Brazilian Visa questions help

joiedevivre

That's most interesting. We applied for our visas about this time last year for our November 22nd departure on Marina, and I don't recall receiving such a warning. Of course, maybe O sent one out and I missed it!

Mura

• 1 month later...

I just made final payment for our February cruise, and now I'm working on the Visa application. We go through the Atlanta consulate, and we are doing it by mail. We considered doing an in-person appointment, but they don't process them on the same day and would be mailing the documents back anyway.

My question, however, is: on the actual visa application that I am completing on line, what has everyone put for address in Brazil? I will obviously put in the ship's name, but beyond that I'm at a loss. We have many ports in Brazil, and we actually start in Argentina. Any thoughts? I don't want to leave blank lines and have the application rejected!

Thanks!

I just made final payment for our February cruise, and now I'm working on the Visa application. We go through the Atlanta consulate, and we are doing it by mail. We considered doing an in-person appointment, but they don't process them on the same day and would be mailing the documents back anyway.

My question, however, is: on the actual visa application that I am completing on line, what has everyone put for address in Brazil? I will obviously put in the ship's name, but beyond that I'm at a loss. We have many ports in Brazil, and we actually start in Argentina. Any thoughts? I don't want to leave blank lines and have the application rejected!

Thanks!

You need to contact Oceania and get the correct information. Don't believe we even put down the ships name when we applied for our Brazilian Visas. While we were not on Oceania when we got our Visas, the cruise line provided the specific address to go on the Visa application.

Contact Oceania or have your TA contact them Monday and get the specific information for your cruise. Think the address had something to do with the Port Agent in our first port but, not sure. Would not take any address provided here unless it was from someone on your specific cruise and they got the information from Oceania.

Thanks!

Assuming you are on the 2 Feb Regatta sailing --

If another you can check and down load the visa kit -- all information is there.

Check Oceania's VISA agent -- http://www.cibt.com/oceania

ISS Marine Services, Rua Conselheiro Saraiva, 28 - 4

andar, Centro - Rio de Janeiro CEP 20.091-030 Brazil

55-21-3622-5756

issrio@iss-shipping.com

We are on the February 23 sailing. I did speak to someone at Oceania, and they gave me somewhat different information than you listed here. I used that info - I hope it works.

Same data on the CIBT site for the 23rd.

Same data on the CIBT site for the 23rd.

I did see that and when I clicked through, it definitely showed a different address than what the Oceania rep gave me on the phone. I've filled out the on line applications, and now I'm concerned about whether it's correct! Ugh!

I spoke to Oceania again regarding the differences between the address they gave me earlier today and the one on the CIBT site. For travelers who do their own visa applications, the address that Oceania gave me earlier is the correct one. They apparently have some visa office in Brazil, which is the address they gave me. The rep I just spoke with also confirmed this with his supervisor. For those who use the CIBT service, the info on the CIBT site is correct, as that's the local address they use.

With all due respect, not all information on this thread is incorrect. I did understand that the OP was not using a visa service but wanted to answer the question regarding which cities/states require proof of financial self sufficiency.

Suggest everyone interested in obtaining a visa for Brazil read this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1882528&highlight=brazil+visas . Apparently the requirements differ by consulate. So, I would not believe any post on this thread but would do research based on where you live and which consulate (or service) you plan on using. To be honest, we would avoid Brazil if we could (having been there for 2 days previously and having to obtain a visa). We cancelled a transatlantic cruise three times because of the hassle of Rio and the visa issues. This time I am willing to pay anyone that can make the process easier.

Applying for a Brasilian visa seems to be a unique experience - for ever single individual. I thought DH would cancel our cruise because of the "proof of income" requirements. In the end, our visit to the consulate was quick and painless. We took everything required, but they only looked at our cruise docs. We received our visa in the mail two weeks later.

The one thing I would suggest to people is that they not wait until the last minute to apply, whether you are in Miami, NYC, or Canada. If you have booked your cruise a year in advance and they tell you to allow at least 30 days, why wait until exactly 30 days and worry? One lady on our cruise did, and she made an error which necessitated re-applying. It was a nail biting experience, as her visa arrived the day she flew.

I have to say, though, that visiting Rio is worth the hassle. What a gorgeous place with delightful surprises everywhere you look. It was the only time we were ever reluctant to board the ship. We wanted more time in Rio- four days was not enough!

Hey Softball-

We're on the same cruise. Can you please provide the address Oceania gave you. We will be doing our own visas too. Hope everybody signs up for the roll call so we can make arrangements to meet each other.

Mary and Joe

Hi!

This is what Oceania gave me on the phone and then re-confirmed it in a second phone call. Got our photos and money orders yesterday; it should all go out in the mail tomorrow.

Oceania Cruises/MS Regatta

Oceanus Agencia Maritima, Rua Sao Bento, 8th - 12th Floor

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 20090-010

(provence -- from the drop down menu on the fillable form): RJ

(tel) 552138495858

tramp@oceanus.com.br

Looking forward to a great cruise!

Donna