Ordering from Princess

trbarton

I had an order that I wanted to make with Princess for my upcoming cruise so I tried something out. I used this address for Princess, Princesscustomerrelations@princesscruises.com to make an order. I first filled out the order form from the Princess Web Site and printed it out. Then I scanned the order page and attached the page to to the above email address and explained that I didn't have access to a fax machine.

Good news....The next day they called to confirm my order. Easy to do and I was surprised that it worked.

Tom:)

Not everybody has access to a fax machine. Today's standard is email.

This is one of the strange changes from dial-up days. Many dial-up modems actually had the ability to fax from your computer. Now that we have gone past the dial-up modem days it's not as easy to do. :rolleyes:

But the form is explicit in that it should be faxed, so we followed the direction.

Sorry, I wasn't being critical of you... Just the way cruise lines expect us to respond. They have to get with technology and adopt newer ways of doing things. They would get a much higher rate of response to what they're selling if they would allow us to email, instead of faxing (old tech).

But the form is explicit in that it should be faxed, so we followed the direction.

The form also has the USPS mail address. I always mail it in and keep a copy.

I don't have a fax machine, either. USPS always works for me.

Sorry, I wasn't being critical of you... Just the way cruise lines expect us to respond. They have to get with technology and adopt newer ways of doing things. They would get a much higher rate of response to what they're selling if they would allow us to email, instead of faxing (old tech).

People have also been annoyed that they have to fax their shareholder's OBC request rather than sending it by email. Email used to work but not any longer. It's a bit puzzling to be sure.

The easiest way is to call 1-800-PRINCESS and talk to a reservations agent. I booked the drinks package and pre-paid my gratuities for my upcoming b2b cruises in this manner. Phone time less than 10 minutes and I had the email confirmation in my inbox before ending the call.

Princess REALLY needs to add all the gifts/services to the cruise personalizer. They also need to add specialty restaurant bookings, sanctuary bookings! Chefs table etc. RCCL/Celebrity have had this functionality for several years. They avoid passengers who don't have internet access from being shut out on embarkation day by only selling a certain % of available slots/times in advance. It works very well.

The easiest way is to call 1-800-PRINCESS and talk to a reservations agent. I booked the drinks package and pre-paid my gratuities for my upcoming b2b cruises in this manner. Phone time less than 10 minutes and I had the email confirmation in my inbox before ending the call.

Princess REALLY needs to add all the gifts/services to the cruise personalizer. They also need to add specialty restaurant bookings, sanctuary bookings! Chefs table etc. RCCL/Celebrity have had this functionality for several years. They avoid passengers who don't have internet access from being shut out on embarkation day by only selling a certain % of available slots/times in advance. It works very well.

I'd love to be able to just order everything online.

Edited by Luvmyrotti

Not everybody has access to a fax machine. Today's standard is email.

There are free FAX services on the Internet.

You tell it the FAX number and provide the attachments to FAX.

No need for a FAX machine at all.

They would get a much higher rate of response to what they're selling if they would allow us to email, instead of faxing (old tech).

People have also been annoyed that they have to fax their shareholder's OBC request rather than sending it by email. Email used to work but not any longer. It's a bit puzzling to be sure.

The problem with E-mails is that the evil people in the world put a virus in the attachments and infiltrate the recipient's computer.

I think Princess is working on allowing ordering of items online that currently require a phone call or FAX.

I do not see e-mails for requesting OBC coming back.

There are free FAX services on the Internet.

You tell it the FAX number and provide the attachments to FAX.

No need for a FAX machine at all.

Can you provide the details for everyone for the free FAX services?

Thanks!!!

Tom:)

I faxed in my order, but in 2 weeks they never processed it. I finally just called them and put the order in over the phone. Received confirmation within minutes. The customer service rep. told me that they are not allowed to write down Visa number, it gets typed into the computer right away. That makes me feel more secure as I know there isn't a slip of paper around with my number on it.