Pancho's Backyard

carlissaandisaacsmommy

If you are on a Carnival ship and docking at Puerta Maya, where mot Carnival ships dock, there is an outlet for Cinco Soles in the cruise port shopping complex and they have a branch of Panchos Backyard there with patio seating over looking the pier and waterfront.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at Cozumel Palace next door to Dolphinaris. It was $5 cab ride to downtown, which we went to the original Los Cinco Soles, which has the original Panchos Backyard. Their rate is the same no matter where "in town" they drop you off. It has been a few years so it may have gone up slightly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
I know this is a favorite here on these boards, but I was just kind of like, "meh" when I went there. It was okay, but nothing outstanding. I did not like the open air aspect, since when it is a hot day, the only break you get is a fan. No a/c.

I agree. I think it is very overrated. Although I did like the open air atmosphere. It was the food I thought was pretty bland. There are many great restaurants in Cozumel better than Pancho's. But that's just one man's opinion :)

If you are on a Carnival ship and docking at Puerta Maya, where mot Carnival ships dock, there is an outlet for Cinco Soles in the cruise port shopping complex and they have a branch of Panchos Backyard there with patio seating over looking the pier and waterfront.

This is what makes it a decent spot. It is right at the ship and if you are done with town a little early its not a bad last stop. Shots of tequila are shots of tequila :).