Wifi on oasis

maggieq

Could someone please tell me how to connect and sign up to the WiFi on my Ipad? :)

I understand that I would no longer need to go to the computer lab to do so. And also, that my Diamond discount will be automatically applied to my account, so no more coupons to turn in. :D Is this correct?

We had something similar on Celebrity, but I ended up having to go down to the computer lab to set it up, as it would not work.

Could someone please tell me how to connect and sign up to the WiFi on my Ipad? :)

I understand that I would no longer need to go to the computer lab to do so. And also, that my Diamond discount will be automatically applied to my account, so no more coupons to turn in. :D Is this correct?

We had something similar on Celebrity, but I ended up having to go down to the computer lab to set it up, as it would not work.

All you do is connect to the Royal WiFi wireless and you will get instructions on how to set up an account on your screen.

Clarea, since you seem to be the most knowledgeable around here, (and I love that you seem to always be here to answer everyone's questions/concerns) - When the Oasis goes to dry-dock this fall, will it be getting a Wifi upgrade?

Thanks...

Clarea, since you seem to be the most knowledgeable around here, (and I love that you seem to always be here to answer everyone's questions/concerns) - When the Oasis goes to dry-dock this fall, will it be getting a Wifi upgrade?

Thanks...

Thank-you, but there are many very knowledgable and helpful contributors to this forum.

To my knowledge, Royal has not released any information with regard to Oasis internet upgrades.

Thank-you, but there are many very knowledgable and helpful contributors to this forum.

To my knowledge, Royal has not released any information with regard to Oasis internet upgrades.

You just always seem to answer my questions and I thank you for that!!!

Thanks for your response!

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't know about the 1 hour free for Diamond cruisers. That's quite a perk.

That's per person too, so if your cabin mate is Diamond, you each get an hour free.

All you do is connect to the Royal WiFi wireless and you will get instructions on how to set up an account on your screen.

Thank you once again! :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't know about the 1 hour free for Diamond cruisers. That's quite a perk.

Yes, this is a nice perk. ;) Two hours for us will be plenty and more for a 2 night cruise. For a week or more, not so much. Many minutes are eaten up by slow connections.

Celebrity Elite receive 90 min. each. :) I barely make it without having to add more minutes when on a 7-12 night cruise.

How good is it? Thanks!
Nothing like home broadband.

Supposedly both Oasis and Allure are scheduled to get the new 03b high-speed/broadband Internet service very soon.

While they are not the fastest in the world, they are touted to be 10 -12 times faster than current onboard WIFI. We should be hearing reports from cruisers on the new service within the next 30-60 days.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Thank you once again! :)

Yes, this is a nice perk. ;) Two hours for us will be plenty and more for a 2 night cruise. For a week or more, not so much. Many minutes are eaten up by slow connections.

I am not a computer wiz but I am told the way to save minutes is as follows. Connect on-line and download all your email, then disconnect. Review all your email off-line and put all your responses in the draft folder. I have Yahoo mail - does anyone know how to do this?

On my recent Oasis cruise, in addition to the previously posed plans, there was also a three-day one-device plan for $99 offered halfway through the cruise. And there was the $10 for 30 minutes as well offered prior to the last day. I did not try either (was trying to go internet-free for a week) but I did see that I could get to the sign-up page

I am not a computer wiz but I am told the way to save minutes is as follows. Connect on-line and download all your email, then disconnect. Review all your email off-line and put all your responses in the draft folder. I have Yahoo mail - does anyone know how to do this?

Good tip. ;) I do this already. ;) It's still slow and eats the minutes.:(

You would have to load some sort of application to do this, like Microsoft Outlook on a PC.

Supposedly both Oasis and Allure are scheduled to get the new 03b high-speed/broadband Internet service very soon.

While they are not the fastest in the world, they are touted to be 10 -12 times faster than current onboard WIFI. We should be hearing reports from cruisers on the new service within the next 30-60 days.

We were able to test that new hi speed wifi out on the oasis in March and if can handle the traffic the speeds on it we're much more than 10-12 times faster. Close to broadband. Caveat there was only a dozen or so people beta testing it so there wasn't much strain on it. I personally can't wait until it gets implemented through the entire RCCL Fleet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Contrary to what I posted above about Diamond minutes, I realized that the Diamond coupon is only 30 minutes. That means with two to a stateroom, the minutes only equal an hour. :rolleyes: Should still be plenty for my 2 night cruise, but wanted to clarify for anyone that thinks it's 1 hour per Diamond member.;)

Is WiFi connection in the staterooms on Oasis?

Contrary to what I posted above about Diamond minutes, I realized that the Diamond coupon is only 30 minutes. That means with two to a stateroom, the minutes only equal an hour. :rolleyes: Should still be plenty for my 2 night cruise, but wanted to clarify for anyone that thinks it's 1 hour per Diamond member.;)

Is WiFi connection in the staterooms on Oasis?

Yes, Oasis has WiFi all over the ship.