how to print boarding passes for flight home?

This reminds me of a funny (or frightening) event that happened on our last cruise. I went up to print out boarding passes in the internet area and, for some reason, my DH was with me. Well, some other guest had been trying to print for ages and did not know (or did not check) that the printer was jammed. Fortunately, DH used to work in IT and the printer was the same kind that I have in my office so we were able to manipulate (and remove ALL the jammed paper) the thing to finally printout the boarding passes for everyone. I did envision being the last person to board on our Southwest flight with all the dire consequences that could arise (middle seat) LOL

If I need boarding passes while away from my printer, I pull up the boarding pass on my phone or tablet (or both) and take a screen shot of the boarding pass.

(You can Google how to screenshot on your particular device ).

Then when I get too the gate, I just go to my photo gallery to view the pass.

We cruised on the Allure this past February and the kiosks were not working. We had a D internet allowance, however it was so ever so slooooooow to get to print boarding passes. It took some 1 hour between the slowness and the dropped line to print 2 UA passes. Guests using the terminals were cursing and talking to themselves with frustration.

Guest Service was having its own problem with the slowness in accessing guest's information. In one instance, a dedicate Guest Servicer tried to get help from the on board IT and they wouldn't answer the phone.

The system was slow all week. It was much faster on the Serenade when we cruise the Mediterranean in August '13.

Now that you can no longer get interent minutes you would have to buy an hour of time just to get boarding passes printed??

Yes, it will cost you at least $30 to print boarding passes, unless:

• You are on Oasis or Allure and their airline check-in kiosks are actually working.
  • You are Diamond or better and ask the Diamond Concierge to print your boarding passes.
  • You are in a Grand Suite or better, are Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle, and ask the Concierge to print out your boarding passes.

Edited by clarea

On Oasis in August,2014, the kiosk I had used before on Oasis 2010, was no longer available. I used my free 1 hour Internet min. (Diamond member) to secure boarding passes, and it was free to print them out. It would be cheaper if you're flying Southwest to purchase Early Bird seating than paying the ship's Internet fee if you're not a D.

Please clarify? Has RCL eliminated the 30 minutes from their D booklets?

No, in fact, I believe when ships go to unlimited internet plans, they increase the number of free minutes for C&A members.

Thanks, I was concerned with "Molly361" response to my info.

I believe she meant was that you could no longer purchase internet by single minutes. I don't believe she was not saying C&A members lost their free internet coupons, which by the way I should have added as another option in my post above regarding printing boarding passes.

I believe she meant was that you could no longer purchase internet by single minutes. I don't believe she was not saying C&A members lost their free internet coupons, which by the way I should have added as another option in my post above regarding printing boarding passes.

Got it.

That's correct!! I was just saying the minimum purchase is now 1 hour. We are D+ and got 1 hour free internet time. Did not mean to start any new rumors.

Edited by molly361

For Southwest you can always have a friend/relative you trust check you in 24 hours in advance to get the best seats possible without paying extra. They will need your confirmation number. If they check you in and you are assigned an A40, that is what will print for you at the airport. The number is assigned to you at the electronic check-in whether the pass is printed then or not.

Wife often does this for me since I may be airborne on one flight when another flight's 24 hour advance time comes up.