10% discount on premium beverage package

cheriberi

[quote name='JezzaC']There isn't such a thing as a free classic package. It has been included in the prices.[/QUOTE]

For 2 months leading up to when I booked our last cruse I had been keeping an eye on cruise fares and the fare didn't budge a single pound once the promo was announced so in my opinion I did indeed get it for free... Now the prices did increase quite a bit not long after we booked but we were lucky to get a great cruise in a great cabin for a great price...

Sometimes you can be lucky and get a great deal! Edited by MR_T

[quote name='MR_T']For 2 months leading up to when I booked our last cruse I had been keeping an eye on cruise fares and the fare didn't budge a single pound once the promo was announced so in my opinion I did indeed get it for free... Now the prices did increase quite a bit not long after we booked but we were lucky to get a great cruise in a great cabin for a great cruise...

Sometimes you can be lucky and get a great deal![/QUOTE]

In fact this has happened on 2 of my current bookings so I do indeed believe I have received it for free!

I tried to book the package online yesterday and got an error message. Then I called Celebrity directly and the representative said she didn't know anything about the promo. After she put me on hold for roughly 10 minutes, she returned and said "I can't book it now because there is a problem with the system. Don't worry, I put a note on your reservation. You will get a confirmation email and phone call within 24 hours."

Guess what? 24 hours has come and gone. Nothing.

H
[quote name='Rob the Cruiser']I tried to book the package online yesterday and got an error message. Then I called Celebrity directly and the representative said she didn't know anything about the promo. After she put me on hold for roughly 10 minutes, she returned and said "I can't book it now because there is a problem with the system. Don't worry, I put a note on your reservation. You will get a confirmation email and phone call within 24 hours."

Guess what? 24 hours has come and gone. Nothing.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried again and booked online? I know at least 8 parties from our Aussie group have booked/paid for the premium package with the 10% deal.

Cheers! (Pun intended!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='QE2_Fan']H

Have you tried again and booked online? I know at least 8 parties from our Aussie group have booked/paid for the premium package with the 10% deal.

Cheers! (Pun intended!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes. I tried yesterday. (Saturday) Same story..."There is a glitch we will call you back within 24 hours."

Cheers back at ya!

[quote name='TNhome']I upgraded a classic beverage package to the premium on the phone with celebrity. I was told that the 10% would be given in form of onboard gratuity. Has anyone else been told this?[/QUOTE]

You may have been better off cancelling your classic package and then purchasing the discounted premium package outright.

Or was your classic package part of the PYP offers, which means Celebrity are also allowing the 10% off on paid upgrades from the perk inclusion to premium package?

I hadn't thought of that and if so might consider it for our March cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was part of the PYP. The only problem is it expires on cruises after Dec. 1. We were able to use it for the Dec. 1 cruise but not the back to back on the 12th. Every little bit helps though. Maybe they will offer it for later cruises as well.

I can see the 10% discount being offered on my cruise with a rate of $59 per day for the Premium package.

Can someone kindly let me know if this is before or after the discount ?
(or what was the non discounted price ?)

Thanks

(next post will no doubt be it is not available for Australians, if indeed I can access my reservation)

[quote name='downundermatt']I can see the 10% discount being offered on my cruise with a rate of $59 per day for the Premium package.

Thanks

(next post will no doubt be it is not available for Australians, if indeed I can access my reservation)[/quote]

Hi

Purchased the premium drinks package online and payed $743.40 + $111.51 service charge :- total $854.91 for upcoming 14 night cruise.
This is indeed a 10% discount on the published price.
Sorry i must dash back to my tinny as i am in training.:D

Jazzman:)

[quote name='downundermatt']I can see the 10% discount being offered on my cruise with a rate of $59 per day for the Premium package.

Thanks

(next post will no doubt be it is not available for Australians, if indeed I can access my reservation)[/quote]

The $59 USD price is the normal price of the premium beverage package before any discounts. So a 10% discount would bring the price down to $53.10 USD. A 15% service charge to cover "gratuities" is added to the purchase price of the package at the time you purchase it. This should be based on the actual cost of the package, net of any discounts. Edited by Lsimon

[quote name='AerynSun_JohnCrighton']Quick question... do they ever offer discounts once you board??? I'm just not sure I would spend that much on drinks/coffee and soda to spend that money...[/quote]
I don't think I've heard of any on board specials on this.

However you can definitely start your cruise without a package and take some time to check out the on-board offerings, prices and your own consumption for a day or more. Then you can always purchase the package on board if you decide you'd like to do so. The on board price will be pro-rated for the remaining nights of the cruise. They do cut off sales of the packages 3 or 4 nights before the end of the cruise. Edited by Lsimon