Classic drink package issues?

barney6895

I just read a post about how a lot of what is included on the classic is now being moved to the Premium and drink prices are going up for a lot of what the classic package holders are use to. Is this true? Or is this just for the UK sailings? Someone posted a list from their Aug 1 cruise and it seems normal to me but I sail in 2 months on Reflection and apparently capt morgan and disorono are now on the premium package and there are practically no wines on classic from what i heard from the post this morning. Can anyone clear this up? I dont mind upgrading for $77.50 but I dont think i need to if there are no changes.

The prices on the drink menus on sailing from the UK include the 15% gratuity so the prices appear higher. The classic package covers a lot of drinks although the wine offerings are limited. Captain Morgan's was on the classic package in July, don't know about the other one as I didn't look.

I suggest that you hold off on upgrading until you get onboard, then if the brands you want are not covered by the Classic you can upgrade then. If they are you don't have to spend the $77.50

The prices on the drink menus on sailing from the UK include the 15% gratuity so the prices appear higher. The classic package covers a lot of drinks although the wine offerings are limited. Captain Morgan's was on the classic package in July, don't know about the other one as I didn't look.

I suggest that you hold off on upgrading until you get onboard, then if the brands you want are not covered by the Classic you can upgrade then. If they are you don't have to spend the $77.50

Yea thats right I think they are all freaking out cause of the 15% charge and this is affecting the prices for each package. Have you tried the molecule bar? Is it worth upgrading for that? I know nothing is covered under classic and the martini bar is a bit thin in options like only two or three under classic? I mean i spent thousands on the room so another $77 at the end of the day haha. This is true though i mind as well wait it out the first night. I can change this at guest relations if i want to upgrade right?

I've been able to upgrade at any bar. I assume that's true and easier than waiting in line at GS.

And for ME absolutely the package is worth upgrading JUST for the Molecular bar. So I'm not sure if I'd bother or not on the M-class ships, but for the S-class I'd be all over the upgrade.

Hi BARNEY6895,

Believe I saw your post today on a very old thread from earlier this year...

The fuss then was 2 fold. Celebrity was raising prices on their Bevvy Pkgs, and reevaluating what brands were included in the Classic (now that they were marketing the Classic Pkg as sort of an ongoing 123GO Promo).

People were ticked by the changes... Both the overall price increases (ie Premium went from $ 54 + Grats per day to $ 59 + Grats per day) and the fact that individual pours increased in price as well

And that some people found their Favourite libation had moved from the Classic list to the Premium

--- --- ---

As JELAYNE pointed out there is also the continuing discussion about how there are 2 published price lists... One for the UK market and one for the rest of the world

The UK list shows Grats in the overall total, whereas the other one Grats are an added extra. As I understand it this is to meet some legal requirement in the UK (taxes & fees included), whereas the styling in NA is to always show the breakout of taxes separately... Lol, blame this on our common history (stamp tax, tea tax) and how us NAs always want to know exactly how much extra we are being charged to keep those in charge accountable.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

PS... We always upgrade to Premium... As it includes a larger selection of bevvys, both alcoholic and non, and the more fancier cocktails, Martinis, and after dinner liqueurs.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

do you happen to know that if sailing from Barcelona the 15% charge applies??

If you mean the cruise lines 15% service charge then yes it applies everywhere. From the UK it's included in the increased drinks prices on the menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been able to upgrade at any bar. I assume that's true and easier than waiting in line at GS.

And for ME absolutely the package is worth upgrading JUST for the Molecular bar. So I'm not sure if I'd bother or not on the M-class ships, but for the S-class I'd be all over the upgrade.

I agree Sharon, it's like paying for one martini and you're covered for the 2nd...and 3rd........:p;)

We will upgrade. And I still feel it's a good deal.

Both DW and I are upgraded on the classic to Premium bev Pkg on our Summitt cruise this Nov but I have read somewhere that you can ask for the non covered specialty drinks (like at the martini bar) in a smaller size that then makes them covered by the classic package. Don't know this is true from personal experience (and probably never will as we both like beverages only covered on premium package) but I have read this on Celebrity blogs here on CC

Just sayin'