Obstructed View Question

hi

we have been offered a fab price for next year on the anthem of the seas from Southampton

now i have been offered a great price on a balcony but has obstructed views and upon further inspection it says it is because of the top of the life rafts - does anyone know or have previous experience of how much obstruction it would be?

Thanks

hi

we have been offered a fab price for next year on the anthem of the seas from Southampton

now i have been offered a great price on a balcony but has obstructed views and upon further inspection it says it is because of the top of the life rafts - does anyone know or have previous experience of how much obstruction it would be?

Thanks

The ship has not yet been built, so there is no previous experience.

sorry should have explained that better - i meant of other RCI ships with rooms with restricted views

The problem is there is no reasonable way to compare. It is going to be like Radiance class, where the some of the deck 7 balconies look down at a canopy over the lifeboats, or is it going to be like Voyager/Freedom where there is very little obstruction due to the life boats. No one really knows yet.

Most of the Obstructed view rooms on RCI are not that bad so I say give it a try your are still on a cruise how bad could it be. That reminded me of a cruise in an OBV room I took on Coral Princess. I booked a room between the lifeboats so I had some view. However the folks next to us came into their room and stated "why would anyone put a lifeboat in front of a window" as they only have a view of the side of the lifeboat

Edited by FLACRUISER99

hi

Thanks

Keep and eye on the Quantum launch. Once they load the lifeboats you may be able to determine which rooms will have less blockage. So far room 6660 has my attention since it has a large balcony.

I wouldn't worry about it....even if the lifeboats are below you, your outward view is fine. Just because you can't see straight down isn't really obstructed. Your eyes will look to the view...and it's out there! Not a problem.

Take a look at this video :

It shows the float out a section of the Anthem of the Seas earlier today (8/12). You can see the davits for the lifeboats extend up from deck five to somewhere on deck six... I'd say it's safe to say that the top of the lifeboats will be near the balconies on deck 6. (Similar to the QM2.) Some of the "obstructed cabins will be in between the life boats, with more view.

There are a few other obstructed balconies on far forward on decks 7 and 8; not sure what that will be....

Try watching the live float out of the Quantum on 8/13 at 0400Z on Youtube. (9pm EDT,midnight EDT)

Aloha,

John

hi

Thanks

Your on deck six, the lift boats are on Deck 5. This topic has been talked about on the sub forum of *Countdown to Quantum of the Seas*. There will be some cabins that will have only a 30% obstructed view while other cabins will have much more. If you looks at the deck plans for Deck 5 there are some opening between each lifeboat which will give you a less obstructed view.

You can post this question on the sub forum *Countdown to Quantum of the Seas*and give your cabin # and someone will be able to help you with the exact rooms that have less of an obstructed view.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=872

hi

Thanks

Locate your room and see if this helps you determine how obstructed your view will be.

http://www.destination360.com/cruises/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/images/quantum-of-the-seas-deck-plan.jpg

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

so another question whats the difference between a deluxe balcony cabin and a normal balcony room?

thanks

Just a few square feet. One has a 3 person sofa, the other has a 2 person loveseat.

• 1 month later...