So... how's that HSB Shuttle working out?

alligeek

Hi everyone! Went to Bermuda for the first time.

We went to Horseshoe Bay last Sept 3. Took the #7 bus from the dockyard w/o any problem. Going back to the ship we took the bus with the sign "special". Two "special" buses arrived around 3pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this info.

Hope you had a great time!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

My husband and I took the $16 "shuttle" last week - on Tuesday the day the Summit and Breakaway both get into Bermuda, traditionally the busiest day for HSB and it was super easy.

The shuttles were closer to the where the ships dock than the buses and they take you all the way down to the beach area (both of which could be beneficial for those with slight mobility issues). The vans we were in took no more than 10 people on each trip so there was plenty of room and no waiting or schlepping back up the hill.

If it were just the two of us I would use this option again because of its convenience factor. If you are super committed to buying the 3 day pass I would probably wait for the bus and go up and down the hill but for us it just wasn't worth it.

We will be on the Celebrity Eclipse arriving at the Dockyard on 11/11 for a day and a half visit. Does anyone know if this shuttle service will be running post season? Or how any of the transportation services are post season? We definitely want to visit Horseshoe Bay Beach.

Marc

Hi,

Not sure the shuttle will be active in November...

Busses and ferries are on a winter schedule, but active ( no ferry to St-George ) on limited hours...

But of course the regular busses are always in fonction, it's also the regular transit system for the residents.

Take bus #7 from Dockyard, it's 4$ per way and about 30 minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We took bus #7 this past Sunday. It dropped us off at Black Bay and continued on to HSB.

What time did you get on the bus? We will be on the Grandeur and don't dock until 3pm Sunday. Wondering what are the chances of getting the bus to and from HSB?

Hi,

Not sure the shuttle will be active in November...

Busses and ferries are on a winter schedule, but active ( no ferry to St-George ) on limited hours...

But of course the regular busses are always in fonction, it's also the regular transit system for the residents.

Take bus #7 from Dockyard, it's 4$ per way and about 30 minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thank you for your reply.

Marc

What time did you get on the bus? We will be on the Grandeur and don't dock until 3pm Sunday. Wondering what are the chances of getting the bus to and from HSB?

According to this poster who just returned from a cruise on the Grandeur, the only way to get to Horseshoe Bay that late in the day would be to take a cruise ship excursion or a taxi:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44148202&postcount=4

Edited by njhorseman

• 1 month later...

We went to HSB on Sunday when we arrived on the 26th and the "old" 7$ per person per way shuttle system was still available.

We had priority debarkation, so we left the ship within the first group of people and we waited about 10 minutes for the small van to fill-up and we headed to the beach...we were the first to arrive at the beach. The other shuttle at 16$ per person round trip arrived about 15 minutes later.

We had a blast like always !!!