Canadians frequent (Maine, New England, Myrtle Beach, Parts of Florida, The Keys, etc) offer up the fixings for a Caesar (that and Motts Clamato / Motts the company has expanded their presence in the US overall)

Caesars are also big in Mexico... Where clam juice has always been readily available. Lol, just the big old USA in between who somehow has missed out

Love it when we introduce Americans to Caesars... They never fail to be surprised. You say Tomato-Clam Juice and folks fret it is going to be fishy (which it isn't). Those who do try it say they like the tartness vs the heaviness of a Bloody Mary... This s why we love em. There in no better per-dinner cocktail to set your tummy / taste buds up for dinner IMO

Know quite a few American Friends who are now converted

Caesars are fun... So many ways to make the (lots of great variations recipes to be found on Motts Website). Garnishes are a world onto their selves... Lemons, Limes, Celery, Olives, Dill Pickles, Pickled Veggies, Horseradish, Bacon, Cold Cuts... Many skewered up together... Although we love going to a Seafood Restaurant and finding a HUGE Prawn hanging on the rim of the glass. yum-yum

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

My favourite cocktail is a Bloody Ceasar, a mainly Canadian thing. Can anyone tell me if they are available on the Celebrity Reflection eastern med. cruises?

Thank you.

We were on the Eclipse(Baltic) this past July and we had to give them the recipe. They created nothing like a Bloody Caesar.More like a very bland Bloody Mary.

Oh well

Carole

Glass is rimmed with salt & celery salt, ingrediants are Clamato juice, 1 Oz vodka, 10 drops Worchestershire, 2 drops Tobasco, celery stalk as a stir stick. Latest thing is to suspend over the glass on a toothpick a slice of salami folded around a pickle and piece of cheddar cheese. Proof that winters are long and boring in Canada and we need to find ways to amuse ourselves in the curling rink bar...

Come on... you aren't fooling me.... :rolleyes:

Just finished a couple of Caesars on the patio at home here by the lake this afternoon. :D

Me too - lake is like glass today! The only thing with caesars for me is that I drink them way too fast. I could guzzle two in no time, then I have to switch to virgin caesars (which are almost as delicious) so I can make supper without burning it!

Interesting discussion about Caesars.

It wasn't that many years ago that you'd get the strangest looks in many places in the US if you (a) asked for a Caesar or (b) mentioned "Clamato" juice. Good to see the Canadian influence in bringing this great drink to people who think the Bloody Mary is the end-all & be-all.

BTW, it is said that the Caesar is the number 1 cocktail in Canada and, as a matter of fact, is an awesome hangover cure; whatever a hangover is...:D

Edited by GITC

It's definitely not traditional/authentic etc. but I learned many years ago that the very best way to make a Caesar is with Bacardi Limon. Never mind moaning about not liking rum, please, just try it.

I was just wondering if there was a rum version. I love Clamato and tomato juice but I'm allergic to vodka. Is there a specific name for this? Or just order a bloody cesar w Bacardi limon?

Another Canadian here...

And we LOVE Caesars... So much so that we often travel with a bottle or 2 of Clamato & a jar of Rimmer

Did so for our first Celebrity Cruise back in 2012... But we were pleasantly surprised to find the Solstice had Clamato Juice aboard (Oceanview Bar & Buffet Bar)... But happy we had the Rimmer

Also found Caesars on our Summit Cruise in 2013

We travel a lot, and find more & more places in the USA where Canadians frequent (Maine, New England, Myrtle Beach, Parts of Florida, The Keys, etc) offer up the fixings for a Caesar (that and Motts Clamato / Motts the company has expanded their presence in the US overall)

Caesars are also big in Mexico... Where clam juice has always been readily available. Lol, just the big old USA in between who somehow has missed out

Love it when we introduce Americans to Caesars... They never fail to be surprised. You say Tomato-Clam Juice and folks fret it is going to be fishy (which it isn't). Those who do try it say they like the tartness vs the heaviness of a Bloody Mary... This s why we love em. There in no better per-dinner cocktail to set your tummy / taste buds up for dinner IMO

Know quite a few American Friends who are now converted

Caesars are fun... So many ways to make the (lots of great variations recipes to be found on Motts Website). Garnishes are a world onto their selves... Lemons, Limes, Celery, Olives, Dill Pickles, Pickled Veggies, Horseradish, Bacon, Cold Cuts... Many skewered up together... Although we love going to a Seafood Restaurant and finding a HUGE Prawn hanging on the rim of the glass. yum-yum

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

OMG my mouth is watering. I remember when Clamato first came out here. I wasn't even of drinking age. I chugged that stuff like crazy. So much better than V8 which I also love. I was a strange kid. Instead of chocolate and ice cream, give me pickles and olives! I'm still the same!

I was just wondering if there was a rum version. I love Clamato and tomato juice but I'm allergic to vodka. Is there a specific name for this? Or just order a bloody cesar w Bacardi limon?

No name that I'm aware of. I was introduced to it by a colleague who used to mix up a batch to bring on a round of golf. :D

(Incidentally, what on earth is in vodka that you are allergic to which is not in any other spirit??? Potatoes? Grain?)

There is indeed a version made with Rum... And many other spirits (Vodka is the most known because it was the first)

As I said above... Mott's Website has some AWESOME recipes for drinks & food using Clamato Juice

http://www.mottsclamato.ca/recipe

Cheers!

No name that I'm aware of. I was introduced to it by a colleague who used to mix up a batch to bring on a round of golf. :D

(Incidentally, what on earth is in vodka that you are allergic to which is not in any other spirit??? Potatoes? Grain?)

I seriously have no idea, bc I'm not celiac and I can eat potatoes and grain. But everytime I have vodka, any brand, even the premium ones, and even if I have a tiny bit, even a sip, I feel like crap. Skin feels weird, head hurts like crazy. It's happened so many times now that I just totally stay away from vodka.

And I know Smirnoff Ice doesn't actually have vodka in it, but if I have that or margaritas I get really bad heartburn and indigestion. I think it's the fake sour mix in them.

I seriously have no idea, bc I'm not celiac and I can eat potatoes and grain. But everytime I have vodka, any brand, even the premium ones, and even if I have a tiny bit, even a sip, I feel like crap. Skin feels weird, head hurts like crazy. It's happened so many times now that I just totally stay away from vodka.

And I know Smirnoff Ice doesn't actually have vodka in it, but if I have that or margaritas I get really bad heartburn and indigestion. I think it's the fake sour mix in them.

Strange indeed. Oh well, when in doubt, just pour a glass of tawny. :D

There is indeed a version made with Rum... And many other spirits (Vodka is the most known because it was the first)

As I said above... Mott's Website has some AWESOME recipes for drinks & food using Clamato Juice

http://www.mottsclamato.ca/recipe

Cheers!

Gotta say I went and bought some Clamato today and made myself a Bloody Caesar (with rum). Yummy! Had a little dish on the side with olives and cornichons.

Gotta say I went and bought some Clamato today and made myself a Bloody Caesar (with rum). Yummy! Had a little dish on the side with olives and cornichons.

Happy to hear that, I was glad to help.

Now here is a Question for you.

You said "with a side of olives & cornichons" (sounds yummy indeed)

But what exactly do you mean here when you say cornichons ? I know it is a breed of small cucumbers, but were they pickled hot (spicy), sour (a la dill pickles) or sweet.

Small cucumbers / cornichons in Canada are commonly called Gerkins... Rare to hearvthe word cornichon here as a type of pickle. Have never thought about this / come across this before but now wonder if Gerkin is another word from our Britsh Roots that perhaps isn't in use in the USA... Enquiring minds want to know.

Cheers!

You know I"m not sure exactly what it is I ate. What I know as "cornichons" are small pickled cucumbers, ie "French style" although that was what my ex bf taught me when I was about 19 and he was (actually is still I assume though haven't spoken to him in decades LOL) French/Vietnamese. It is what he said were cornichons; any tiny pickled about 1" long cucumber. They are not overly sour but def not sweet. In the US gerkins are not quite as small, about 3" or so.

However I could be wrong. This is what I call them.