Have The Freedom Dry Dock Upgrades Been Announced Yet?

All I hope is that when we get on Freedom in March, that the dry dock is complete and that we won't experience any of the nightmares that they are experiencing on the Oasis TA right now.

I'm not in favor of DD as I like the traditional early seating and we have booked it with the family dining so that my 3 and 5 year old grandchildren are whisked away by the Adventure Ocean staff when they are finished eating. If there is DD, we'll deal with it.

I hope we can follow the dry dock as we were able to follow the Navigator dry dock last year!

Cheryl

Where will the dance club go to?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

If it's anything like Navigator, they will remove the stage and put a DJ booth and dance floor in the Viking Crown lounge.

Are you SURE that Dynamic Dining also comes to Freedom Class?

I have heard in a podcast that it will only be intodruced on Quantum and Oasis Class, and on the other ships it will be kept the current system.

Nobody is SURE either way, I don't even think RC have finalized their plans. They did post a statement saying specifically they aren't currently planning to put DD on Freedom in the upcoming drydock.

Of course they could still change their minds on that, so who knows.

Nobody is SURE either way, I don't even think RC have finalized their plans. They did post a statement saying specifically they aren't currently planning to put DD on Freedom in the upcoming drydock.

Of course they could still change their minds on that, so who knows.

As far as I have heard, RCI plans to put DD on Quantum- and Oasis-ships so far to see how it works.

Any information whether the Viking Crown Lounge will be kept on Freedom-Class? I do not hope that it becomes a Suite-Only-Lounge as it has become on Oasis... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
As far as I have heard, RCI plans to put DD on Quantum- and Oasis-ships so far to see how it works.

Any information whether the Viking Crown Lounge will be kept on Freedom-Class? I do not hope that it becomes a Suite-Only-Lounge as it has become on Oasis... :rolleyes:

I'm wondering about the dance club I heard it's going though

When Navigator was in dry dock, there was a thread done by Dry Dock Dave and he posted daily pictures and commentary. I hope he'll be involved in Freedom's Dry Dock and do it again!

Cheryl

I'd imagine freedoms going to freeport Bahamas for dry dock

Edited by cruiserdudebobby8

The two deck nightclub (The Crypt) will likely be converted to staterooms on the lower deck and a restaurant on the upper deck.

So where would someone go to dance and listen to equivelant music Olive or Twist? The Crypt is nothing like this area. I think it would be a mistake to get rid of this. Its more of an upbeat dance music type area.

I'd imagine freedoms going to freeport Bahamas for dry dock

Yes, that's where Navigator was for her month long dry dock. Even then, she wasn't complete and the repair people stayed on and continued to work on her!

Cheryl

I don't know how to reference another thread as I am technologically challenged, but I did find the thread by Dry Dock Dave and his wife Aim1 about the Navigator Dry Dock last January and I posted on it so it would come up to the top of page 1.

Hope this helps to give you ideas of what will probably be done to Freedom.

Cheryl

The conflicting info from Royal is starting to get on my nerves. I don't understand why they can't just tell us what is happening during the dry dock.

My guess is that they constantly change their minds, and don't want to put anything in writing.

My guess is that they constantly change their minds, and don't want to put anything in writing.

But they DID put it in writing!! There was a press release that specifically stated that Freedom would NOT get DD while in dry dock.

That's what's so frustrating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But they DID put it in writing!! There was a press release that specifically stated that Freedom would NOT get DD while in dry dock.

That's what's so frustrating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct. The FR is NOT going to get DD, per the official RCCL press release.