Intercontinental Miami - Priceline Question

berryhillmom

Looking for info from someone who might have stayed here after winning a Pricelince bid. I am wondering if they charge extra for the 3rd person if they are over 18 years old. I notice on their website it says that a 3rd person adult cost an extra 30.00 and I'm wondering if they will try and add that to my charges when I arrive.

Thanks for any info!

Priceline only guarantees a room with bedding for 2 people. Having said that I have traveled and won bids on Priceline often enough and never had a problem with getting a room with 2 double beds.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I would say you will be ok. JMHO

Looking for info from someone who might have stayed here after winning a Pricelince bid. I am wondering if they charge extra for the 3rd person if they are over 18 years old. I notice on their website it says that a 3rd person adult cost an extra 30.00 and I'm wondering if they will try and add that to my charges when I arrive.

Thanks for any info!

Miami is not a place where you want to push the two person limit with priceline.

They most certainly will charge you for the upgrade for two beds.

Miami is one of the few areas in the country where a room with two beds is an upgrade.

Disagree with definitely will charge, because IN FACT I wasn't charged at IC and after asking nicely was given a corner room with view of the port.

Booked thru PL and we had another couple with us.

So IT CAN happen, but as I said maybe I just got lucky.

And quoting Sgt. Joe Friday "Facts just the Facts."

Pl guarantees a room for two. That means you can get a room with one bed. Will that work for you all? All you can do is request two beds. When you call to get a hotel confirmation number, put in a request. If not avail. when you check in, yes you can be charged anything they want. Even for a second room...at rack rate. I would never use PL for a room for more than 2. There are other sites to use.

Pl guarantees a room for two. That means you can get a room with one bed.

They guaranty a room for 2

we have gotten 2 beds in some hotels

Some even ask at check in if we want 2 beds

They guaranty a room for 2

we have gotten 2 beds in some hotels

Some even ask at check in if we want 2 beds

It all depends on what the hotel has available at check in. They don't have to offer anything but a queen size bed. Rooms with 2 beds sometimes are all booked during summer or holiday family travel dates.

With other sites that offer rooms for more than two, I wouldn't risk booking with PL. Or...cross your fingers.;)

• 3 weeks later...

While it's true that they do not have to provide room for more than two, I have never, ever had a single time when my request for two beds or rollaways wasn't accommodated.

I've been using PL for years and years, almost always traveling with at least two other people (my kids) and this has never been an issue. I have stayed in hotels I won with a bid on PL probably 100 times, at least, so this isn't really an anomaly.

I have also never been charged more for extra people upon arrival.

Could it be an issue? Yes, technically. Has it ever been? No, not for me.