Alaska which ship?

Jjjr88

Hi:) there are 2 guys I have seen and both are good. Brent and the other

guy is named Milo. I have enjoyed both. No way to tell right now who

will be on Solstice in Sept 2015....unless someone who is sailing soon

would take the time out and ask him and relay the message back here.

Thanks Lois, hopefully one of those two will be on our cruise! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Cathy

Hi:) there are 2 guys I have seen and both are good. Brent and the other

guy is named Milo. I have enjoyed both..

Are you thinking of Milos Radakovich?

He is another top notch naturalist on Celebrity ships who presents outstanding programs about a variety of different topics on various itineraries throughout the world.

Brent prefers to cruise out of Seattle, but also does other cruise itineraries, as well as accepting non-cruise speaking engagements elsewhere.

I would happily attend a presentation given by either one of them.

We have cruised Alaska in late September too. Actually it was the repo sailing from Vancouver to San Diego. We did have some light rain but the temps were mild and since we had been there before we knew to take waterproof outerwear and shoes. We were perfectly content to do a little puddle hopping on our way to a shore side king crab lunch!!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise. Alaska is indeed special.

Deeliteful, you will absolutely love your aft cabin. If you have not joined the Roll Call for your sailing, do so. If your cruise is anything like our first Alaska cruise the majority of the aft cabins will be filled with your fellow Cruise Critic friends. If by any chance you are visiting Icy Straits Point make sure you are on your balcony as you glide through the narrow passage on your way back to the Inland Passage.

While there's absolutely nothing against the Millennium, if I were to book tomorrow and everything was the same (itinerary, price, et al), I'd book the Solstice for the hot glass show. Much like parents can dump their kids at the waterparks on other lines, I can park my wife at the glass show and get some time to myself. :D

Deeliteful, you will absolutely love your aft cabin. If you have not joined the Roll Call for your sailing, do so. If your cruise is anything like our first Alaska cruise the majority of the aft cabins will be filled with your fellow Cruise Critic friends. If by any chance you are visiting Icy Straits Point make sure you are on your balcony as you glide through the narrow passage on your way back to the Inland Passage.

Thanks I have always wanted to book one and Alaska seemed the right cruise to do it .I am on the Infinity not the Millie (senior moment) and booked my flights today and hotel (Pan Pacific).

I have joined the roll call but very few on there so far, hope it fills up , I want to share some of my tours!

Edited by Deeliteful

• 1 month later...
Hi Cathy,

Our review from our Celebrity Solstice Alaskan cruise is now up and can be found here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106806.

We had unbelievable weather, mostly 50s and sunny. Only rained in Ketchikan. The cruise was amazing and the Solstice was beautiful.

I did not have chance to ask Brent if he will be on the ship next year. But, he was great as advertised here on CC!

I did ask Patti, the Cruise Director, about next year's historian and naturalist, and she basically dodged the question.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Alaska is great and we are already planning to go back for our 10 year anniversary!

Happy Cruising!

Thanks, I'm a step ahead of you and have already read your review....the pics and details were amazing!! I can tell you had a wonderful trip and hopefully we'll have similar luck with the weather next September! Hopefully Brent will be our naturalist too, have heard so many great reviews of him that I might be pretty disappointed with anyone else now! Have had Patti as our CD on the Infinity when we did the Panama Canal....she's great fun and a real talent as well! So, where are you off to next?

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Our review from our Celebrity Solstice Alaskan cruise is now up and can be found here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106806.

We had unbelievable weather, mostly 50s and sunny. Only rained in Ketchikan. The cruise was amazing and the Solstice was beautiful.

I did not have chance to ask Brent if he will be on the ship next year. But, he was great as advertised here on CC!

I did ask Patti, the Cruise Director, about next year's historian and naturalist, and she basically dodged the question.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Alaska is great and we are already planning to go back for our 10 year anniversary!

Happy Cruising!

Your review with updates is fantastic. Thanks! We are going on our second Alaska cruise Summer of 2015 for Our 10th wedding anniversary and treating a dozen family members to join us.

Any idea how long the naturalists are contracted for? I've heard so many positive comments about Brent Nixon and am hoping he'll still be onboard when we sail the Solstice...but we're not booked until Sept 2015:eek:

Brent Nixon is so much fun we were lucky when he jumped in with us on a bear treking tour in ISP we had a blast then a few nights later he ran into us on the ship and had dinner with us such a great time

I HAVE A QUASTION TOO. Do I need a balcony on Alaska cruise or window will be just fine ? I know it’s always nice to have balcony but do you really can seat there or it’s too cold ? Looking for end of June –July maybe. What is best time to go to have nice weather and calm seas ?