Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill

bbgran190

Questions:

Can you make reservations for lunch at these two restaurants prior to boarding the ship?

Do they both have window views?

Cost for lunch at each of these establishments?

Of the two, which is your favorite and why?

Thanks for your input

No, you cannot make reservations in advance for lunch at either place. Go in person to the restauarant, or to the reservation desk in the Lido or call from your cabin to make your reservations.

Windows - it depends on which ship. I'm assuming because you're asking about Tamarind that you will be on the Eurodam or the NA. If so, both restaurants have windows in the PG and Tamarind.

I believe lunch is free in Tamarind and $10 in the PG. Mariner discounts, if you are a 3 star or higher mariner, will be credited to your onboard account.

I love Tamarind for dinner - love the wasabi crusted beef tenderloin! I'm not interested in trying it for lunch. PG is nice for both lunch and dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Questions:

Can you make reservations for lunch at these two restaurants prior to boarding the ship? - generally No.

Do they both have window views? - available in both venues.

Cost for lunch at each of these establishments? Tamarind is complimentary, PG is $10.

Of the two, which is your favorite and why? I enjoy both and would recommend doing both for lunch if your personal schedule permits.

Thanks for your input

These venues may or may not be open at lunch consistently on your particular cruise, depends upon port schedules, special functions and, number of passengers on a sailing.

• 7 months later...
What is the cost for dinner at P.G. and Tamarind?

I believe it's $29 for the PG and $10 - 15 for Tamarind.

Oooh, go with Cruz Chic's info as it's been a while since I was on a ship with Tamarind. Sorry about that!

Also, are there any other paid venues on the Nieuw Amsterdam other than P.G. and Tamarind?

Only other one is Cannaletto which is a section of the Lido. I believe it's $10 for dinner (but if someone else gives another amount, go with that one as I've never eaten there!).

It is $10 for dinner; I checked on the HAL website. (Couldn't be wrong twice in a row, you know!)

Pinnacle Grill -- lunch -- $10 pp; dinner -- $29 pp. One night there will be Le Cirque will costs $49 pp. On the Eurodam, one night is set aside for De Librije -- $69 pp. On the Eurodam Caribbean cruises, one week is Le Cirque and the next week is De Librige.

Tamarind is only on the Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam. It is free for lunch and is a set menu. Dinner is $20 pp.

Canaletto is $10 pp and is open only for dinner.

There is also the Chef's dinner which is held in the back room of the Pinnacle Grill and is limited to 12 - 18 people depending on the ship. It is $89 per person plus a 15% gratuity on the wine portion.

On longer cruises a Master Cellar's dinner is offered and it is $129 pp.

Also, are there any other paid venues on the Nieuw Amsterdam other than P.G. and Tamarind?

They are located in the Pinnacle Grill, but are completely different menus/dining experiences:

- An Evening at Le Cirque $49 per person;DISCOUNTED FOR 3,4 and 5 Star Mariners --see photos/menu here: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2015/03/17/the-updated-menu-for-an-evening-at-le-cirque-on-holland-america-cruises/

- The Master Chef's Table (limited to 18 or less guests, $89 per person, 7-courses including wine pairings) NOT DISCOUNTED FOR 3,4 and 5 Star Mariners. Photos and Menu: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2015/03/24/the-master-chefs-table-on-holland-americas-nieuw-amsterdam/

The Cabana Club Dinner is on the Nieuw Amsterdam 1 night per cruise in the Cabana Club on Deck 11. Think it is $129 per person. Details from HAL's blog: http://www.hollandamericablog.com/2012/10/02/nieuw-amsterdams-cabana-club-dinner/

The Canaletto is $10. Photos and Menus: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2015/03/14/an-updated-look-at-holland-americas-canaletto-restaurant-menu/

Pinnacle Grill -- lunch -- $10 pp; dinner -- $29 pp. One night there will be Le Cirque will costs $49 pp. On the Eurodam, one night is set aside for De Librije -- $69 pp. On the Eurodam Caribbean cruises, one week is Le Cirque and the next week is De Librige.

Tamarind is only on the Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam. It is free for lunch and is a set menu. Dinner is $20 pp.

Canaletto is $10 pp and is open only for dinner.

There is also the Chef's dinner which is held in the back room of the Pinnacle Grill and is limited to 12 - 18 people depending on the ship. It is $89 per person plus a 15% gratuity on the wine portion.

On longer cruises a Master Cellar's dinner is offered and it is $129 pp.

Thank you for the information about the Chef's Table dinner. My husband and I have enjoyed the Chef's Table dinner on our last 3 cruises with NCL, it was pricey there as well but we love it as we get to try new things. But for some reason there is no mention of it on HAL's website and I chatted over the net with a HAL rep and they didn't seem to know anything about it. Good to know it will most likely be happening on our cruise.

Lorie

If you like Asian food Tamarind is outstanding. We cruised on Eurodam 3 years ago and thought the food in Tamarind was so good that we gave up the MDR and went there every night - ok for a 7 night cruise!

It has yet to be mentioned but another option is the Tamarind Bento Box that is delivered to your stateroom. We have not tried it but here is the scanned Bento Box menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tamarind-Bento-Box.pdf.

Here is the scanned Tamarind Dinner menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tamarind-Dinner-Menu.pdf

The chicken pho, wasabi beef tenderloin, and the scoop of wasabi sorbet created a tango for my taste buds.

The Tamarind lunch reservations for filled for the entire week in the first two days during our NA cruise Dec 2014.

Edited by Crew News

It has yet to be mentioned but another option is the Tamarind Bento Box that is delivered to your stateroom. We have not tried it but here is the scanned Bento Box menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tamarind-Bento-Box.pdf.

Here is the scanned Tamarind Dinner menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tamarind-Dinner-Menu.pdf

The chicken pho, wasabi beef tenderloin, and the scoop of wasabi sorbet created a tango for my taste buds.

The Tamarind lunch reservations for filled for the entire week in the first two days during our NA cruise Dec 2014.

There were a number of people coming into the tamarind to order these bento boxes on my last cruise in November. I'd never heard of it before nor have I seen this menu. Would you mind telling me where you found it? Did you get it from the tamarind? Thx.

There were a number of people coming into the tamarind to order these bento boxes on my last cruise in November. I'd never heard of it before nor have I seen this menu. Would you mind telling me where you found it? Did you get it from the tamarind? Thx.

The Bento Box menu was delivered in to our mail box and also in the Tamarind itself during a lunch hubby had there, he said they brought one to each table and left them after telling him what it was.

Joanie

The Bento Box menu was delivered in to our mail box and also in the Tamarind itself during a lunch hubby had there, he said they brought one to each table and left them after telling him what it was.

Joanie

Thx for the info. I've never seen it at all. They probably know they get enough business from me already. I can see that it was popular.

Lunch in Tamarind is mostly dumplings while dinner is a much more varied menu.

Here is the scanned Tamarind Lunch menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Tamarind-Lunch.pdf

There are no deviations from the menu.

For those with delicate palates, the Szechuan Sesame Salad comes already dressed with a very spicy dressing and I would advise just setting it aside.

Here is the scanned Tamarind Lunch menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Tamarind-Lunch.pdf

There are no deviations from the menu.

For those with delicate palates, the Szechuan Sesame Salad comes already dressed with a very spicy dressing and I would advise just setting it aside.

I'm sure the link is handy for many but I don't click such links provided here. While I really enjoy Tamarind dinner, I do not much like their lunch.

Edited by sail7seas

Lunch in Tamarind is mostly dumplings while dinner is a much more varied menu.

For sure. Dinner is way better than lunch. I would say lunch is mediocre at best.

We ate one time at the Tamarind for lunch.

DH was hungry at the end of the meal. At that time they didn't even have rice to go with the set menu. And we did not get one of everything as advertised.