Oasis and allure 2016

Deployment past April 2016 should start to be confirmed in February 2015.

Here is the calendar for this past year. If Oasis and Allure both stay in the Caribbean after April 2016 that should be released in February or March.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

The last week of May 2016, the Allure sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale have great prices. I originally booked the last week of May sailing for my daughter's high school graduation. We recently found out she'll graduate the Tuesday after Memorial Day. So now, I'm waiting to book for the following week. I'm looking forward to my first RCCL sailing and I hope the prices remain the same as my original booking. I'm one of those, I need to book 18 months in advance!!! . . . :D

I reckon that the OASIS class ship will remain in the Caribbean, mainly as it is designed to sail in environments where Hot weather is guaranteed all year round. However, I am prepared to be surprised.

With price pressures as they are for Caribbean sailings, I don't think we'll be seeing all 4 Oasis class sailing the Caribbean unless something drastically changes in the market. If Allure's Mediterranean season goes well next year and the China market gives them the returns they're looking for, I can certainly see Royal Caribbean do the following after 2018 when they have 4 of these ships to play with:

1 in Ft Lauderdale year-round

1 in Port Canaveral year-round

1 in Asia year-round

1 in Mediterranean in Summer and Ft Lauderdale in Winter

Edited by UCF_Knight

With price pressures as they are for Caribbean sailings, I don't think we'll be seeing all 4 Oasis class sailing the Caribbean unless something drastically changes in the market. If Allure's Mediterranean season goes well next year and the China market gives them the returns they're looking for, I can certainly see Royal Caribbean do the following after 2018 when they have 4 of these ships to play with:

1 in Ft Lauderdale year-round

1 in Port Canaveral year-round

1 in Asia year-round

1 in Mediterranean in Summer and Ft Lauderdale in Winter

I will be on the Oasis in a few weeks time from Barcelona, and I don't believe it is sailing full. The Oasis Class ship is designed for the warmer climate. I can't see RCCL removing the plants and trees every 6 months just to accommodate the European and Asian markets.

Unless there is specific intel from RCCL, I will err on the side of caution and assume that the Oasis Class ships will remain in the Caribbean market. I will accept that PC and FL will most likely get 2 ships each... I may even buy into more Caribbean ports opening up to the Oasis class ships in the future.

All we can do is speculate until RCCL comes up with specific news.

I will be on the Oasis in a few weeks time from Barcelona, and I don't believe it is sailing full. The Oasis Class ship is designed for the warmer climate. I can't see RCCL removing the plants and trees every 6 months just to accommodate the European and Asian markets.

Unless there is specific intel from RCCL, I will err on the side of caution and assume that the Oasis Class ships will remain in the Caribbean market. I will accept that PC and FL will most likely get 2 ships each... I may even buy into more Caribbean ports opening up to the Oasis class ships in the future.

All we can do is speculate until RCCL comes up with specific news.

A 5 night cruise on Oasis from Barcelona next month is selling for significantly more than a 7 night cruise on Allure out of Ft Lauderdale the same week.

As for "specific intel from RCCL", I think you can see their motive simply by looking at Allure's 2015 itineraries. Unlike the trip to Europe for dry dock for Oasis where it is only sailing a few cruises from European ports before returning to Florida, Royal Caribbean is leaving Allure in Europe all summer next year. Apparently they were happy enough with the early bookings for Oasis in Europe they decided to deploy Allure there for 6 months. If those sailing go well, I certainly won't be shocked if we see this become a permanent thing for one of the Oasis-class to spend 6 months in the Mediterranean and 6 months in the Caribbean each year.

RCCL is not building and finishing (November) their new state of the art pier in Port Canaveral to have it sit empty until 2018.

Well, it certainly won't sit empty even if they decide not to put an Oasis class there (which I personally think WILL happen after Oasis 3 comes out). They are expected to move the departures for Freedom, Enchantment, and Explorer down there as soon as the new terminal is ready. Plus Quantum and Anthem will be stopping at the terminal as a port of call. The terminal is being designed with a specific separate traffic flow pattern for use as a port of call dock.

Well, it certainly won't sit empty even if they decide not to put an Oasis class there (which I personally think WILL happen after Oasis 3 comes out). They are expected to move the departures for Freedom, Enchantment, and Explorer down there as soon as the new terminal is ready. Plus Quantum and Anthem will be stopping at the terminal as a port of call. The terminal is being designed with a specific separate traffic flow pattern for use as a port of call dock.

I live nearby and and follow this closely. I have not read one thing about Enchantment moving to the new pier nor the Freedom. Why would they empty out a perfectly good pier they are contracted too? Regardless, I do however expect the Explorer to be in the new pier (for the short time it is here) as it coincides with its arrival. The new pier is being built to increase cruise passengers by 50% and the new pier will move customers from parking lot to ship in 6-8 minutes. This is a massive expansion effort and I stand by my opinion, they will not wait until 2017 or 2018 to complete the true expansion.

A 5 night cruise on Oasis from Barcelona next month is selling for significantly more than a 7 night cruise on Allure out of Ft Lauderdale the same week.

Bearing in mind that September is off season in Florida, it's hardly surprising.

As for "specific intel from RCCL", I think you can see their motive simply by looking at Allure's 2015 itineraries. Unlike the trip to Europe for dry dock for Oasis where it is only sailing a few cruises from European ports before returning to Florida, Royal Caribbean is leaving Allure in Europe all summer next year. Apparently they were happy enough with the early bookings for Oasis in Europe they decided to deploy Allure there for 6 months. If those sailing go well, I certainly won't be shocked if we see this become a permanent thing for one of the Oasis-class to spend 6 months in the Mediterranean and 6 months in the Caribbean each year.

And we know how quickly itineraries change. Look at what happened with Quantum (or was it Anthem, sorry I forget off hand). At one point, the Quantum class ship was sailing out of the US, the next minute it was reassigned. I wouldn't live on the expectation that bookings a year or so ahead will be guaranteed to be honoured. Plus, if Allure of the Seas will be in Europe for 6 months and then back in the US for 6 months, it would need to be out of action for a period of time in order to put the trees and plants that are best suited for the appropriate climate as it won't be something they can do on the way from Europe to the US.