Did I make an upgrade mistake?

SunnydayKim

Sounds like you got yourself a kick "aft "upgrade.....

I am going with this! First, because it made me smile. And also, I agree with everyone that we need to try it and hopefully will love it! Bonus, it didn't cost us anything more (which could be a negative in the long run since these rooms do cost more if we end up 'never wanting to go back')

Thanks all for your opinions & I hope to take some wonderful pictures while on board!

Kim

I have never had the pleasure of a balcony cabin, but do hope to some day.

All I can say, is that you will never know what the aft balcony cabins are like until you try one. I think I would enjoy watching the wake. Try it, and if you dont like it as much as a side balcony, then you will know for the next time.

Enjoy it for what it is; the extra room, and the view. And most of all have a great cruise.:)

• 4 years later...

We were in an aft extended balcony, 7442, on the Glory in 2016. Yes, there was vibration, not just pulling into and out of port. There was a slight vibration most of the time. I actually thought the vibration helped me sleep. Other than this constant vibration, there was not a lot of movement. The room was quiet. Be aware that the afternoons can be very hot on the balcony as there is no shade and often no breeze. The only thing that has kept us from booking another aft cabin is that we found numerous cigarette butts on the balcony every day. We reported this but were told that security could do nothing about this unless they actually caught the person smoking. We never saw where the butts were coming from. One afternoon one was still hot and smoking when I brought the steward to the balcony to clean them up. This is a very serious and dangerous problem.

I am not trying to discourage you or put a damper on your excitement. I just wanted to warn you about the cigarette butts. Please report them if you find them. Maybe someday they will be able to stop this behavior.

I hope you have a great cruise, we loved the Glory. She is a great ship.

You can feel the vibrations of the propellors, thrusters, whatever it is, on some occasions, but it's definitely NOT constant. Sometimes there's a lot of noise when a particular maneuver is being done, too. Although I noticed those things, they never bothered me. If anything, the vibrations relaxed me even more.

Although I agree with you most of the time fryee39, our vibration was constant. It was day and night and enough to make the glasses on the shelf in the bathroom chatter all the time. I do agree with the vibration relaxation factor. It seemed to lull me to sleep each night.