Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

As of 12:42 pm, they are still available!

[emoji572]️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!) [emoji572]️

They are completely sold out again. I'm not sure exactly what time it was. Sometime about 1:00 or 1:30pm I think. They were available for a long time today compared to the day I purchased mine.

4-10-15 Well, I got my Carnival gift cards thru Verizon Smart Rewards. But let me tell you ... They were gone QUICK !!!

Here is some advice on how to get them.

1. Stalk the website. Leave the screen open to that page and refresh it periodically to see if you can 'Add to Cart' or if the button says 'Sold Out'.

2. I checked usually many times a day. Only twice have I found them available. Once was late in the evening after 10:30pm and thru that next morning very early. The other time was early this morning 4-10-15 before 7am. Update: Today 4-18-15 is the third time I have seen them available.

3. Be prepared ahead of time. Know exactly how many you want of each card. Have your credit card ready to complete the order. If you find them available, they will go extremely fast.

4. I think they start loading them ahead of time, so they show available to add to the cart, but once you have them in the cart, you may not be able to complete your order. You may get 'error messages' in red print under the item in the cart (see below on my thoughts on this & more details). If this happens, do not despair !! Continue refreshing your cart every five minutes or so until the error messages go away. This morning it was about 2 hours of refreshing before I could complete my order.

5. When the error messages do go away, complete your order IMMEDIATELY. If they sell out *while* you are entering your address or credit card number, you can get another error message later in the process and you will not be able to finish your purchase.

6. If you are unable to complete your purchase, you can leave the gift cards in your shopping cart for the next time

Error Messages in red print

"Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue checkout."

If you have clicked the 'Add to Cart' button, but get this message once you get to the cart, do NOT delete them from the cart ... This is the time period where I think they are loading the system or whatever, getting the cards ready to be able to complete the purchase. This has happened to me both times I found cards available. The first time, I put them in my cart the night before and the next morning maybe around 6am (maybe it was 7am?) they went live for completion. But I didnt know they could sell out from under me even after they were in my cart. I wasn't fast enough and they all sold out before I could complete my order process. The second time was this morning. I was able to add to cart sometime after 6:00am EST (had just woken up to go to restroom and not sure what time it was). I kept refreshing the cart every 5 minutes or so and as soon as the error message went away and they were live, I completed the order at 8:25am.

"Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue checkout."

They also use this same message when the button on the gift card page shows 'Sold Out' but you have items in your cart. This is also the default message when they are truly sold out. You can leave them in your cart and it will continue to show this message the whole time until the next time the cards are available again. (They will continue to use this same message once you can add to cart again right before they become live and available to purchase when the button on the gift card page shows 'Add to Cart' as I describe above.)

"Gift Messaging Available"

Your cards are live. Complete your purchase now !!

"Product has only __ inventory quantity. Please lower the quantity in order to continue checkout"

The cards are live, but selling out quickly. Lower your quantity and complete your purchase. This morning, after I was done ordering my gift cards, I went back to the ordering screen to check things out. The $500 cards had already completely sold out that quick from 8:25 when I started entering my credit card info to 8:35 when I was back looking at that screen again. For curiosity sake, I put in $100 cards for a quantity of 100 just to see what the message would say. There were only 76 of the $100 cards available at about 8:35. I kept refreshing and watched the quantity going down. By 8:50, these were all gone too. As soon as they were all sold out, the message went back to the original message (at the top of this list), so I went back to the gift card page and the button had immediately changed back to 'Sold Out'.

From my reading, it looks like most people have been finding the add to cart button very early in the morning. Both times for me, I saw either late the night before they went live or very early in the morning before they went live. (Both times, the add to cart button was there, but it was a couple hours, or overnight before I could complete the purchase.)

But that doesn't mean some won't also come available in the middle of the day too, I just didn't find any of them.

Updated information . . .

I ordered my gift cards on Friday 4-10-15. They called me on Tues 4-14-15 to confirm my order & let me know it was shipping. I do not know if they always do that, or only did it because I had such a large order of $4600 worth (us, my dad's, and my aunt's orders). They shipped my order by UPS and the gift cards arrived Thurs 4-16-15. I was required to sign for them.

While I had her on the phone, I asked her some questions. She found out the answers from someone else and called me back 45 minutes later. Hopefully these answers are pretty accurate. But of course, things are always subject to change, even if they are correct right now !!

Q: how often do they receive a shipment of gift cards to sell ? A: they have been receiving them approx every 2 weeks. They are trying to change that to weekly. (It looks like they were successful, as today is right at a week since I got mine on 4-10-15)

Q: can I get notified when the next shipment comes in, before they go on sale again ? A: no, there is no way for them to set up a notification

Q: when are they expecting the next shipment ? A: the next shipment should be coming in any day now. (This was on Tuesday when I was asking her and today they went on sale.)

Q: how many comes in on a shipment ? A: the shipments have been 800 $100 gift cards and 20 $500 gift cards, however, they are trying to increase the order to have more available because they sell out so quickly

Q: where do they come from ? A: she thinks they come directly from Carnival

Q: there used to be eCards, but now they are physical gift cards, will eCards ever be available again ? A: no, it will be gift cards from now forward

Q: is there any way to get a higher denomination gift card ? A: no, the $500 gift card is the highest increment they are receiving

Last year I bought eCards (emailed to me) from the Carnival website when the get 10% free fathers day promo was running (buy $100 get $10 free). I used them to payoff my cruise and also applied them to our sign & sail for OBC once we were on the ship. This promo, you are using Verizon smart reward points to purchase gift cards at 10% off (pay $90 for $100 worth, or pay $450 for $500 worth) plus a charge of 59 cents per card for shipping.

rewards.verizonwireless.com, you will have to sign in to your Verizon account, then click on travel > travel gift cards, or click on gift cards > travel

Following this thread because I check every morning on my phone, and it always says sold out. I checked this morning, and sold out. I was in the grocery line and was browsing thru cruise critic app, and the this post. I went to the website and purchased three gc but when I was ready to check out. You guess it, 'Sold Out'.:(

Following this thread because I check every morning on my phone, and it always says sold out. I checked this morning, and sold out. I was in the grocery line and was browsing thru cruise critic app, and the this post. I went to the website and purchased three gc but when I was ready to check out. You guess it, 'Sold Out'.:(

I know. It can be very annoying. My suggestion is to check very early a.m. The last 3 times I've gotten them it was between 6 - 8am. They were on sale today for a good while. The last time I got some was two weeks ago. And this was the second Saturday morning I csught them on sale. So keep an eye out for yourself. Even before you check the board. Unfortunately they do go fast, because people will buy up as many as they can while available. I've been getting them since before this limited availability started, so I only ever get 3 or 4 $100 cards at the most. If you have the time and patience to wait and get them, the savings is worth it.

Same for me!

I checked at 6:00 am this morning and they were sold out. My husband checked around 8:30 and they were there. I checked so early because previously it was early Saturday morning when I happened across them on three different occasions now. So I would suggest that you check on Saturdays between 6 and 8am, multiple times. I would have missed them today if the husband hadn't checked.

They are completely sold out again. I'm not sure exactly what time it was. Sometime about 1:00 or 1:30pm I think. They were available for a long time today compared to the day I purchased mine.

I ordered my gift cards on Friday 4-10-15. They called me on Tues 4-14-15 to confirm my order & let me know it was shipping. I do not know if they always do that, or only did it because I had such a large order of $4600 worth (us, my dad's, and my aunt's orders). They shipped my order by UPS and the gift cards arrived Thurs 4-16-15. I was required to sign for them.

While I had her on the phone, I asked her some questions. She found out the answers from someone else and called me back 45 minutes later. Hopefully these answers are pretty accurate. But of course, things are always subject to change, even if they are correct right now !!

Q: how often do they receive a shipment of gift cards to sell ? A: they have been receiving them approx every 2 weeks. They are trying to change that to weekly. (It looks like they were successful, as today is right at a week since I got mine on 4-10-15)

Q: can I get notified when the next shipment comes in, before they go on sale again ? A: no, there is no way for them to set up a notification

Q: when are they expecting the next shipment ? A: the next shipment should be coming in any day now. (This was on Tuesday when I was asking her and today they went on sale.)

Q: how many comes in on a shipment ? A: the shipments have been 800 $100 gift cards and 20 $500 gift cards, however, they are trying to increase the order to have more available because they sell out so quickly

Q: there used to be eCards, but now they are physical gift cards, will eCards ever be available again ? A: no, it will be gift cards from now forward

Q: is there any way to get a higher denomination gift card ? A: no, the $500 gift card is the highest increment they are receiving

Last year I bought eCards (emailed to me) from the Carnival website when the get 10% free fathers day promo was running (buy $100 get $10 free). I used them to payoff my cruise and also applied them to our sign & sail for OBC once we were on the ship. This promo, you are using Verizon smart reward points to purchase gift cards at 10% off (pay $90 for $100 worth, or pay $450 for $500 worth) plus a charge of 59 cents per card for shipping.

rewards.verizonwireless.com, you will have to sign in to your Verizon account, then click on travel > travel gift cards, or click on gift cards > travel

Thanks for the this information. I really hope this is ring true especially weekly shipments.

I know. It can be very annoying. My suggestion is to check very early a.m. The last 3 times I've gotten them it was between 6 - 8am. They were on sale today for a good while. The last time I got some was two weeks ago. And this was the second Saturday morning I csught them on sale. So keep an eye out for yourself. Even before you check the board. Unfortunately they do go fast, because people will buy up as many as they can while available. I've been getting them since before this limited availability started, so I only ever get 3 or 4 $100 cards at the most. If you have the time and patience to wait and get them, the savings is worth it.

I checked at 6:00 am this morning and they were sold out. My husband checked around 8:30 and they were there. I checked so early because previously it was early Saturday morning when I happened across them on three different occasions now. So I would suggest that you check on Saturdays between 6 and 8am, multiple times. I would have missed them today if the husband hadn't checked.

Yes the savings are worth it!!! I'm going to check every morning. Hopefully I can score them before my final payment in June. Waiting patiently....:)

Last year I bought eCards (emailed to me) from the Carnival website when the get 10% free fathers day promo was running (buy $100 get $10 free). I used them to payoff my cruise and also applied them to our sign & sail for OBC once we were on the ship. This promo, you are using Verizon smart reward points to purchase gift cards at 10% off (pay $90 for $100 worth, or pay $450 for $500 worth) plus a charge of 59 cents per card

Thank you Angela12345 for the information!!!

Anyone else noticed that they are no longer on the website? I had four in my cart from the last sale, and when I go to my cart now it says "

We apologize; this item/price is no longer available. Please remove it to continue the checkout process." Thoughts??

Edited by dsgriggs

Anyone else noticed that they are no longer on the website? I had four in my cart from the last sale, and when I go to my cart now it says "

We apologize; this item/price is no longer available. Please remove it to continue the checkout process." Thoughts??

They were there this morning when I checked. I don't know what happen to them. Very strange.

Whoooo they're NOT there...[emoji53][emoji53][emoji53][emoji53] Hopefully they're just not there because of all the stuff with the site letting you get all the way to the end of check out and telling you they were sold out. The 'OTHER' cruise line isn't there also...Got my cards today, I ordered them Friday or Saturday I think, sure hope they come back soon, got cards for cruise in May and enough to pay off August cruise. Will need SNS money tho and for cruise in December. [emoji57][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57] EVERYBODY KEEP WATCHING, NEED TO WORK TOGETHER ON THIS.

It is strange. Before the Carnival cards were always there, they just said sold out. Now they say not longer available when you click on Carnival on the first gift card page. When you go to view all cards, Carnival Cards are not even listed. Royal Caribbean is still listed, but says sold out. On the side bar under gift cards - cruises, again RCCL is the only one listed.

I sent an email which is supposed to be answered in 3-5 business days. I will post an answer on CC if I get one.

This happened a few months ago. I got a bunch of e-gift cards then all of the sudden they completely disappeared from the website. It took a few weeks but they eventually showed up again but as regular gift cards. Keep checking...hopefully they'll be back soon!

It is strange. Before the Carnival cards were always there, they just said sold out. Now they say not longer available when you click on Carnival on the first gift card page. When you go to view all cards, Carnival Cards are not even listed. Royal Caribbean is still listed, but says sold out. On the side bar under gift cards - cruises, again RCCL is the only one listed.

I sent an email which is supposed to be answered in 3-5 business days. I will post an answer on CC if I get one.

Wonderful, looking forward to hearing from you..

This happened a few months ago. I got a bunch of e-gift cards then all of the sudden they completely disappeared from the website. It took a few weeks but they eventually showed up again but as regular gift cards. Keep checking...hopefully they'll be back soon!

Feel a little better, hopefully they will show up in a few weeks. Maybe Verizon/CCL decided it was too much of a good thing!! Maybe not...will need about $1000 more before August and $1600 before December.

Ok.. one more post on this tried subject.. sorry about that, but I was lucky enough to get mine before they disappeared. They arrived yesterday, does anyone know how I can verify they are really loaded with the money they say they are? Can I log into a giftcard site and put in a number and find out if they are good? Don't want to wait too long or wait until I am on the ship before I find out. Can I pre-apply them to my S&S account?

Ok.. one more post on this tried subject.. sorry about that, but I was lucky enough to get mine before they disappeared. They arrived yesterday, does anyone know how I can verify they are really loaded with the money they say they are? Can I log into a giftcard site and put in a number and find out if they are good? Don't want to wait too long or wait until I am on the ship before I find out. Can I pre-apply them to my S&S account?

Go on Carnival gift cards dot com. There is a button on the page to verify the card balance. Works regardless of where you got the card from.

Yes you can apply them to your S&S either at guest services or using one of the kiosks onboard.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Go on Carnival gift cards dot com. There is a button on the page to verify the card balance. Works regardless of where you got the card from.

Yes you can apply them to your S&S either at guest services or using one of the kiosks onboard.

Thanks for the info!!! Feeling better now, all cards are loaded and good to go!!!! [emoji385][emoji385][emoji385][emoji385]