Hotel On Waikiki Beach

shadoo

Hi all!

We just booked out 25th anniversary cruise for 2016 on the Pride of America.

So excited and trying to plan all the details.

We want to fly in a few days early and wonder which hotel would be best...

Hilton Hawaiian Village or the Marriott? We would like something on the beach, clean, safe and reasonably priced. Other suggestions would be welcomed.

We are just in the planning stages and have alot of time to research, but you all have great knowledge and I wanted to tap in to that knowledge and experience.

Thanks so much for all you suggestions. I am sure I will be back many times with more questions.

If you want to be right on the beach, your choices are limited.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is on the beach, but not actually on Waikiki beach. It's on Kahanamoku beach, but that's probably just splitting hairs.

The Waikiki Marriott is not actually on the beach either....you walk across Kalakaua Avenue to get to the beach proper. Again, maybe that's just splitting hairs.

The hotels that are actually on Waikiki beach are the Royal Hawaiian, the Outrigger Waikiki, and the Moana Surfrider.

We stayed the night before our POA cruise at the Outrigger Waikiki. While it isn't cheap, it wasn't crazy expensive, and if you splurge a bit for ocean view or beach front rooms, you have an amazing view. You step right of the lower lobby onto Waikiki beach, and the hotel has a Duke's restaurant.

As to "reasonably priced" - well, almost everything in the area is expensive. There are a lot of hotels on the streets in back of the Waikiki beach area that are a little less expensive, but you won't necessarily have the view, and you'll have a short walk to get to the beach. So it really depends on what's important to you, and what you're willing to spend on it.

Hi all!

We just booked out 25th anniversary cruise for 2016 on the Pride of America.

So excited and trying to plan all the details.

We want to fly in a few days early and wonder which hotel would be best...

Hilton Hawaiian Village or the Marriott? We would like something on the beach, clean, safe and reasonably priced. Other suggestions would be welcomed.

We are just in the planning stages and have alot of time to research, but you all have great knowledge and I wanted to tap in to that knowledge and experience.

Thanks so much for all you suggestions. I am sure I will be back many times with more questions.

Retired military have the option of staying at the Hale Koa. It's next door to the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Fort DeRussey Military Reserve. You can check eligibility on their web site... however, they do not book more than 365 days out, based on the check-out date.

I've stayed at HHV. Ginormous complex. At the end of the beach area. But, it has the widest stretch of beach on Waikiki. Walking along the beach walkway and just the beach (when the walkway ends), I went past Hale Koa, Outrigger Reef, Halekulani, Sheraton Waikiki, Royal Hawaiian, Outrigger Waikiki, Moana Surfrider. Those were the ones that had a beachfront presence. You'll find some others a block back on Kalia (Embassy Suites, Wyndham among them) on or on the other side of the Kalakaua from the beachfront hotels (Sheraton Princess Kuilani, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn among others).

We will be cruising to Hawaii in March, 2015 and are looking for a hotel at or near the airport for one night before our cruise.

Did some research and have found that not all hotels have a shuttle to their hotel, would really prefer this. Understand cost for a cab is around $13 to a few of the hotels I have researched (Ramada Plaza and Best Western).

Also have been told there is no shuttle to pier from hotels. Cost for this is around $25.

So I guess after typing all of this - my main question is that I would like a recommendation for a hotel at or near the airport. And any information about shuttle cost.

Thanks for any information that the cruise critic family can provide.

No hotels in Waikiki have shuttles from airport or pier. Hotels in airport are in a very industrial area with freeway noise and airport noise. Just figure cost of taxis or shared shuttles into your vacation budget. Airport hotels are NOT the way to get into the spirit of Aloha!

No hotels in Waikiki have shuttles from airport or pier. Hotels in airport are in a very industrial area with freeway noise and airport noise. Just figure cost of taxis or shared shuttles into your vacation budget. Airport hotels are NOT the way to get into the spirit of Aloha!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I am staying at the The Outrigger Waikiki September 2015 for 3 days after our cruise on POA. I was saving almost £210 staying at the Outrigger than the Hilton so Outrigger it was. It is dated but I could not care because it is a base for us.

We will be cruising to Hawaii in March, 2015 and are looking for a hotel at or near the airport for one night before our cruise.

Did some research and have found that not all hotels have a shuttle to their hotel, would really prefer this. Understand cost for a cab is around $13 to a few of the hotels I have researched (Ramada Plaza and Best Western).

Also have been told there is no shuttle to pier from hotels. Cost for this is around $25.

So I guess after typing all of this - my main question is that I would like a recommendation for a hotel at or near the airport. And any information about shuttle cost.

Thanks for any information that the cruise critic family can provide.

There are some good private shuttles for just your party which will get you from the airport to a Waikiki Beach hotel for around $13 pp. Hawaii 23 and Johnnie Cab are two which come to mind. Roberts Tours also provides excellent airport pickup, but there will be several people in the vehicle and drop off at more than one hotel. But, they meet you at the luggage carrousel and take your luggage to the vehicle for you. All the ones mentioned will also provide hotel to peir shuttle as well.

Any recommendations for hotels?

There are some good private shuttles for just your party which will get you from the airport to a Waikiki Beach hotel for around $13 pp. Hawaii 23 and Johnnie Cab are two which come to mind. Roberts Tours also provides excellent airport pickup, but there will be several people in the vehicle and drop off at more than one hotel. But, they meet you at the luggage carrousel and take your luggage to the vehicle for you. All the ones mentioned will also provide hotel to peir shuttle as well.

Thank you for info.

I am staying at the The Outrigger Waikiki September 2015 for 3 days after our cruise on POA. I was saving almost £210 staying at the Outrigger than the Hilton so Outrigger it was. It is dated but I could not care because it is a base for us.

Considering Outrigger but the couple we are traveling with read some not so good reviews on this hotel.

Considering Outrigger but the couple we are traveling with read some not so good reviews on this hotel.

You will find a bad review somewhere for every hotel. Trip Advisor website ( sister site of Cruise Critic ) lists Outrigger Waikiki as #12 out of 82 hotels based on reviews by those who have stayed there. It earned their Certificate of Excellence for 2014. Not too shabby. We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for location and amenities and the fact that we get a break due to awards. The Outrigger would have been my second choice based on reviews. I'd stay there just for the fact that they have a Duke's restaurant and Barefoot. Bar!;)