Saguenay

pizzalady1

:)

We purchased the tickets through the phone number on their web site - can't remember if they spoke English when we called for the tickets. I think we paid less for the tickets than what the ship were charging. The show was in English - I guess they know when the cruise ship is in town that most passengers will be English speaking. When we got to the theatre our tickets were at the box office. The show was great and everyone we spoke to about it on the ship agreed it was not to be missed.

We got off the hop-on/hop-off bus close to the theatre and then got a taxi to the theatre - was not far. After the show ended there were lots of buses going to our ship so it was very convenient.

Do you recall what you paid for the tickets? Royal Caribbean is charging $80 US pp for our October Serenade cruise.

Do you recall what you paid for the tickets? Royal Caribbean is charging $80 US pp for our October Serenade cruise.

It looks like the performances outside of their regular season (July/Aug) are for cruise ships only and, I assume, can only be purchased through the cruise line. See this website:http://www.diffusion.saguenay.ca/la-fabuleuse/la-fabuleuse-cruise-version/schedule.html

In May, HAL is selling the tickets for $74.95. On the website, not the link I provided above but another spot in the website, they're selling tickets in July & August for ~$55.

However, I have made an assumption based on the fact that it doesn't appear that one can purchase tickets outside of the July/August timeframe. You may want to call them yourself to confirm.

It looks like the performances outside of their regular season (July/Aug) are for cruise ships only and, I assume, can only be purchased through the cruise line. See this website:http://www.diffusion.saguenay.ca/la-fabuleuse/la-fabuleuse-cruise-version/schedule.html

In May, HAL is selling the tickets for $74.95. On the website, not the link I provided above but another spot in the website, they're selling tickets in July & August for ~$55.

However, I have made an assumption based on the fact that it doesn't appear that one can purchase tickets outside of the July/August timeframe. You may want to call them yourself to confirm.

I contacted the La Fabuleuse website in January and they said that the only way to see the show outside of their normal times is to go on a ship tour.

Well, this comes as good news for people in Saguenay during this ultra cold winter. This small port has worked so hard to gain international recognition ( 3x "Best Port Welcome" international awards). Cunard's QM 2 will visit them in October of 2016.

Here is an article about that:

http://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/queen-mary-2-to-make-first-call-in-saguenay-in-october-2016-1#.VOSvR_90zIV

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser

I contacted the La Fabuleuse website in January and they said that the only way to see the show outside of their normal times is to go on a ship tour.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

Interesting. The show charges $55 (Canadian), HAL $75, Royal Carib $80, and my cruise line (Oceania) $129 US. I guess we'll do something else in Saguenay - $129 is outrageous!

Interesting. The show charges $55 (Canadian), HAL $75, Royal Carib $80, and my cruise line (Oceania) $129 US. I guess we'll do something else in Saguenay - $129 is outrageous!

Can't wait to see what NCL charges. We have about decided to rent a car and drive part of the Route du Fjord.

I wonder if the different pricing has more to do with the number of passengers on the various ships. The show gets their attendees from ships, townspeople and other tourists when they hold their regular performance. When the show is offered only to ships, there are fewer attendees. I would think that the cruise line is charged more for their tickets and then they need to cover the transportation costs. Plus, they add on a bit to make a profit. That's all fairly normal. But only, say, 10 or 20% of the ship pax attend the show. The Maasdam holds ~1200 pax, 10% would be 120 so they have to spread the cost of the show/transportation/profit over 120 people. Is the Oceania ship smaller, in terms of pax? That might explain the price difference between HAL and Oceania. But that's all supposition on my part.

I haven't yet decided what we're going to do in Saguenay. We're there in May. Last time we were there, we just strolled about La Baie. There was a farmer's market that day that was very interesting and fun. I'm thinking of walking about again and maybe going to the show. It does have great reviews and it is unlikely we'll be back. But we have a little more incentive to spend the $150 to attend the show as we are close to achieving a loyalty level with HAL and spending on shorex gets us closer. But, I agree, it is a lot of money, even at $75/person and it kind of sticks in my craw to pay in USD to see a Canadian show, when I am in Canada (and Canadian so my dollars are at par). The only good thing is that I still have some USD from prior trips so it won't cost us the extra 15% in the exchange rate.

Please come back and let us know if it was worth it. I will still have time to change my mind!

I'll try to remember to do so. It will be later in May as I won't get home until around the 21st. Although I am thinking about doing a Live From report as I cruise up the coast from FLL. Watch the HAL forum in early May. Then you would get the report within a day or two. I think we're in Saguenay on May 14th.

I'll try to remember to do so. It will be later in May as I won't get home until around the 21st. Although I am thinking about doing a Live From report as I cruise up the coast from FLL. Watch the HAL forum in early May. Then you would get the report within a day or two. I think we're in Saguenay on May 14th.

Marked my calendar!

• 3 months later...

We did the HOHO buses last week

it was fine you do not get to see as much as the tour mentioned above but it was fine for $20 pp for both routes

Some did the La Fabuleuse show I think they said it was $40 at the door could be wrong on that but it was still a lot cheaper than the ship

We did the HOHO buses last week

it was fine you do not get to see as much as the tour mentioned above but it was fine for $20 pp for both routes

Some did the La Fabuleuse show I think they said it was $40 at the door could be wrong on that but it was still a lot cheaper than the ship

The $20 for the Ho-Ho bus was the same price in either US or Canadian dollars, so it would obviously be best to have Canadian money available.

The $20 for the Ho-Ho bus was the same price in either US or Canadian dollars, so it would obviously be best to have Canadian money available.

Since we are Canadian I never thought to use anything but CAD ;)