Diamond +

I received an e-mail from RCI about 3 complimentary drinks per day. Has anyone done this on there cruise. We leave on the Legend on the 3rd of Nov.

Thank you in advance, David H

There have been several threads and lots of comments on this.

There are three complimentary drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card. These can only be used during the normal diamond/concierge lounge cocktail hour - usually around 5:00 to 8:30 each evening. The drinks are in addition to the free drinks available in the lounges. You do not have to use them in the lounges - they operate as usual. The drinks cannot be used in any dining location, just in the bars. They are limited to standard cocktails, wine, beer - no frozen blender drinks.

Makes it easier if you are traveling with anyone who does not have access to the lounges.

My thought exactly! ;):D I got mine too.

As they roll this out to each ship, anyone with an upcoming cruise on a ship that will have the coupons in effect for the first time at the time of their sailing is receiving them. It is expected that by sometime in the fall all ships will have them in effect, so the "news" regarding the email should stop.

I guess its human nature but it is interesting that with as many active threads about this that are on this board that new ones still get posted announcing it. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Do you think it will include the Rising Bar on Oasis? :confused:

I guess we will find out for sure soon, but Royal has not listed any exceptions to the bars in which the vouchers can be used.

Edited by clarea

I guess we will find out for sure soon, but Royal has not listed any exceptions to the bars in which the vouchers can be used.

Agree. However, on the Oasis in July I could not use in the bar directly outside the main dining room (deck3). We were a little early for dinner and sat in the waiting area and I decided to get a glass of wine and then take it into dinner when the doors opened. Bar tenders told me they did not accept the coupons - they were considered the "dining room." Wasn't a big deal, but I remembered on future nights and just got a glass of wine in the Schooner bar or Dazzles and took to dinner.

Agree. However, on the Oasis in July I could not use in the bar directly outside the main dining room (deck3). We were a little early for dinner and sat in the waiting area and I decided to get a glass of wine and then take it into dinner when the doors opened. Bar tenders told me they did not accept the coupons - they were considered the "dining room." Wasn't a big deal, but I remembered on future nights and just got a glass of wine in the Schooner bar or Dazzles and took to dinner.

Interesting, and good to know. I guess we will see how it all plays out over the coming months.

Interesting, and good to know. I guess we will see how it all plays out over the coming months.

Yes, it might just have been "early days" of the program - bar tender was very nice - said his computer was programmed as "dining room" - where the waiters came to get drinks for the tables; so perhaps it may change, but it made sense and I didn't push or argue.

It was nice to use the vouchers in other bars and take a glass of wine to dinner.

As they roll this out to each ship, anyone with an upcoming cruise on a ship that will have the coupons in effect for the first time at the time of their sailing is receiving them.

I feel SOOOO neglected. My next cruise is 20 days away and I still have no email. :(

There have been several threads and lots of comments on this.

There are three complimentary drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card. These can only be used during the normal diamond/concierge lounge cocktail hour - usually around 5:00 to 8:30 each evening. The drinks are in addition to the free drinks available in the lounges. You do not have to use them in the lounges - they operate as usual. The drinks cannot be used in any dining location, just in the bars. They are limited to standard cocktails, wine, beer - no frozen blender drinks.

Makes it easier if you are traveling with anyone who does not have access to the lounges.

Will they sub a diet coke? Too bad about the frozen drinks. I love virgin dacquiries.