cruise director on Navigator Montreal to Miami October 2014

liptastic

Just to be curious, why would you want to know that?

And why would it be important?

Perhaps I have no clue of what the Cruise Director does, but I cannot remember meeting any of them on previous cruises, nor remembering any names for that matter.

what is Regentimes?

It's a 20 page glossy magazine produced for British/European Seven Seas Society Members. It seems to come out twice a year (it could be more) and contains news about RSSC, recipes, interviews with crew members etc etc.

That is interesting as it is not something we receive in the U.S.

IMO, the Cruise Director plays an important roll on the ship (unless you do not attend any of the events or shows). For instance, Trivia is a very popular time on a cruise -- the Horizon Lounge is generally packed. A CD like Ray Solaire can make it fun and interesting (except when he asks Harry Potter questions:-) The same can be said for Liar's Club -- another very popular event. Some CD's are entertainers themselves and perform during in the evening. CD's seem to be everywhere - even helping out in the organization of getting people off of the ship for excursions (Paul Reynolds was usually around to do this even though it wasn't specifically his job).

Many times questions are asked about who the C.D. or G.M. are going to be. They really can set the tone for a cruise.

Interesting, makes sense to want to know who he/she is on a trip as they are appearantly key in the atmosphere set on the ship, well at least during the entertainment portion of it.

I now also understand why we never know who the CD is as we never attend any of the shows or entertainment.

Cruise Directors are like TC2 said, if they are good, like Ray Solaire and Paul Reynolds , are sort of conductors for the cruise. We usually alway go to events that they organize and find their energy fun and worthwhile. On small ships like Regent, these events are nicely done.

Thank you for your replies.I have not received my latest copy of Regent Times yet.It's a great wee magazine as last issue they listed the names of the captain and cruise director for each ship and timetable up until mid summer. That's a pity you don't get this in the USA, as I am sure you would enjoy it.

Lorraine Weimerskirch (I hope I got that right!) absolutely made our Bermuda cruise in 2012, as did Ray Solaire on our Canada/New England cruise last year. I'm sorry to hear that neither of them will be on the Navigator for our November Caribbean cruise. I've never heard of Margaret Scoggins...does anyone know anything about her?