Family Ocean Rooms

EJ33333

The 3 of us are Sailing Indy in 3 days, in Cabin 8500, I will take lots of pics and post when i get back if anyone wants them?

I'm interested but to be honest the video posted earlier in this thread paints a pretty definitive picture. :)

I guess I'd be more interested in the intangibles. What the room "feels" like.

Our kids will be staying on the couch, is it comfortable? Does the cabin steward fold it in and out everyday?

What is it like staying in the bunk room? My MIL will be in there.

Does the "sitting area" outside of the bathroom end up getting used at all?

I love the fact that 8500 has actual doors on the master bedroom and the bunk room.

Have a great cruise! :D

Edited by InsideCruiser

I'm interested but to be honest the video posted earlier in this thread paints a pretty definitive picture. :)

I guess I'd be more interested in the intangibles. What the room "feels" like.

Our kids will be staying on the couch, is it comfortable? Does the cabin steward fold it in and out everyday?

What is it like staying in the bunk room? My MIL will be in there.

Does the "sitting area" outside of the bathroom end up getting used at all?

I love the fact that 8500 has actual doors on the master bedroom and the bunk room.

Have a great cruise! :D

Will do my best to report back!

With my snoring I imagine Daughter who is 3 in the bunks, me on the sofa bed and wife in the bedroom! Looking forward to having so much space for the 3 of us :D

Sadly, when I called for my sailing, the cabins were booked. Just goes to show, that one can never do enough reading/research.:( We're stuck paying more for two cabins. Maybe it's for the best.

However, for future reference, is it possible to monitor these cabins (8200/8500) online or are they only bookable (checkable) by calling?

The rep on the phone, although polite, was reeeeeally pushing 6200 as an alternative & didn't understand why I wouldn't just take it instead. :cool:

Sadly, when I called for my sailing, the cabins were booked. Just goes to show, that one can never do enough reading/research.:( We're stuck paying more for two cabins. Maybe it's for the best.

However, for future reference, is it possible to monitor these cabins (8200/8500) online or are they only bookable (checkable) by calling?

The rep on the phone, although polite, was reeeeeally pushing 6200 as an alternative & didn't understand why I wouldn't just take it instead. :cool:

To my knowledge, any staterooms that hold more than 4 guests don't show up online, and you must call to get availability and pricing.

To my knowledge, any staterooms that hold more than 4 guests don't show up online, and you must call to get availability and pricing.

I guess this would be reason #134 on why their website is not good.:( I really don't want to spend my time calling every single day to see if the cabin has become available.

Thanks for the insight though.

I guess this would be reason #134 on why their website is not good.:( I really don't want to spend my time calling every single day to see if the cabin has become available.

Thanks for the insight though.

Carnival allows you to look up 5 person prices, NCL doesn't either. To be honest if I can't look it up on my own I won't bother...we just did with Royal out of curiosity.

I wonder why 8500 has a door and 8200 doesn't. I heard that on Indy it is just a curtain and on Freedom it is a door- maybe I read it wrong, though. I went with 8200 for the extra room- the curtain doesn't bother me. After staying in an inside quad twice, this is going to seem like the Taj Mahal!!! I'd love to see any and all pictures and opinions that anyone is willing to share!! Please title your post with "8500" in the title, so my eyes will catch it though...I'd love to say I read every post on here, but I do have a life outside of Cruise Critic. Sad, but true!:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by Maybaybie10

We have four kids and were in 8200 several years ago. It worked out great for the six of us and I couldn't believe how much bigger it was than a regular family oceanview. Now our kids are older (all teenagers) and we need more bathrooms. The only issue we had with this room was that we could really feeling the rocking back and forth. Our first sea day all of the kids got sick (only once, then they were better) because it was so rocky. The rest of the cruise they were fine. Enjoy your extra room.

When the 3rd/4th free sales are over the FOVs will be priced almost as much as booking 2 separate cabins.

Yes, CSR's (in my experience) don't appreciate the value of 8200/8500.

Correct usually that they don't show up online...however if they haven't been booked at a certain time prior to departure they are available online....Approx 2 months before our ROS Alaska cruise the FOV were available and I changed 3 of my family members from an OV to the FOV #8500...pays to keep an eye out for these offerings.

Yes...

FB (family oceanview with balcony)

FO (family oceanview)

FI (family interior)

Understood, but within Freedom/Voyager class FOV's there are 2 cabins (8200/8500) which are much nicer than the rest.

Any "special" family cabins on Oasis class, or are all the cabins within a category identical?

Understood, but within Freedom/Voyager class FOV's there are 2 cabins (8200/8500) which are much nicer than the rest.

Any "special" family cabins on Oasis class, or are all the cabins within a category identical?

I believe 11128 and 11528 are a little larger than the 'regular' FOV. We had one booked on Allure last year, but ended up having only 4 people instead of 5 and had to cancel out of it. They are at the front corner of the ship.

It does! I am writing this from cabin 8500 on indy. It's a very smooth sailing however you feel it in this cabin. I would dread to think what it's like with choppy waters. Mdr and all the other areas on the ship like the promenade you literally can't feel it move. But when you get off the elevator on deck 8 as you walk forward to the cabin you start to feel it. I am lay on the bed relaxing and typing this and can feel the ship moving all the time. But I don't mind it! Have slept about 14 hours since we boarded yesterday! The cabin itself is great though. Strange but great. Bunk room. Bed room, spectate living room inbetween loads of space for 3 of us. Although 6 in here would be a nightmare I imagine. I would say 4 comfortable.